Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events
Loading

Notices

Thread: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: on a Big Rock
Posts: 7,837
Default 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Sorry this coming out a little late, but sometimes life just gets in the way of having fun!


Rules; Nothing really has changed as far as the on Course Rules. Judges will be calling everything exactly the way the did in 2013.

The only exception is the OPTIONAL 20 Point Max Rule will be changed to 20 Point Bypass were the driver is penalized all penalties AND the 20 pt Bypass penalty. (If you club doesn't run the rule then it will have no effect on your comps.) Reason for updating is it maybe helpful in introducing the new TRAIL CLASS.

OVERALL Championship at Nationals: Instead of requiring that the drivers run ALL classes to be eligible for OVERALL drivers will have some different options!

REQUIRED Classes
2.2 Pro and 2.2 Shafty

Pick One Group
Super, 1.9, or Trail Class

Tiebreaker will be 2.2P, then 2.2s, then best score from the Pick One Group. If still tied we use the Pick One Group with the most drivers.


Minimum Class Levels Minimum Class levels are set to 25 drivers. If less than 25 Drivers sign up form the pick one group it will be dropped from the Over All Championship at Nationals with the possibility of being permanently dropped from National Competition. (Exception is Trail Class in 2014)

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-06-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: on a Big Rock
Posts: 7,837
Default Re: 2014 Season Information

Trail Competition Class

Mission Statement
The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles. The intent is for these vehicles to be able to compete in a traditional comp crawling setting on courses suitable for the specs of the vehicles. With minor changes, these vehicles could be made to compete at G6, Ultra4, SORRCA and other already popular type events.

Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment.

To help increase participation at the local level the USRCCA encourages local clubs to adopt a "Run what you brung" policy, and that only drivers wanting to move on to regional and national level events need to worry about stricter class specifications.

The USRCCA reserves the right to add any stock specification or measurement to class requirements it deems necessary to maintain the competitive balance of the class.








What we are attempting to do is create a class thats might be interesting to guys that don't currently crawl with some what stock truck through National level drivers looking for something different.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 02-11-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: on a Big Rock
Posts: 7,837
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Initially 2.2 and 1.9 will be run together until we see if is a consistent advantage.
Fishmaxx is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
OVERALL Championship at Nationals: Instead of requiring that the drivers run ALL classes to be eligible for OVERALL drivers will have some different options!

REQUIRED Classes
2.2 Pro and 2.2 Shafty

Pick One Group
Super, 1.9, or Trail Class

Tiebreaker will be 2.2P, then 2.2s, then best score from the Pick One Group. If still tied we use the Pick One Group with the most drivers.
This sounds good. It leaves some spare room for stuff in the luggage. Allthough I still think I'm gonna run four classes.
Zarizi Tech is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WA
Posts: 333
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Minimum Class Levels Minimum Class levels are set to 25 drivers. If less than 25 Drivers sign up form the pick one group it will be dropped from the Over All Championship at Nationals with the possibility of being permanently dropped from National Competition. (Exception is Trail Class in 2014)
So question fish regarding the min class levels. The way I read it is 25 driver's total between 1.9 and super. Or is it like I'm unfortunately seeing it read is if 25 supers or 25 1.9's don't sign up than its dropped from the overall and possibly not even running either class?
KingGee is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: here
Posts: 3,028
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

We @ WCRCC offered a scale class type comp, @ our pro comps last year it lasted maybe 2 comps.. its always been an option just never stuck.

Last edited by tapped-out; 02-06-2014 at 07:33 PM.
tapped-out is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,405
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGee View Post
So question fish regarding the min class levels. The way I read it is 25 driver's total between 1.9 and super. Or is it like I'm unfortunately seeing it read is if 25 supers or 25 1.9's don't sign up than its dropped from the overall and possibly not even running either class?
the way I read is if 25 people don't sign up for one or the other class that class could get dropped
lowridinjuggalo is offline  
Old 02-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: on a Big Rock
Posts: 7,837
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGee View Post
So question fish regarding the min class levels. The way I read it is 25 driver's total between 1.9 and super. Or is it like I'm unfortunately seeing it read is if 25 supers or 25 1.9's don't sign up than its dropped from the overall and possibly not even running either class?
1.9 and Super are their own classes, and need to attract their own drivers. One has nothing to do with the other.

Example: At this years Nationals if Super has 30 driver signed up and 14 drivers for 1.9. Then 1.9 will be dropped from the Over All chase and possible dropped from Nationals.

Basically we are just trying to figure out which classes drivers want to support, and which ones are supported because the were required.





Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
We @ WCRCC offered a scale class type comp, @ our pro comps last year it lasted maybe 2 comps.. its always been an option just never stuck.
Hopefully with a National title on the line it has a little more staying power.
Fishmaxx is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #9
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Folsom
Posts: 1,867
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

