Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: NO front dig for Novice Class?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #1

Default NO front dig for Novice Class?

I was thinking about attending the West Coast Championships... until I read the rules for the Novice Class. It states that if the front dig is used there will be a 50 pt penalty assesed. I'll be comin' from Colorado and would like clarification on this. Honestly, doesn't sound fun to me. Just because I'm not "pro", shouldn't mean that I can't use my equiptment. Can someone explain?

Thanx, B...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

The novice class is for guys who are just starting out that do not have rigs with all the bells and whistles. Therefore, it was decided that dig would not be allowed in the novice class. You can run your rig without using your dig as a few guys at our club do, or sign up for pro and use your dig all you want.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
The novice class is for guys who are just starting out that do not have rigs with all the bells and whistles. Therefore, it was decided that dig would not be allowed in the novice class. You can run your rig without using your dig as a few guys at our club do, or sign up for pro and use your dig all you want.
I applaud this. I think it's a great idea.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Rock Crawlers of Atlanta has a LIMITED class

USRCCA 2.2 Rules + No dig= LIMITED
Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #5

I appreciate the info... not only do I understand, but yet agree with those rules, makes sense. I just didn't realize that I could sign up for pro. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Hey

Carolina Rock Runners has a 2.2 Sport class. This class requires single motor and no dig rigs. Also Sport runs the same first 2 courses as comp but they get 100 points before they point out. Also their two course score determines the starting order of the final course, but their scores are reset.

This has worked out extremely well.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I Signed Up For Novice But Was Unaware Of This Rule.are The Coarses Set Up With This In Mind Or Do You Start With Even More Of A Disadvantage?
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Billy goat, the courses are set up with this in mind.

We have been running a novice series for a little over a year now, and because of this class our attendance at events has gone up greatly. No matter who you are, everyone has a little competitiveness in them. Its just not much fun to go to the races or comps and always get beat by better rigs and more $.
Our novice class has had 5 different winners in 6 events. The class is always fun and competitive. Once a driver has had 5 podiums or 3 first place finishes he/she is automatically bumped to the pro class.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Thanks Dude . Yeah I Was A Little Overwelmed At Wccc. It Was Lots Of Fun But A Little Over My Head For My First Comp. I Signed Up Under Novice And Ill Stay There. Do I Need To Remove The Dig From My Rig Or Just Disable It? Thanks Again.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
Thanks Dude . Yeah I Was A Little Overwelmed At Wccc. It Was Lots Of Fun But A Little Over My Head For My First Comp. I Signed Up Under Novice And Ill Stay There. Do I Need To Remove The Dig From My Rig Or Just Disable It? Thanks Again.

B.G.--- From what I read, it says 50 pts wll be assesed if you are CAUGHT using it. Someone please correct if I am wrong.... Thanx
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #11
RCC Addict

You can either disable it or just not use it. Like 646620said, it's if you get caught. I wouldn't risk it though, the BPRCA judges have eagle eyes.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
You can either disable it or just not use it. Like 646620said, it's if you get caught. I wouldn't risk it though, the BPRCA judges have eagle eyes.
except for me! parker seemed to defunk one of mine.see one eye.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
RCC Addict

how do I switch from novice to pro class?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
Who's your Daddy-0!

I think this is a GREAT new class! I was fussing all day at the 2008 ECC about this. I had a great comp rig but my dig was back ordered from VF. As I watched Fish set up the 2.2 courses JIA made the mistake of saying "If someone has DIG they can clear that easy" Thats when the gates got real small and the turns got SHARP! They went back and re did all 3 courses with DIG in mind.....Needless to say the 70% of us without DIG didn't do so well. Good job guys on the new class!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
how do I switch from novice to pro class?
Just send me a pm, if your for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I think this is a GREAT new class! I was fussing all day at the 2008 ECC about this. I had a great comp rig but my dig was back ordered from VF. As I watched Fish set up the 2.2 courses JIA made the mistake of saying "If someone has DIG they can clear that easy" Thats when the gates got real small and the turns got SHARP! They went back and re did all 3 courses with DIG in mind.....Needless to say the 70% of us without DIG didn't do so well. Good job guys on the new class!!!!
Thanks, the class has been a big hit.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Wow, I have been suggesting this for awhile and got nothing but crap about it.