Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2009 - 2.2 Midwest Indoor Rock Crawling Challange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Arrow 2009 - 2.2 Midwest Indoor Rock Crawling Challange - March 14th, 2009

Well it's that time of the year again.

Registration is open, get your tickets here-- http://2009midwestchallange.eventbrite.com/

The 2009
Axial Midwest 2.2 Indoor Challenge - March 14th, 2009 - Omaha Nebraska

Event Platinum Course Sponsors
Tekin Racing, MaxAmps, DNA RC & Hitec

Gold Sponsors -
ProLine Racing, Hobbico, Fast Lane Machine - FLM, Death Metal Garage - DMG, Kamikaze Customs, DinkyRC.com, The Eye - TAG Chassis, Holmes Hobbies

GREAT PRIZE DRAWINGS FOR COMPETITORS (verbally committed prizes):
Axial Kits, Hitec Servos, MaxAmps Lipo Packs, DNA Dig units, DNA 1.9" wheels, DNA wheel sets, Tekin Crawler ESC/Motor combos, 10 - FLM SPV2 Chassis, Hobbico Servos, Futaba Electrics, ProLine Crawler tires and crawler products, Death Metal Garage Chassis, 6 full sets of Panther Tires, full Kamikaze Customs chassis kits, DinkRC MRC Tube Chassis, RC4WD Wheels, tires sets, and shocks, The Eye's Tag Chassis, Holmes Hobbies products... just to name a few great prizes.

EDITED - 1-6-08 - NOTE the event has been moved to March 14th to allow for Jason and Team to provide Live Event coverage.

The 2008 Midwest 2.2 Indoor Challenge was touted the best indoor comp yet, however due to the growing need for larger facilities, Omaha, Nebraska has become the new site for this year's 2009 Axial Midwest 2.2 Indoor Challenge hosted by the NSCA (Nebraska Scale Crawlers Association).

This year we have the HUGE indoor Hobby Town Hobby Plex facility (www.hobbyplexraceway.com ) which hosts national level events up to 300 competitors. The HobbyPlex is complete with everything needed for our exponentially growing crawling competition, so if all goes well perhaps more and larger events will follow. Lodging and food is all near by with hundreds of hotels and restaurants within minutes of the facility.

As a result of our expanded space, we will expand the previous 75 entrants to a total of 100 competitors between Amateur and Pro classes and provide non-stop crawling via a Free Crawl format.

The carpet track barriers get pulled up and we will start building. We will be bringing in truckloads of rock and do out best to convert the indoor carpet track to a minimum of three brutal rock crawling courses from hell that will definitely test both rig and driver to the max. Some of the KCRC club members are even helping out to assure consistency from last year to this year and have definitely provided some valuable guidance from lessons learned previously.

It should be noted that Harley (Josh) from KCRC has been a huge help so far. One of the event challenges last year was the lack of funding which actually put KCRC financially in the hole last year. This of course makes it tough to continue to host and expand these events and competitions. We know the $50 entry fee this year is a long jump up from $25 last year, however I am sure everyone understands the costs for an event like this are significant and these cost must be covered.

Top Three in Pro and Amateur classes are guaranteed prizes. All competitors will receive 2.2 Crawler Challenge T-Shirts.

Sponsors interested in sponsoring the event and/or donating product for the event can reach me on RCCrawler.com @ StampedeProject

