Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Paint and Body

Notices

Thread: " The Iron Frog "

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 06:21 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default " The Iron Frog "

Been 20 yrs at least since I've painted and the last was a camo on a Tiger tank. Anyway, here is The Iron Frog under construction ! Used Faskolor and just a tich of flake .. lol
Attached Images

Last edited by nomobux; 12-16-2007 at 06:33 AM.
nomobux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks good. how'd you paint that "tape" color on the windows... That looks SOOOO real..j/k

got more plans for it?
damion289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion289 View Post
Looks good. how'd you paint that "tape" color on the windows... That looks SOOOO real..j/k

got more plans for it?
Lol ... authentic tape mix. Took hours to formulate. Dunno what I'll do for sure. I had no plan goin. Tint the windows maybe today. That brings a question to mind. I have Faskolor window tint. Do I mask so that it doesn't darkin the green ? Or in fact will it ? I'm not a sticky type guy, so it's probably about where it will be. Oh by the way, I have a Red Ryder BB gun ... Don't shoot yer eye out kid ... lol

Last edited by nomobux; 12-16-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #4

That looks good. Love the metal flake. One question though where did you get the little jack stands?
whjdm069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomobux View Post
Lol ... authentic tape mix. Took hours to formulate. Dunno what I'll do for sure. I had no plan goin. Tint the windows maybe today. That brings a question to mind. I have Faskolor window tint. Do I mask so that it doesn't darkin the green ? Or in fact will it ? I'm not a sticky type guy, so it's probably about where it will be. Oh by the way, I have a Red Ryder BB gun ... Don't shoot yer eye out kid ... lol

I promise I wont shoot it out.. But I can't say I won't take a shot at the dog next door.
Depending on how you backed up the green you may get a different tint on it in the light after you tint the windows without masking off the green.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjdm069 View Post
That looks good. Love the metal flake. One question though where did you get the little jack stands?

I have seen them at some auto parts suppliers.. I've also seen them at Harbor Frieght Tools. We are lucky and have a store for them about 20 min from my house and I've seen them there I'm fairly sure along with those scaled down hydrolic floor jacks... Perfect for pics like that..
Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have seen them at some auto parts suppliers.. I've also seen them at Harbor Frieght Tools. We are lucky and have a store for them about 20 min from my house and I've seen them there I'm fairly sure along with those scaled down hydrolic floor jacks... Perfect for pics like that..
Damn ... All they ever want to know is "where'd you get the jack stands" Yup, think it was HF. Actually, they are really handy. And you can get a mini hyd floor jack from Sears. Did not wanna hear that I prob have to mask the windows AT ALL, but I figured that would be the answer.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Damn ... All they ever want to know is "where'd you get the jack stands" Yup, think it was HF. Actually, they are really handy. And you can get a mini hyd floor jack from Sears. Did not wanna hear that I prob have to mask the windows AT ALL, but I figured that would be the answer.

DId I spill the beans on the stands???
Sorry... You don't HAVE to mask for the windows .. just dont run it in the light then...Or say.. "I meant to do that"..
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Nice... it is very Frog like good name
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
DId I spill the beans on the stands???
Sorry... You don't HAVE to mask for the windows .. just dont run it in the light then...Or say.. "I meant to do that"..
I'll go ahead and mask. Thanx. Also I really like the no smell, no mess, easy c/u on the Faskolor, BUT, I think " Ed Roth " is hangin the airbrush back up and retiring after this ....... "Flake on"

Last edited by nomobux; 12-16-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'll go ahead and mask. Thanx. Also I really like the no smell, no mess, easy c/u on the Faskolor, BUT, I think " Ed Roth " is hangin the airbrush back up and retiring after this ....... "Flake on"
Big Daddy don't got squat on yur flake job....next time try grinding up the wife's jewery for the authentic gold flake look...

I do like their paints for that reason also. no thining them out either which just is nice to not have to do.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Big Daddy don't got squat on yur flake job....next time try grinding up the wife's jewery for the authentic gold flake look...

I do like their paints for that reason also. no thining them out either which just is nice to not have to do.
I thot of the jewelry thing but then I remembered, it's at the pawn shop from doin the 32 Hi-boy in the background of one pic ... lol
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I thot of the jewelry thing but then I remembered, it's at the pawn shop from doin the 32 Hi-boy in the background of one pic ... lol

Yeah I notice it back there just didn't want to bring it up. I know 1st hand how expensive it is.. Between the '65 mustang..the jeep... and the motorcycles... The money has a hard time of flowing.. Thank god my wife doesn't wear jewery....more money for toys...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Ok .. Last few pix ... Read alot on tint about goin slow ( runs, etc ) I backed off the feed and pressure ( paranoia ). Got tired of that and went for it. Am I happy, yes , sorta. It's gonna be a driver, so what the hell. Overall, it came out decent and as above, I am real pleased with my experience with Faskolor. Now I am retired as a painter. Lol. The pix in the shop do not come out too well. Hope you enjoyed the rant and if I ever get some sun I will try and do some good shots.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

And the last .......
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Well if it doesn't work as a crawler, it's got a future as a bass boat.:-P

Last edited by dezfan; 12-16-2007 at 06:44 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Looks nice man! I love the flake.

What's the specs on the Deuce hiding back there?
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Looks great. I'm a big fan of big old school flake jobs. Would like to see the hi boy pics to
Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Looks great. I'm a big fan of big old school flake jobs. Would like to see the hi boy pics to
Ok .. Highmark ... 32 3 window, bullshit black, sbc, kitted 700r4, 9" 411s, 4 whl disc ( 11" rear ), red leather, polished stnls Heits ( my 1st non trad front but drives bitchin ). Running the chrome 5s on it now and switch to the Fuelers and 10s when the mood hits. Only trailer I have is the one I tow behind it.
Attached Images

Last edited by nomobux; 12-17-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Props man, beautiful ride and it's good to hear that it gets driven.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote