Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events

Notices

Thread: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Trail class will bring in new drivers which is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Which is why if the trail class is more of a stock class then that new person can come to a comp and see other cars built like his and not get scared away because everyone else has the best you can buy into their cars. It keeps at least one class on more of an even playing field for everyone to enjoy. Im on board if this is more what the trail class will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
I think this trail class is a good idea to increase exposure to the rest of USRCCA classes. In my view the challenge is to present this new class in such a way to invite new drivers to participate in a national event as a stepping stone to comp crawling because that's where the real prestige is.

A stock class could be as easily dominated by any pro driver competing. The finer driving points of driving exist across classes from super all the way to a scale run.

A driver is a driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
I have been to a few trail and scale events for fun over the past couple years (I am no Scaler but I understand why people like it). I brought my Pro Rig to these events to fool around (since I have no scale rig) and was shocked by how many of the "Crawler Guys" in these areas had never even heard of a pro class or seen a Pro Rig. There were quite a few that expressed a lot of interest and for all I know they went out and found one.

If the new class helps get people excited about running their rig through some gates with the clock running and the score adding up, AND give them some exposure to the 2.2P, 2.2S and other comp classes then that would be great.

I guess the moral of the story is there are lots of people the just have no idea. Odds are that the ones that are willing to go out and stick with the Trail Class will eventually pick up a 2.2 Rig.

We can hope at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
We ran this class at our comp 2 weeks ago and 2 or 3 of the scale guys we attracted are building 2.2S rigs now. (It's a start)

Everyone has their own spin on things, and the Rules Committee researched, argued, and ultimately came to very similar way of thinking.

Some of you are going to not like some of the decisions we made. You might not be able to use the new body you just chopped up or the current tires you have on your truck. Just remember we are asking LOCAL clubs to be more forgiving, so just Run What You Brung(RWYB). If your planning on going to a larger event then having to buy a new body or tires probably isn't your biggest concern.

Bodies and Tires that are listed as .....Acceptable Examples.......are just that examples. Don't panic if you don't see your body or tire on the list.

Selection Guidelines
Competition specific tires and bodies are not allowed. The following lists of bodies and tires are just examples of, but not limited to, the items that are banned or approved for NATIONAL level competition. If you are not comfortable selecting your own tire/body please have it reviewed before the event, or have a back up plan to run an acceptable selection.

I sure lots of you will have things to say about this class. Hopefully some good

Post#2 has been updated wit a Link, ans so has my signature

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-11-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #62
5th D Owner/Driver

So does a wraith need a full body or does the stock panels qualify?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Stock panels qualify.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #64
5th D Owner/Driver

Why outlaw comp crawler tires? The USRCCA is a comp crawler organization is it not?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I feel sorry for new people trying to make sense of all this....the SORRCA rules and now USRCCA rules? Have you guys thought about keeping it simple and just say you can run SORRCA rules but one truck per person at an event?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Btw, no more super class? Isn't that how all this got started in the first place?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:30 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
I feel sorry for new people trying to make sense of all this....the SORRCA rules and now USRCCA rules? Have you guys thought about keeping it simple and just say you can run SORRCA rules but one truck per person at an event?
Quote:
Btw, no more super class? Isn't that how all this got started in the first place?
USRCCA rules are way less complicated than SORCCA rules, and no body said no more super class.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Why outlaw comp crawler tires? The USRCCA is a comp crawler organization is it not?
United States Radio Controlled Crawler Assocciation.

Doesn't say comp crawlers only in there. The rigs outlined for this class and comp tires don't really go together, none of them come with comp tires.

Last edited by ROWDY RACING; 02-11-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This was never intended to be a scaler class. This is a class intended to allow a variety of available trucks, that look like trucks a venue to compete.

The existing comp classes had gone so far away from anything that actually looked like trucks that it had turned off a great number of people and so many new drivers show up once to find out that the truck that they just spent $300-500 or more on doesn't stand a chance against today's comp rigs. On the other side of it, the same guy finds that because he doesn't have the right chassis, spare tire, cooler and beer cans and little dolls, he feels just as out of place at a SORRCA comp. The idea for this class was to provide a class that's somewhere in the middle, with no bias whether it's a Ridgecrest or Wraith or SCX10. We also tried to allow some room for upgrades, while trying to keep a balance in performance so no truck completely runs away as a class killer.

