Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Registration is now open for AWCC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Registration is now open for AWCC

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR AWCC FINALS
http://awcc2011.eventbrite.com/
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

So it doesn't show on the 2.2 Pro LCQ that it includes a T-shirt?......Does it include a shirt?

I would also assume that if you bump from the 2.2 Pro LCQ that it will be an additional $40 for the 2.2 Pro comp.....same as Sportsman.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

talked to parker he said once you qualify you pay the remaining bal.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Does that also go for people who have already qualified???? If the people who already qualified have to pay $65 more dollars it just doesn't seem right, if the people in the lcq only have to pay the remainder which would be $40 if they make it throgh the lcq. I'm a little confused, A little help understanding would be much appreciated
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Does that also go for people who have already qualified???? If the people who already qualified have to pay $65 more dollars it just doesn't seem right, if the people in the lcq only have to pay the remainder which would be $40 if they make it throgh the lcq. I'm a little confused, A little help understanding would be much appreciated
If you are pre-qualified, you pay $65 and thats it (unless you want an extra shirt or G6 scale entry)

myself, I'm not pre-qualified so i pay $25 now, if i make it past Friday, then i pay remaining bal. $40, for 2.2 pro spot Saturday
plus.......I pay an extra $15 for a t-shirt (that you get for free, for pre-qualifing)

someone correct me if i'm wrong
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Since I won last year in the sport class do I get a free invite/ticket for this year?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
If you are pre-qualified, you pay $65 and thats it (unless you want an extra shirt or G6 scale entry)

myself, I'm not pre-qualified so i pay $25 now, if i make it past Friday, then i pay remaining bal. $40, for 2.2 pro spot Saturday
plus.......I pay an extra $15 for a t-shirt (that you get for free, for pre-qualifing)

someone correct me if i'm wrong
NO thats not right! People who run in the lcq should have to pay $25 for the lcq and $65 for the awcc if we the people who already qualified have to pay $65. If people who have to run in the lcq only have to pay $25 and then $40 what about people who paid $25 at a qualifier and then now we have to pay $65 more Thats $90 and just doesn't seem right. Please someone who knows something let us know because last year I got ripped off at AWCC they said if you run at a qualifier you pay $25 so I did and then I paid for the lcq and they said if you don't make it past the lcq you get your money refunded and I never saw my refund So again I have an envite but until I see that I do have to pay the $65 i'm not signing up yet.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

just paid for my tickets.G6 scale challange
Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
NO thats not right! People who run in the lcq should have to pay $25 for the lcq and $65 for the awcc if we the people who already qualified have to pay $65. If people who have to run in the lcq only have to pay $25 and then $40 what about people who paid $25 at a qualifier and then now we have to pay $65 more Thats $90 and just doesn't seem right. Please someone who knows something let us know because last year I got ripped off at AWCC they said if you run at a qualifier you pay $25 so I did and then I paid for the lcq and they said if you don't make it past the lcq you get your money refunded and I never saw my refund So again I have an envite but until I see that I do have to pay the $65 i'm not signing up yet.
Last year it was if you paid for 2 qualifiers you just had to pay the difference( or something like that) for the Championship day, there was no refund if you went to 2 qualifiers and you didn't make it. They have never given your money back if you didn't qualify, they would loose serious money that way. there is alot of money spent to run these large comps- permits, insurance, etc if they only kept the money from the top 10 who made it into the championship day they would be paying out of their own pockets to hold the comp. so far I have attended all of the awcc qualifiers except shamrock and just paid for my LCQ ticket today. don't know if they are crediting any of that towards championship day if I qualify this year.

