Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Sport Class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
MODERHATER™

Default Sport Class

This thread is a feeler to see how much interest there is in a Sport Class at Rocas Rojo Numero Dos.

The defination of Sport class for this comp will be using all 2.2 rules, but no MOA, no dig.

Post up if you would like to run!

Last edited by 666; 05-04-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Old guy

Will this be a shafty no dig class.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If its a No Dig - No MOA - No Losi Class the answer is YES
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
If its a No Dig - No MOA - No Losi Class the answer is YES
Couldn't agree more. With Losi's coming along strong and their team getting them very competitive with Bergs...time for the losi to be excluded.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

It'll be a no dig class, no moa class, not sure why you'd ban a losi as long as they had their dig locked out.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
It'll be a no dig class, no moa class, not sure why you'd ban a losi as long as they had their dig locked out.

I can turn my dig off on my Berg also. Losi trucks are almost as capable as Berg's. Major Comp results speak for themselves. Berg and Losi are the only thing in the TOP 25.

If I am going dust off AX10 or TLT , and drag it half way across the country it won't be to run against Losi Comp Crawlers. I can do that in 2.2 Comp class

666 ask if there was interest, and I just replied how I would be interested
Old 05-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
I can turn my dig off on my Berg also. Losi trucks are almost as capable as Berg's. Major Comp results speak for themselves. Berg and Losi are the only thing in the TOP 25.
Yes, but as I know that you are aware a Losi has a mechanical link between the front axle, tranny, and rear axle. It is a shafty through and through. It does well against the bergs because it has front and rear dig. Have you tried driving a losi and not using the dig at all?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
MODERHATER™

We let Losi's w/out dig run in our local Sport class, and I don't see any reason why they can't at this comp, I really don't see much of an advantage of them vs. the Axial's that run with them.

I guess I should rephrase my definition of the 2.2 Sport class, same as most all 2.2 rules, but no dig, no MOA. That is what the rules say right?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #9

I will be down for a simpltins class.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
It (Losi) does well against the bergs because it has front and rear dig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I really don't see much of an advantage of them vs. the Axial's that run with them.

So following that logic if AX10's had Front and Rear dig they would still be competitive with Bergs
Old 05-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:

So following that logic if AX10's had Front and Rear dig they would still be competitive with Bergs
Its funny that you are on the rules committee and you are whining about the rules,.

Here are the rules if you have any questions PM yourself.

2.5 – Sportsman Class (Optional): o 2.5.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.
o 2.5.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
o 2.5.3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified, provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted, no exterior component of the wheel, including but not limited to, the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.55". Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.
o 2.5.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only. o 2.5.5 - 2.2 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3"
overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
o 2.5.6 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2 channels may be used to control the vehicle.
o 2.5.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only. o 2.5.8 - (OPTIONAL) Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Its funny that you are on the rules committee and you are whining about the rules,.

2.5 – Sportsman Class (Optional): o 2.5.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.
o 2.5.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
o 2.5.3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified, provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted, no exterior component of the wheel, including but not limited to, the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.55". Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.
o 2.5.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only. o 2.5.5 - 2.2 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3"
overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
o 2.5.6 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2 channels may be used to control the vehicle.
o 2.5.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only. o 2.5.8 - (OPTIONAL) Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles
:r azz: I love it !!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I read the rules...have you?

No MOA is not in the rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
2.2 Sport class, same as most all 2.2 rules, but no dig, no MOA. That is what the rules say right?
Everyone seems to automatically assume it is.

Single Motor is an OPTION

If you re-read the ENTIRE thread you will see I just stated I would interested if it was more of an "OLD SCHOOL" class. Then others proceeded to tell me my opinion was wrong. SC was setup as a "gateway class" for local clubs to use, so IMHO Sportsman Class at a National Level Comp is a waste of time . I am sorry but running a 2 year old truck against Jay, Jake, and Nabil's Comp trucks with disconnected digs just doesn't excite me. If thats what you call whining ...then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
:r azz: I love it !!

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 05-04-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
MODERHATER™

I am soooo glad this turned into a rules debate.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
no talent hack

hmmmm if it happens can a driver run both pro and sportsman? or is it either or?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
hmmmm if it happens can a driver run both pro and sportsman? or is it either or?
If one was so inclined yes you can run both.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
if one was so inclined yes you can run both.
hmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #18
no talent hack

Quote:
If one was so inclined yes you can run both.
i think i might have to order up a night crawler then that way fish has nothing to complain about
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
i think i might have to order up a night crawler then that way fish has nothing to complain about

Cool that way you don't break Rule 3.7
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
no talent hack

Quote:
Cool that way you don't break Rule 3.7
i dont even know what that is but im assuming it has something to do with running 2 classes with the same truck?