Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > RC Rock Crawling Worlds > Past Events

Notices

Thread: 2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds

Got the last room! Flights, room and car all booked! I will be there a little early so if I can help out in anyway I will! BTW I hear Ketchup chips are a form of currency at these events! How many bags should I bring?

Last edited by mammoth; 08-05-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #102
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Hey Fish,

Would you please enable the feature in EventBrite that posts a list of attendees (and who they want to finish in front of) so we can see who is going?

Cheers,

J
Old 08-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #103
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Hey Fish,

Would you please enable the feature in EventBrite that posts a list of attendees (and who they want to finish in front of) so we can see who is going?

Cheers,

J
Yes please?
Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Top secret info bros.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Don't want to spoil the surprise!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

I feel a veil of secrecy about this year.

How many attendees (drivers)?

How many judges? Now that the tickets are open to the general population, I can only assume that there will be no more volunteers for judging. The 2.2P entry ticket helped to secure judges.

3 courses would be a travesty - our local comps have 4 plus a finals.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Does that mean all you dude are going to judge with me?

Awesome! I'll glad ya'll stepped up to help.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Fish,

Cheers,

J
Something is jacked up. Apparently when you copy a previous event you inherent some settings. Only some info is displaying and the 2012 TCS ECC text in the upper left corner wont go away. Some Japanese drivers are also missing
Old 08-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Roadway is sold out, where are others staying?
Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Kev View Post
How many judges? Now that the tickets are open to the general population, I can only assume that there will be no more volunteers for judging. The 2.2P entry ticket helped to secure judges.

3 courses would be a travesty - our local comps have 4 plus a finals.
Agreed

The community wanted tickets opened up, so now they are open. Now the community will have to deal with what comes with it.

There will be enough gate markers to build 10x 10xgate courses on site, and I will be there all day 4x days straight. Beyond that its all about the number of Judges.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #111
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Something is jacked up. Apparently when you copy a previous event you inherent some settings. Only some info is displaying and the 2012 TCS ECC text in the upper left corner wont go away. Some Japanese drivers are also missing
I take that as a no. At least a partial list would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Agreed

The community wanted tickets opened up, so now they are open. Now the community will have to deal with what comes with it.

There will be enough gate markers to build 10x 10xgate courses on site, and I will be there all day 4x days straight. Beyond that its all about the number of Judges.
The wave of volunteer judges had come and gone. Only a few more would have trickle in over time if any. The incredibly short (5?) wait list was another indicator that interest had peaked and then waned. Exclusivity was no longer accomplishing the goal of motivating people to attend. That's why I think it was a good idea to change tactics and be more inclusive. Like all other qualifiers this year the nationals organizers have found themselves in the position of being beggars rather than choosers. At some point the interest of the sponsors needed to be taken into consideration and having 30 guys that earned the right to compete mixed in with 15 guys that just decided to go is better than just having the 30 guys that earned the right to be there. I'd be willing to bet money that some guys that didn't "earn" the right to attend do better than some that earned the right.

I do agree that event attendance has an air of secrecy about it.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

The wave of volunteer judges had come and gone. Only a few more would have trickle in over time if any. The incredibly short (5?) wait list was another indicator that interest had peaked and then waned. Exclusivity was no longer accomplishing the goal of motivating people to attend. That's why I think it was a good idea to change tactics and be more inclusive. Like all other qualifiers this year the nationals organizers have found themselves in the position of being beggars rather than choosers. At some point the interest of the sponsors needed to be taken into consideration and having 30 guys that earned the right to compete mixed in with 15 guys that just decided to go is better than just having the 30 guys that earned the right to be there. I'd be willing to bet money that some guys that didn't "earn" the right to attend do better than some that earned the right.

I have no idea what you just said, or if its a comment or suggestion.

I do know if you go to eventbrite there is a list thats incomplete, but its better than nothing.

JRH has already stated he will open up Nationals in 2015.

If invites are no longer needed to attend Nationals then recruiting judges will be challenging to say the least. At this point next year is not really my concern.

Jslick, BCBrian, and I are committed to making this year the best that it can be given the circumstances.

We have is a beautiful location, national media, lots of local activities, and an awesome list of sponsors. Still for some reason people want to focus on the past. The RC community has a huge opportunity staring it in the face, but still has members that want point out my flaws every chance they get. A new chart or thread detailing it might be useful.

I am out after this event....if people want to not step up or support this event because I am still in charge fine, but the people being punished are the drivers in attendance not me.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 08-05-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Fish, myself and buddy will be there on Wednesday and we can/will help any way you need. Can't wait!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Roadway is sold out, where are others staying?
I just checked the best western west Greenwich has a room or 2 left. That's where I'm staying. Looks to be about a 15-20 min drive to the comp.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:

Dude? Don't over analyze. It's kind of a downer. Like the great ghetto philosopher said (it be what it do). Lets go run some trucks ight.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiking1 View Post
Fish, myself and buddy will be there on Wednesday and we can/will help any way you need. Can't wait!!!
Thanks man!

I land in Providence airport around 12. Not 100% sure of my method of travel in to town, but I will track you down once I get in.

Send me your number in a PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #117
RCC Addict

I will probably be down there on Wednesday sometime in the afternoon.

As for the hotel there are still some rooms available with one king bed but there are no more rooms with two queen beds.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

I'll be leaving to come up Thursday after work, see you all then. My personal feelings is if you don't like something be proactive and do something about it. I choose to be involved and help out because it is the right thing to do. I do it for the other drivers because I remember others stepping up to help me. That is what keeps me crawling.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:18 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiking1 View Post
I just checked the best western west Greenwich has a room or 2 left. That's where I'm staying. Looks to be about a 15-20 min drive to the comp.
Cool thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
As for the hotel there are still some rooms available with one king bed but there are no more rooms with two queen beds.
Sorry I should have specified that they were sold out of rooms with 2 beds, "it be what it do" would not have been an aceptable answer to Kbrog if I told him we had to share a bed.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #120
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Dude? Don't over analyze. It's kind of a downer. Like the great ghetto philosopher said (it be what it do). Lets go run some trucks ight.
That's my opinion based on my observations. Sorry if you feel I think too much. It's my nature (and my job). Yes it's a downer but sometimes reality is not all roses. I'd rather understand a smelly reality than believe in a rosy dream. It be what it do fur shur and I'll be there. Just calling a spade a spade.

I am looking forward to 3-4 days crawling with y'all on that wicked rock. I'll have 14 packs ready each day and am bringing a bunch of tires.

Crawl on!

J

2014 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Worlds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sponsor List for 2014 Holmes Hobbies Worlds BC-Brian Past Events 56 09-07-2014 09:23 AM
2013 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Nationals Schedule Szczerba Past Events 0 09-05-2013 08:12 PM
Holmes Hobbies USRCCA Nationals 2012 -- 2.2s finals (Top5) nicodrive01 Videos! 8 09-13-2012 07:46 PM
2012 Holmes Hobbies USRCCA RC Crawler Nationals Fishmaxx Past Events 114 09-08-2012 03:53 AM