Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (Feb 19-20, 2011)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

oh man,,its this time again...not sure if ill be goin,,still waiting on last years pics from the 2010 MOTORAMA event,,,not sure if i can afford the nut on this..hope i can,,i may just go out for the steaks...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

16 days and one person registered...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I am getting a lot of Sheat from Motorama. The other two RC venues registrations are climbing incrementally each week.

In the past three weeks I have seen two people sign up.

Guys,
Vendors are not going to support this event if there is no participation.

I need to know who is planning on attending and when I can expect your registration.

I understand the holidays are coming up but I need something to go back to Motorama and the Vendors.

Please let me know.

Attending (Anticipated Registration)

Anyone?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Who raised the entry fee?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Please put me down as "anticipated"

2.2 1nd 1.9

I'll know what my schedule is in a few weeks.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
I am getting a lot of Sheat from Motorama. The other two RC venues registrations are climbing incrementally each week.

In the past three weeks I have seen two people sign up.

Guys,
Vendors are not going to support this event if there is no participation.

I need to know who is planning on attending and when I can expect your registration.

I understand the holidays are coming up but I need something to go back to Motorama and the Vendors.

Please let me know.

Attending (Anticipated Registration)

Anyone?
sorry john,,its just a "bigger" nut to crack,,,even with out the holidays around the corner,,its not just the reg fee,,its the hotel,food, and exspenses as well,,i want to go,,but just not sure at this time...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I registered on the 5th, and I know of at least 3 more NC guys that are going to register. I'll post up on our local forum and tell them they need to register or at least let you know they are planning on attending.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCMAN View Post
Please put me down as "anticipated"

2.2 1nd 1.9

I'll know what my schedule is in a few weeks.
Thanks Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
sorry john,,its just a "bigger" nut to crack,,,even with out the holidays around the corner,,its not just the reg fee,,its the hotel,food, and exspenses as well,,i want to go,,but just not sure at this time...
Dez...it will not be the same without you. You know you don't have to eat "STEAK" while there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untchabl View Post
I registered on the 5th, and I know of at least 3 more NC guys that are going to register. I'll post up on our local forum and tell them they need to register or at least let you know they are planning on attending.
Thanks...
Old 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Can you improve the parameters of the event?

For example, can the rocks be brought in a week earlier so that the mud dries?

Will you have more space for courses? (there was a huge are between the two rows of pit tables, it would have been better to have more courses there)(also worry less about the experience for the spectators, if they can see one or two course, that better then nothing because the event does not get enough people attending (and the spectators are fine watching the scale stuff anyways, what do they know?))

I have supported this event since day 1, and would like to see it get better. If you have plans to make it better, please share them with the people here. Maybe more people are interested then?

Last edited by renoirbud; 12-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
Can you improve the parameters of the event?

For example, can the rocks be brought in a week earlier so that the mud dries?

Will you have more space for courses? (there was a huge are between the two rows of pit tables, it would have been better to have more courses there)(also worry less about the experience for the spectators, if they can see one or two course, that better then nothing because the event does not get enough people attending (and the spectators are fine watching the scale stuff anyways, what do they know?))

I have supported this event since day 1, and would like to see it get better. If you have plans to make it better, please share them with the people here. Maybe more people are interested then?
Rene,
I appreciate and respect your input.

As I have said each year, this event is a different venue that if difficult to be specific...

What I can tell you is it will be bigger. We have more rocks being added. We are working on something other than dirt to get the elevations.
The rocks are being powerwashed and placed on a hard surface to minimize the mud factor. Unfortunately, we cannot get the rocks in earlier but if these things are done, we should not have an issue with the mud.

I have one question for each of you...

If I elected to dissolve the Scaler Exhibition section to give more space for the Comp area, would you have issue with that?

As I stated earlier in this thread, Motorama is looking for a spectator event. I am working on things that will help do this.

With my real work starting to wind down, I'll be able to focus more on the details, and keep everyone in the loop.

One final thing, each year these concerns are brought up and each year Motorama get better. Please trust me when I say that it will be bigger and better than ever.

Thanks,
John
Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

John, i am a maybe on this event. You can put me down for SUPER, unfortunately i dont have enough money to "throwaway" for the second class. I Can proly let you know for sure if i'm going to make it or not by mid January.

Don't worry more people will sign up, Its just taking a while because the event is still 2months and some odd days away.

-Lance

Last edited by BansheeManiac; 12-08-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
If I elected to dissolve the Scaler Exhibition section to give more space for the Comp area, would you have issue with that?
I would say dissolve it if it allows for more open area around the courses (and the course rock to be spread out more) for spectators. Just my $0.02

Scale also could be good for spectators though. I was not around it much this past year so I did not notice how many people were there watching the scale itself.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I will be there again this year. Just waiting to get christmas over then will reg.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BansheeManiac View Post
John, i am a maybe on this event. You can put me down for SUPER, unfortunately i dont have enough money to "throwaway" for the second class. I Can proly let you know for sure if i'm going to make it or not by mid January.

Don't worry more people will sign up, Its just taking a while because the event is still 2months and some odd days away.

-Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bronco View Post
I will be there again this year. Just waiting to get christmas over then will reg.
Thanks,
Bryan
It's great to hear guys...Just getting a little worried with no one signing up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
I would say dissolve it if it allows for more open area around the courses (and the course rock to be spread out more) for spectators. Just my $0.02

Scale also could be good for spectators though. I was not around it much this past year so I did not notice how many people were there watching the scale itself.
That is where the fine line is. With giving the spectators a place to test a rig, it definitely got more people there. Especially when we raffled the truck off at the end.

I am thinking that we just have a very small course that only spectators can run. That way, we can line people up around the courses so they can watch while they wait.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
That is where the fine line is. With giving the spectators a place to test a rig, it definitely got more people there. Especially when we raffled the truck off at the end.

I am thinking that we just have a very small course that only spectators can run. That way, we can line people up around the courses so they can watch while they wait.
That sounds like a good plan.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I'll be there John. Will be signing up very shortly.

This is a USRCCA national qualifying event, and the focus should remain there, however there is a lot of interest from the casual onlooker in the scale stuff. It is simply more aesthetically appealing. To the ignorant onlooker a super is a freaky looking thing. I like the idea of keeping it small to make room for the main event, but I don't think it should go away.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Im now officially registered. February is gonna come fast!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:56 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevellian View Post
I'll be there John. Will be signing up very shortly.

This is a USRCCA national qualifying event, and the focus should remain there, however there is a lot of interest from the casual onlooker in the scale stuff. It is simply more aesthetically appealing. To the ignorant onlooker a super is a freaky looking thing. I like the idea of keeping it small to make room for the main event, but I don't think it should go away.

Rob,
Great to hear...and yes, that is that fine line I was referencing. I think if we just have a small "course" and then display some of the incredible scalers that we have, that could draw some attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_tough View Post
Im now officially registered. February is gonna come fast!
February will be here before I know it. Glad you are on board...
Old 12-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

updated the list as of tonight...
Old 12-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
updated the list as of tonight...
I know of two or three more guys that have said they are coming.