Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: Tamiya Camel Yellow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2023, 01:47 AM   #1

Default Tamiya Camel Yellow

I realise I posted in the wrong section, so here goes again here:😄
I'm looking to buy some paint in "Camel Yellow", ie as close to Sand Glow as possible. Tamiya list a paint called Camel Yellow (TS34), but it looks a bit b right. As it'll have to be an on-line purchase I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge of how close/accurate it is for Sand Glow.

(JS Scale list paint, but do not have stock)

Thanks!
sji-trx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2023, 06:39 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tamiya Camel Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sji-trx4 View Post
I realise I posted in the wrong section, so here goes again here:😄
I'm looking to buy some paint in "Camel Yellow", ie as close to Sand Glow as possible. Tamiya list a paint called Camel Yellow (TS34), but it looks a bit b right. As it'll have to be an on-line purchase I'm wondering if anyone has knowledge of how close/accurate it is for Sand Glow.

(JS Scale list paint, but do not have stock)

Thanks!
i know nothing about paint but im sure some will post up you could try searching threads i know its not the easyest site to search though but there are threads about cammel trophy rigs they might even list the paint they used

any way do a search and if you dont find the info you need in the other threads just hang out some one will have that info this site is kinda slow so relax for a while and let the magic that is rcc work
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:47 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes, did a search, but it seemed at first that most people's Camel Defenders came ready painted (Traxxas or hard-bodied). But did see a post suggesting the Tamiya paint with a black undercoat, to darken it down slightly. Might look into that.
sji-trx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 04:19 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Land Rover / JLR lists the official color as "Land Rover SAND GLOW YELLOW 361" - you can try finding that at on Ebay
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You can also do this

Testors Modelmaster Chrysler yellow, very similiar to Land rover

and flat clear coat

edit
or tamiya TS semi gloss ts79

Last edited by Jjay; 05-18-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Jjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:03 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I've used the Tamiya paint for my Camel Trophy rig. It came out a bit more shiny than I expected, but I might have gone too heavy on the paint --> TRX-4 Camel Trophy D110 Project

Another option I was looking at before I chose the Tamiya, was a color from Zeropaints --> https://www.super-hobby.gr/products/...ally-Matt.html
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:54 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I'm a firm believer in shooting a final coat of Tamiya PS-55 Flat Clear over the exterior of any crawler that I'm really trying to make look scale.

Glossy polycarbonate (Lexan) makes everything look toy-like, because it has the effect of making your R/C look like it has shiny clearcoat as thick as the body is.

Sometimes I don't do it on bashers, because they will quickly get scuffed and scratched and that takes care of that problem!

I did my silver TRX-4 Defender after also shooting the roof white, and my yellow Ascender Chevy K-10 after shooting the hood in black.

The layer of flat clear also is pretty durable, so your vehicles stay good-looking for longer.

Find a good yellow to shoot the underside of the Lexan, maybe back it with either black or silver to darken it a bit - and then shoot the clear on the outside for best results.

(In my opinion, of course...)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya Camel Yellow - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya "Camel" Yellow Paint sji-trx4 General Scale Talk 2 07-17-2023 10:48 AM
Tan Limited Edition Defender (Camel Trophy Yellow) durok Traxxas TRX-4 20 11-04-2018 05:29 PM
Backing in Black after Tamiya Camel Yellow? Ghost Koi Paint and Body 4 12-23-2014 09:38 PM