Axial 2.2 Midwest Indoor Challenge

General

• When - March 14th, 2009 - 7AM
  • Where
    • HobbyTown USA HobbyPlex
    • 10020 Scott Cir
    • Omaha, NE 68122
    • 402-498-8888
  • This is a 2.2 USRCCA rules based crawler competition.
    • YOUR RIG WILL NEED TO PASS TECH TO COMPETE.
    • IF YOU CANNOT MAKE YOUR RIG ABLE TO PASS TECH BY THE END OF TECH YOU WILL FORFIT AND WILL LOOSE YOUR ENTRY FEE.
    • PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE HAND. Please see http://usrcca.com/ for rules.
    • General requirments are a MAXIUM of 12.5" wheelbase (center axle to center axle) and 12.5" width read all the rules to assure you are compliant.
  • Lodging
    • The Holiday Inn express that is across the street gave us a huge discount, and was very easy to deal with. All you have to do is call and ask for the Hobbytown rate. Its $75.99 a night in a very nice and new hotel with a pool, breakfast etc... Its also outside city limits so the taxes are about half of other places. Phone (402) 505-8181
    • Due to the early morning start time of 7AM we are recommending that you come in on Friday evening.
  • Transportation - The Taxi service is minimal but exists in Omaha. Expect a $30 cab ride to the HobbyTown. You may just want to rent a car.
  • Omaha Orientation
    • About 95+% of Omaha's streets run North to South or East to West.
    • Numbered streets run North to South
    • Named streets run East to West
    • Dodge Street splits Omaha North to South
    • 84th street splits Omaha East to West
    • HobbyTown is in the far upper North West portion of Omaha
    • We have two HobbyTowns. YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE ONE IN PAPPILION OR LA VISTA.

Key Contacts
  • Sponsorship, Marketing, Sales - Tony Arnold - stampedeproject
    • I will have my BlackBerry on me at all times the 48 hours before the event. If you need a call back drop me your email.
    • If you contact me for directions you will be DQ'ed... Google Maps exists for a reason.
  • Course & Rig Specs - Tom Snider - RCCrawler PM - sniders1975
  • I'm Lost... Vector me in - Call HobbyTown or the Holiday Inn

Spectator & Non-Competitor Events/Activities
  • Vendors & HobbyTown will be offering event day special pricing on select products
  • Weather permitting, have fun on our
    • Outdoor rock course.
    • Enter your Rock Racer in the Rock Racer Comp on the modified up outdoor buggy track.
    • Post comp free crawl.

Competitors
  • Drivers Meeting at 7AM - DO NOT MISS THIS.
  • Check in starts at 7AM Saturday Morning.
  • Competitor Event Schedule - Drivers Meeting 7AM => Check In => Get a Pit => Pass Tech => Start Crawling.
  • Free crawl format - Line up and start crawling.
  • The plan is to have five courses total comprised of man made and natural materials.
  • USRCCA Judging and Rules will be enforced. Please see http://usrcca.com/ for rules.
  • A couple fast food resturants are close by. A plethora of resturants are within 10 minutes from the HobbyPlex. Pay as you go pop cooler on site for drinks. FYI the y don't have Diet Coke products.

Judges/Scorekeepers
  • Please be on site at or before 7AM
  • We will try to have our Judge and Scorekeepers meeting on Friday, however if everyone isn't in it will be Saturday after the Drivers Meeting.
  • For those Judges and Scorekeepers that have already paid, please see Tony Arnold (AKA StampedeProject) for a refund.
  • Judges and Scorekeepers will run the course after everyone else has finished.
  • Your lunch, pop, and water will be provided for you on Saturday.

Sponsors
  • ALL PLATINIUM AND GOLD SPONSORSHIP FEES ARE NOW DUE - If you have not sent your sponsorship fee yet please do so immediately.
  • Reminder - Only Paid Gold and Platinum Sponsors ($50 and up) will appear on the shirt this year.
    • If you want your logo or RC handle on the shirt please contact Tony Arnold immediately and have at least $50 handy.
  • You will be able to set up your booth on Friday
  • The HobbyPlex indoor arena is secure, however you may not want to leave products un-attended on Friday as the store will be open to the public until close of business.
  • 10'x10' Pop up booths are welcome at this indoor event.
  • Banquet tables will be provided for Platinum & $100+ Gold sponsors who have paid for the display option.
  • Any event day sales of your products should be made through the HobbyTown HobbyPlex please.
  • Please bring any banners, stickers, products, or additional giveaways which you have not already sent to Tony Arnold

TICKET TRANSFERS
Tickets are non-refundable as of the end of January but they are transferable. If someone has a ticket that they don't want and there is someone who can use or wants that ticket, both parties are more than welcome to work that out with out telling me. Once both parties satisfied with the arrangement/payment, the original owner should email the new owner their original EventBrite Ticket.