This trail class sounds interesting. Team LERK here in northern ca is doing something that sounds similar. Hopethis turns out.
Curcal is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
5th D Owner/Driver
 
cboggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Trail class is stupid. If you guys want to drive a scale truck go to a scale comp or Scale Nationals, it has no place in the comp crawler Nationals. Unless I see more specifics on what this Trail class is, which sounds like a SCX10 car, leave it to the scale comps.
cboggs is online now  
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Unless I see more specifics on what this Trail class is
Until you do chill out, and if you still don't like it, don't participate in the class, easy enough.
ROWDY RACING is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
5th D Owner/Driver
 
cboggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Posts: 1,916
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Until you do chill out, and if you still don't like it, don't participate in the class, easy enough.
I should have worded it a bit differently, I just don't want the trail class to be anything scale. If it is a comp crawler built with say a rail chassis and scale points don't come into play than thats fine, otherwise I stand behind my opinion that scale rules belong in a scale comp. I'll be waiting to see what the rules of this Trail class is going to be and hope it follows in line with a comp crawler. I just hate to hear news of killing off comp classes. You can bet there won't be 25+ Supers, never has been that many, so say good by to that class. Just make sure its replaced by something worthy of what is being axed and stays as some sort of comp crawler and not a scaler. Chilling out now.
cboggs is online now  
Old 02-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I should have worded it a bit differently, I just don't want the trail class to be anything scale. If it is a comp crawler built with say a rail chassis and scale points don't come into play than thats fine, otherwise I stand behind my opinion that scale rules belong in a scale comp. I'll be waiting to see what the rules of this Trail class is going to be and hope it follows in line with a comp crawler. I just hate to hear news of killing off comp classes. You can bet there won't be 25+ Supers, never has been that many, so say good by to that class. Just make sure its replaced by something worthy of what is being axed and stays as some sort of comp crawler and not a scaler. Chilling out now.
Same driving rules as comp, NO scale points, think scalish.

There have been G6's and poker runs at big comps and Nats for a couple years now and it has not been a bad thing.
ROWDY RACING is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: here
Posts: 3,028
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

We offered this "trail class" up to our scale guys & gals @ our next WCRCC comp 3-1-14. We'll see if any are on board with scale comps. Not my thing but if scale guys want this and manpower shows up I'm game. From what I recall scale guys didn't like comp scoring.

Last edited by tapped-out; 02-08-2014 at 10:38 PM.
tapped-out is offline  
Old 02-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 789
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

I would seriously hate to see the super class go away and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. Like Chris said I don't think there has ever been more than 20 drivers at a national event. I personally enjoy driving supers the most out of the other classes. But I think it's pretty unrealistic to think we are going to have a minimum of 25 drivers for super class.
The fact is that supers are a little more expensive to build and most of the parts or a lot of the parts are custom. But it's an investment that I decided to make because I enjoy running the class.
I think it would be nice to see rc4wd come out with a new super bully 2 axle. I'm sure it would be something that's an affordable axle and get more people interested in building a super.
But with a statement saying the class might be going away isn't helping drive the class. That's only driving interest away. Anyways that's my .2cents.
Diamond D is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #16
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond D View Post
I would seriously hate to see the super class go away and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. Like Chris said I don't think there has ever been more than 20 drivers at a national event. I personally enjoy driving supers the most out of the other classes. But I think it's pretty unrealistic to think we are going to have a minimum of 25 drivers for super class.
The fact is that supers are a little more expensive to build and most of the parts or a lot of the parts are custom. But it's an investment that I decided to make because I enjoy running the class.
I think it would be nice to see rc4wd come out with a new super bully 2 axle. I'm sure it would be something that's an affordable axle and get more people interested in building a super.
But with a statement saying the class might be going away isn't helping drive the class. That's only driving interest away. Anyways that's my .2cents.
Awesome speach Dave. Completely agreed!
Zarizi Tech is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the Dark Edges of your Mind
Posts: 6,386
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

On the Trail Class, think of it like this. Imagine there is no such thing as Rock Crawlers. All of a sudden the big manufacturers come out with the rock crawlers that are on the market NOW. A group of people get together and make some BASIC rules for the trucks and some rules for courses very much like we have now. Then they start competing those trucks. A few creative legal modifications ensue, and you have a bunch MORE people having fun because they can be competitive with a truck they just walked out of Hobby Town with after tinkering for a few hours.

Simple, competitive, and fun....and no plastic coolers, tiny little fishing poles or fake plastic puppies.
Harvo is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #18
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: North GA
Posts: 824
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
On the Trail Class, think of it like this. Imagine there is no such thing as Rock Crawlers. All of a sudden the big manufacturers come out with the rock crawlers that are on the market NOW. A group of people get together and make some BASIC rules for the trucks and some rules for courses very much like we have now. Then they start competing those trucks. A few creative legal modifications ensue, and you have a bunch MORE people having fun because they can be competitive with a truck they just walked out of Hobby Town with after tinkering for a few hours.

Simple, competitive, and fun....and no plastic coolers, tiny little fishing poles or fake plastic puppies.
That's how I'm seeing it too. Getting people that may be watching from the sidelines into the events. I know there are plenty of people (even just on the local scene) that have scale type vehicles that with maybe a little or no modifications could then participate and grow the hobby. It seems clear that the hobby is moving towards the more "realistic" vehicles and not including them would be foolish IMO. It almost seems to have come full circle since the TLT's first came onto the scene ~8 years ago, deja vu...
Destroyer is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: .
Posts: 7,967
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Trying to get the OG comp rig look back, lots have left because comp rigs don't look like trucks.

I can see both sides of this coin, don't judge a book by its cover, lets see the real personality of this class before tearing it apart.
ROWDY RACING is offline  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: 2014 Nationals & Season Class Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I can see both sides of this coin, don't judge a book by its cover, lets see the real personality of this class before tearing it apart.
Yeah, but let's not count off any other class because of it.
Zarizi Tech is offline  
 



2014 Nationals & Season Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nor-CalRCRC 2013/2014 season gunnar Competition Results 8 06-02-2014 01:51 PM
G.V.C.C. comp season 2013-2014 rtousley Colorado 12 03-26-2014 05:22 PM
2014 Season Club Meeting Harley Missouri 55 02-21-2014 07:55 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com