Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2011 Motorama U.S. Indoor RC Rockcrawling Challenge (Feb 19-20, 2011)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #461
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
every year we are promised the rocks will be there first thing thursday morning.

we show up at 8 and half the rocks are there, 12-1 the other half show up, we have to leave the building by 10 on thursday night and friday morning all the racers are there setting pits up at 7am, no machinery aloud in building so the rest is hand work.

I believe then plan I outlined above, and discussed with John can be executed on the current timelime. While I don't have as much experience as stacking rocks in a warehouse as Aaron or Rocked up Ricky. I do unfortunately have experience in cleaning up flooded warehouses and basements, building ponds and artificial creek & stream which means I have dealt with lots of dirty rocks, and dirty water.

IMO the #1 thing to do is NOT HAVE THE ROCK SITTING ON DIRT....any clean up will be 10x harder with it present.

I am planning on building some test models to TEST/PROVE/DEMONSTRATE my theories

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 03-06-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 AM   #462
I wanna be Dave

The biggest issue with cleaning the rocks indoors is that we need to take care as to not get mud in the floor drains. In 2010, there was a sizeable charge for cleaning of the drains.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #463
Rock Crawler

Hey John, I am only an hour from the Farmshow complex. If there is anything I can do to help out give me a hollar.

For us crawlers it's all about the rocks, and some clean rocks is all Motorama is missing.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #464
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
I thought all judges had to pass the judges test? I had a scorekeeper and judge discuss if I should get reverse points well my truck was upset down, well the clock was running. If you're not familiar with the rules, you shouldn't be allowed to judge.

Judges test is optional and is only a learning tool. Sorry you had trouble with a judge. But the only thing i can say is - If we actually had more people who knew the rules that would stand up and volunteer to judge, we may not hear about as many mistakes...

Ohh wait, yes we would...we are human and make mistakes and you can't make everyone happy anyway
Old 10-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #465
I wanna be Dave

2012 Motorama Announcement