I would prefer if the original owner and New owner CC me on a PM to let me know what's going on.

We will work out ticket changes the day of the event.

All we need is ONE valid ticket per entrant. If two people show up with the same ticket # you guys can duke it out in the parking lot and the loser gets to watch the competition.

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 03-12-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: You forgot me!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Old guy

Team Avery will be there.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

$50.00 is pretty steep! But I'm going to try and attend.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
$50.00 is pretty steep! But I'm going to try and attend.
Sorry about the cost guys... Josh (AKA Harley) and I had a lengthy discussion on the cost and the net was that $25 was WAY to low to cover all the costs of an indoor event. These indoor comps get expensive with venue costs and having to fabricate courses vs. hosting the comps at a natural outdoor rock course. HobbyTown is giving up a full week of racing events just to allow the setup of this event. The upside is the HobbyTown Hobby Plex is one of the nicest facilities in the central US for this type of event and if all goes well with this one we may be able to host more than one even per year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I hope theres still a spot left for me. I have to work all day Fri. and wont have access to a computer.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I understand and don't want anyone to go in the hole. At the same time w/ the economy the way it is, $50.00 for a single day event is high.

I understand the expense and plan to send payment when sign up in opened.

Good luck!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
MODERHATER™

In! This sounds cool!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

OK guys,

Based on some PM's so far I will open up the registration on Thursday at 6PM. Seems a lot of you are working away from an internet connection on Friday.

Tickets go on sale as of 6PM Thursday Night. The $50 includes the EventBrite Fee we are charged per signup.

http://2009midwestchallange.eventbrite.com/

Last edited by stampedeproject; 01-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
tjb
Rock Crawler

So IN! going to be a great time!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for changing that up.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

We will do our best to make this a first class event for everyone! & I really appreciate all the help from the KC guys, You guys made this a wonderful event & we will do our best to keep it that way!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
20K Club

Hope you guys sell this thing out quick

Looking forward to helping out.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Hope you guys sell this thing out quick

Looking forward to helping out.
Josh - Can't thank you enough for all the pointers so far... and I am sure to come.

PS - Been dieing to use that image for something.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #14
Donkey Punch Champion!

...sounds like a bunch of RC Fags.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
Moderator Rule Breaker

Hotel info ?

Also there going to be a pay out ?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I will see if I can get a special Rate, however these days should be able to do pretty well as the travel industry is starving. I did a quick search on Expedia and looks like rooms are running from $50 -$100 per night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8...e-results&cd=2

Give a range here guys. I know everyone's pain tolerance is different on hotel costs.

Prizes will be dependent on the sponsor generosity and if we sell out all the slots.

ZORLAC - Death Metal Garage just donated one of his stunningly gorgeous chassis so that will definitely be one of the prizes.

Last edited by stampedeproject; 01-05-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedeproject View Post
I will see if I can get a special Rate, however these days should be able to do pretty well as the travel industry is starving. I did a quick search on Expedia and looks like rooms are running from $50 -$100 per night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8...e-results&cd=2

Give a range here guys. I know everyone's pain tolerance is different on hotel costs.

Prizes will be dependent on the sponsor generosity and if we sell out all the slots.

ZORLAC - Death Metal Garage just donated one of his stunningly gorgeous chassis so that will definitely be one of the prizes.
The cheaper the better on the hotel rooms.I would try get a discount at one the hotels close by.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #18

[FONT=Times-Roman][SIZE=5][FONT=Times-Roman][SIZE=5][LEFT]Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn is across the street, and is only 75.99 a night. Just ask for the Hobbytown rate.

Holiday Inn (402) 505-8181

EconoLodge (402) 391-7100
Super 8 (402) 492-8845
LaQuinta Inn (402) 493-1900
Comfort Suites (402) 445-0400

Last edited by froboy; 01-07-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Havent decided if Ill make it or not but Ill send an AX10 BTA
Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Havent decided if Ill make it or not but Ill send an AX10 BTA

I have every intention of attending this event.