Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Congrats to the Driver's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Relaxed !

Default Congrats to the Driver's

even though we could'nt be there we were still on edge as we texted friends who were there!

Congrats to the guy's and gal's who drove it out to the end!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
BTF
RCC Addict

It was a great event !!! Had to head home thismorring so Missed super and 1.9. Still got 8 more hrs of driving. Congrats to mike on the 2.2 win.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

It was a great event and some great driving. Congrats Rubba on the Overall!! Oh, Hold on... RULE CHANGE

Last edited by Fattymojo; 07-19-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
It was a great even and some great driving. Congrats Rubba on the Overall!! Oh, Hold on... RULE CHANGE
So... for those that missed it. Who won?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
So... for those that missed it. Who won?
Super Dave(bad with names i think this is right)
Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Super Dave(bad with names i think this is right)
His name here now is "SDS Customs"...
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
TEAM RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
His name here now is "SDS Customs"...
Supper Dave won the over-all and Mike "Rockshow" took the 2.2 win. Great driving guys.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrofts View Post
Supper Dave won the over-all and Mike "Rockshow" took the 2.2 win.
Right on!! Congrats Mike and John!!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #9

Who won with the supers then?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
RCC Addict

A big congratz to all the drivers for 2 days of driving in some of the hottest conditions they have probably faced ever.

Spectacular efforts to get into the top 5 of all classes.
These top finishers really did a fantastic job on courses that tested skill of the driver, condition of the rig and stamina of both.
Many parts broke on many rigs both days.

Excellent job and congratulations to the top 5 in each class and to the overall top 5 as well. WELL DONE DRIVERS!

To everyone who participated, thanks for coming, I really hope you enjoyed and I hope you will come again. (maybe it won't be this hot next time)

JC
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
"HOLLYWOOD"

Congrats to Magic Mike Rockshow lolololol and Super Dave big ups to team TCS, T1E, and VP.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

You won it in my eyes Rubba , I was gonna post up and say more about this but after thinking about it I don't know what good would come of it. Either way the overall should've been yours. I thought you handled that disappointment extremely well, better than I would have. Your a top notch man and represent this hobby as one of the best. Keep up the good work and attitude, I hope this doesn't discourage you in any way. You may not have the trophy but we all know

Quote:
It was a great event and some great driving. Congrats Rubba on the Overall!! Oh, Hold on... RULE CHANGE
Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
You won it in my eyes Rubba , I was gonna post up and say more about this but after thinking about it I don't know what good would come of it. Either way the overall should've been yours. I thought you handled that disappointment extremely well, better than I would have. Your a top notch man and represent this hobby as one of the best. Keep up the good work and attitude, I hope this doesn't discourage you in any way. You may not have the trophy but we all know
Well said James
Old 07-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
what happened?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #15
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Quote:
And in come the shit talkers that don't know the facts...
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well said James
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol' gravy leg View Post
what happened?
Interestingly enough this was discussed BEFORE the event in Rules Committee. Several drivers had contacted me how this would be handled at Nationals, so I brought it up in committee. I felt it was important to KNOW going into the event EXACTLY how this would be determined.

We did not come to a conclusuion for Nationals yet, but the 2x most popular were Rank based & Combined Scores.

Total Score of ALL SCORES Combined

SDS -21(1.9) + 36(2.2) + 28(SUPER) = 43
JRob -40(1.9) + -33(2.2) + 171(SUPER) = 98

Combined RANK/Finish Place

SDS 5(1.9) + 9((2.2) + 1(SUPER)= 15 Points
JRob 3(1.9) + 4(2.2) +16(SUPER)= 23 Points

On July 17 Jason posted in Rule Committee that this event would be using a Combined Score method. Somethings happened at the event, and they had a meeting that involved ALL the drivers effected. I was told the decision was unanimous.

They decided to use only course scores (NOT FINALS)

I don't know which method of scoring the previous posters were using, but SDS won ALL 3 scoring scenarios by significant margin

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-20-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Interestingly enough this was discussed BEFORE the event in Rules Committee. Several drivers had contacted me how this would be handled at Nationals, so I brought it up in committee. I felt it was important to KNOW going into the event EXACTLY how this would be determined.

We did not come to a conclusuion for Nationals yet, but the 2x most popular were Rank based & Combined Scores.

Total Score of ALL SCORES Combined

Combined RANK/Finish Place

SDS 5(1.9) + 9((2.2) + 1(SUPER)= 15 Points
JRob 3(1.9) + 4(2.2) +16(SUPER)= 23 Points

On July 17 Jason posted in Rule Committee that this event would be using a Combined Score method. Somethings happened at the event, and they had a meeting that involved ALL the drivers effected. I was told the decision was unanimous.

They decided to use only course scores (NOT FINALS)

I don't know which method of scoring the previous posters were using, but SDS won ALL 3 scoring scenarios by significant margin

Well we were under the impression that finals were a part of it, that's where the confusion comes from. But either way, SDS drove very well all weekend in all 3 classes and deserved the overall.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well we were under the impression that finals were a part of it, that's where the confusion comes from. But either way, SDS drove very well all weekend in all 3 classes and deserved the overall.
Total Score of ALL SCORES Combined (INCLUDING FINALS)

The way its was scored SDS had a 54 point lead, and if you count the Finals SDS had a 55 point lead....whats confusing about that?

How did that 1x point difference confuse you?

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #19
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally that was the way it was going to be, but the ALL the drivers in the overall voted to have the finals not count.

Like Fish posted, counting the finals, not counting the finals, or just using finishing position, SDS won all 3 ways.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Total Score of ALL SCORES Combined (INCLUDING FINALS)

The way its was scored SDS had a 54 point lead, and if you count the Finals SDS had a 55 point lead....whats confusing about that?

How did that 1x point difference confuse you?
last thing i'm gonna say is I guarantee most people didn't know about this rule change, rules seem to change alot as the comp goes on i'm learning. So maybe it should've been announced PRIOR, just seems odd that this only came up on Sunday after he had it in the bag and nobody else had a chance. Also take into consideration that Jay still had his super courses to run when the decision was made.....anyone think that might have affected his performance and also his score for supers..........maybe????????? It's kinda hard to drive when you just got screwed.

Again just my opinion, and last thing i have to say about it.