Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Registration is now open for AWCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #21
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
maybe i am on crack lol
some good points
hope to see you out there Bryce
If I do go, which is looking like a loooooooooooooong shot, they are not getting my money. There will be no "rubber to rock" coming from my wallet.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

You can't have an event without drivers. The LCQ makes sure that it is a full event. There's your trade off.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #23
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
because you get more comp experience, see more of the country, and have more fun by going to the qualifiers.
X2 if I was worried about money I would stay local and attend the LCQ, but I love to travel to all the comps, crawl new rock and meet great people

does anyone realize that theses qualifiers were not put on by Axial? they were put on by clubs, so axial receives no money from the qualifiers like it did last year. Holding a huge comp costs a lot of money, it's not a small GTG like our local comps and requires alot more to put on.

$130 invested in comp entries so far in 4 qualifiers (just bought my LCQ) and I have spent a few grand traveling to these comps. it was well worth the practice and getting to know who I'll be competeing against at the AWCC. I have made great friends along the way, learned a lot, and won't trade any of it for my money back. can't wait, have my $65 ready for finals day, if I make it.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCo Crawlgirl View Post
X2 if I was worried about money I would stay local and attend the LCQ, but I love to travel to all the comps, crawl new rock and meet great people

does anyone realize that theses qualifiers were not put on by Axial? they were put on by clubs, so axial receives no money from the qualifiers like it did last year. Holding a huge comp costs a lot of money, it's not a small GTG like our local comps and requires alot more to put on.

$130 invested in comp entries so far in 4 qualifiers (just bought my LCQ) and I have spent a few grand traveling to these comps. it was well worth the practice and getting to know who I'll be competeing against at the AWCC. I have made great friends along the way, learned a lot, and won't trade any of it for my money back. can't wait, have my $65 ready for finals day, if I make it.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #25
Relaxed !

no matter how ya look at it or how ya figure the math, no qualifier's gave any money to axial, they were local comps that became a qualifier, axial west coast championships is another entity in itself, if you qualified at one of the local qualifier's/comps then you pay $65 for the 2.2 sat event, if you have to LCQ then you pay $25 for the comp and then $40 for the 2.2 sat event totalling $65 dollar's +/- for the eventbrite fee's of course!
all in all if you are to comp there it will cost you a min of $25 for fri and a max of $65 for the event! (if you qualify)
hope this helps for some of the confusion
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

X2 on all of the above replies and the people upset about the costs are forgetting that the money spent at the qualifiers is also for that specific comp. It's not like you get to comp for free and it's not just a qualifier, it's a full comp. Plus at all of those events there are prizes, awards, giveaways and great competition. You can't look at money spent at those comps as just going towards the AWCC. They are also individual comps to compete in and as mentioned above those comps also cost money to be put on. Without all of these people putting in the time and effort to provide this for us none of this would exist and we wouldn't have these awesome comps to give us an excuse to get out and play with our toy trucks. You have to look at the whole big picture, if you do the money spent to compete really isn't much compared to what we spend on these crawlers. And if you were lucky enough to qualify you at least know you're in the final event. Those of us who have to enter the LCQ have to travel to the event and hope we drive good enough to make it in. And some people are taking a chance there because they will be coming from out of state for the event. Even though it costs those of us the same that have to enter the LCQ it's all about the hobby in the end.

Hope this makes sense to some Just remember the big picture and why we all do this and be thankful to those who make this happen year after year.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
Y-Town Crawlers

Good point, I suppose if somebody was concerned about the extra $50+/-, they could just travel to the LCQ and skip the qualifiers... but then they would miss out on some really good comp days.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

The qualifier in Utah was FREE....So all of you mad that you paid to qualify should gear your anger towards the individual qualifier comps and those who put it on not towards axial.

Axial told us we could charge for our qualifier or offer it free...We like having our comps free if at all possible...so we opted to charge nothing!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

ONLY ONE DAY LEFT LOOKS A LITTLE LITE THIS YEAR Can you sign up the day of the comp or when sign up's close that it
Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
ONLY ONE DAY LEFT LOOKS A LITTLE LITE THIS YEAR Can you sign up the day of the comp or when sign up's close that it
Might not need an LCQ.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=Hoppa;3147197]Might not need an LCQ.[/QUOTE
That what i was thinken
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I'm paying when i get there no extra money until payday, which is the day we leave I think there are lots of guys in the same situation.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #33
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Might not need an LCQ.

It would be nice to be able to take Friday and go sight seeing!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I'm i seeing this right only a total of 37sport2.2 and only 37pro2.2 have sign up this total is both lcq and pre q .
Old 06-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #35
RCC Addict

tim that means i might make it in this year damit
Old 06-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan wilson View Post
tim that means i might make it in this year damit
Sould be no problem even for you, get your scaler ready i'm bring my pulling sled
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #37
RCC Addict

dam its like that both are ready and have my class 3 in mock up as we speak wont be done but will bring it too
Old 06-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #38
RCC Addict

pulled over 10lbs up at msd comp
Old 06-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Tim, can't wait to try my hand at pulling that sled with my stock AXIAL HONCHO!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.VERTICAL View Post
I'm i seeing this right only a total of 37sport2.2 and only 37pro2.2 have sign up this total is both lcq and pre q .
Thats what happens when you pull 1.9 and super Goldendale will be the new comp to go to!