The biggest key to the success of this class and of our hobby has more to do with the comp organizers and veteran competitors than the specifics of the class. Course design and attitude toward the new guys coming in will make the difference.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:06 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Does this change happen immediately? When I was organizing the Northeast National Qualifier this year it was something that was still in discussion and I was not sure if it was going to happen. I was not planning to include this class in the NENQ this year. If it is something that is manditory I will have to look into how to make the necessary changes to the schedule to make it happen.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
I was not planning to include this class in the NENQ this year.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Don't cry Chris. Like I said if it something that is needed, I will get it done. I want this sport to progress as much if not more than the next person. I would not go through the trials and tribulations of putting on a large national qualifier if I didn't. I'll just need to wrap my head around the best way to promote and execute it. The things that always worry me are having enough time in the day and having quality judges to make it all go. It is kind of like what I am dealing with on the club level. If you want to include another class then everyone, EVERYONE needs to step up and Get R' Done.

Great, now I have to go back into eventbrite and do more work.

Last edited by Jslick; 02-11-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

OK, I updated eventbrite for the NENQ. This will be good for the new scaler guys in our club to be part of a big event.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
OK, I updated eventbrite for the NENQ. This will be good for the new scaler guys in our club to be part of a big event.
Your going to be ballin now.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

OH BOY, now I have gone and done it. We will be including the Trail Class on Sunday along with SUPERS and 2.2S. That day would be better than on Sat. since we will be doing 2.2PRO and 1.9 and 2.2PRO FINALS. Man, I really need to start contacting sponsors now. I figure I just added at least 15-20 more drivers with the inclusion of the TRAIL CLASS.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I updated all the info on the event thread, second post.

The only thing I am not sure about is the two tire sizes, there is a big advantage in my mind running a 2.2 tire over a 1.9.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/eparc...ml#post4669106

Last edited by Jslick; 02-11-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #77
RCC Addict

Are you restricting who can drive in the "trail class"? If not it's going to dominated by the same people just like every other class, it's not the high dollar rigs, it's the good drives that finish high. If you don't want the class to be intimidating you have to exclude the "pro" drivers, or anyone good for that matter.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

I am not a huge fan of running 1.9 and 2.2 size tires on the same course. If we go that direction there should be a section seperate on the course that the 1.9 size tire rigs would split off and another one for the 2.2 size tires. Another thought with 4WS and dig do the drivers recieve a one time penality for using them? Most stock rigs that I know of do not have dig or 4WS.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Jslick; 02-12-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:16 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Does this change happen immediately? When I was organizing the Northeast National Qualifier this year it was something that was still in discussion and I was not sure if it was going to happen. I was not planning to include this class in the NENQ this year. If it is something that is manditory I will have to look into how to make the necessary changes to the schedule to make it happen.

Not sure what you mean by "mandatory" since technically no class is mandatory at USRCCA Qualifiers. It will be ran at this year Nationals.

Quote:
The default position is always stock. As long a people follow the spirit of class we will avoid micro managing things like body panels and cage dimensions. Builders that try and push the envelop by building things because "THE RULES DON"T SAT I CAN"T" might get a reality check. The further a builder strays from stock the more likely that check will happen

Quote:
Unless you have a crystal ball and know the driver are not going to continue supporting the class then why would you say this? Yes my 1st crawler was a super built from E-Maxx parts....FishMaxx get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
Are you restricting who can drive in the "trail class"? If not it's going to dominated by the same people just like every other class, it's not the high dollar rigs, it's the good drives that finish high. If you don't want the class to be intimidating you have to exclude the "pro" drivers, or anyone good for that matter.

Nope..definitely not wanting this to be a Novice Only class. There is an ease of entry component to the class, so someone not currently crawling can use a truck they might already have. This class needs to supported from the local level through Nationals by drivers who know crawling and can display their driver skills to those just getting started.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-12-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I guess that was poor wording Fish. The NENQ is able and willing to be a guinea pig to include this into our program this year.
Like I said in another post I see us adding at least 15-20 drivers to the qualifier with the inclusion of this class.

2014 Nationals & Season Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nor-CalRCRC 2013/2014 season gunnar Competition Results 8 06-02-2014 01:51 PM
G.V.C.C. comp season 2013-2014 rtousley Colorado 12 03-26-2014 05:22 PM
2014 Season Club Meeting Harley Missouri 55 02-21-2014 07:55 AM