Last edited by SoCo Crawlgirl; 05-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Default one way to look at it

Quote:

thats one way to look at it, her's another, i travled from socal to AZ, Utah, and Alabama and didnt qualify, the way i see it i have probably spent 10x the $$ you have if you only went to one qual and made it in. and i still have to pay for the LCQ and Finals.

its all realitive to how you look at it, i can see your point that its not fair for someone to just show up to the LCQ and get in because its cheeper.
but you can see how my point plays out also.

there is just no way to make it super cheap and equal for all.

dont get me wrong, im not complaining. i didnt qualify so i have to go to the LCQ no worries.

the only remotely fair way is the way its set up, everyone pays $65 to run the finals, and if you go thru the lcq you just get a little more for your $$ because you get a warm up day (lcq) to hit the rocks before the finals
see ya up there
Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
thats one way to look at it, her's another, i travled from socal to AZ, Utah, and Alabama and didnt qualify, the way i see it i have probably spent 10x the $$ you have if you only went to one qual and made it in. and i still have to pay for the LCQ and Finals.

its all realitive to how you look at it, i can see your point that its not fair for someone to just show up to the LCQ and get in because its cheeper.

dont get me wrong, im not complaining. i didnt qualify so i have to go to the LCQ no worries.

the only remotely fair way is the way its set up, everyone pays $65 to run the finals, and if you go thru the lcq you just get a little more for your $$ because you get a warm up day (lcq) to hit the rocks before the finals
see ya up there
I see your point but i'm not trying to be mad about the money just the fairness which has never been a problem for the 2 AWCC's and the world finals that i've been to. You don't have to tell me how much you spent, I go to a lot more comps then you would know about and have been crawlin since 2003 so I know the whole money thing and traveling. I do this for fun and like you and most others I would just like to get some info before buying Also would like to thank you guy's for responding and helping to clear things up a little for me. See you guy's at AWCC
Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I see your point but i'm not trying to be mad about the money just the fairness which has never been a problem for the 2 AWCC's and the world finals that i've been to. You don't have to tell me how much you spent, I go to a lot more comps then you would know about and have been crawlin since 2003 so I know the whole money thing and traveling. I do this for fun and like you and most others I would just like to get some info before buying Also would like to thank you guy's for responding and helping to clear things up a little for me. See you guy's at AWCC

Right on, well hope the powers that be get back to you soon!
im sure there are MANY people that are wanting to know to make there decision if there gonna make the trip or not.

Take it easy, Bud
Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post

see ya up there
Sorry Mark, but you are on crack. fairness.
Cheap is one thing, but paying out your a$$ even after you qualified...WTF.

Example: Someone goes to the Copper state qualifier for $50, qualifies for the finals and has to pay another $65. Total = $115 plus travel to 2 events.
Someone enters the LCQ for $25, and only pays $40 for the finals. Total=$65 plus travel to one event.

What was the point of going to the qualifiers if you still have to pay full price for the finals when someone that runs the LCQ gets a discount? Then there is no point to the qualifiers. It made sense the way they did it last year. I know because I qualified at Wohlford in Sportsman. Paid my $25 there, qualified, then paid $25 to enter the finals. LCQ was $25 and then if you qualified, finals was $25. Equal pay all the way around.
You can go up there a week or even a day before and run on the rocks and get the "warm up time" without paying $65!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post

Example: Someone goes to the Copper state qualifier for $50, qualifies for the finals and has to pay another $65. Total = $115 plus travel to 2 events.
Someone enters the LCQ for $25, and only pays $40 for the finals. Total=$65 plus travel to one event.

What was the point of going to the qualifiers if you still have to pay full price for the finals when someone that runs the LCQ gets a discount? Then there is no point to the qualifiers. It made sense the way they did it last year. I know because I qualified at Wohlford in Sportsman. Paid my $25 there, qualified, then paid $25 to enter the finals. LCQ was $25 and then if you qualified, finals was $25. Equal pay all the way around.
You can go up there a week or even a day before and run on the rocks and get the "warm up time" without paying $65!
This was the point I was trying to make, So thank you Frankenwheely for making a little more sense out of it I do feel the same way and if it's going to be the people who drive in the lcq pay $25 and if they make it they have to pay $65 like everyone else, That could also work.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #15
RcBros Hobbies

If you click more info for the LCQ Ticket is says clearly:

2.2 LCQ Sportsman - Friday June 24th more info
Includes entry into 2.2 LCQ comp and 1 event t-shirt. If qualify for Saturday, $40 cash at event.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
If you click more info for the LCQ Ticket is says clearly:

2.2 LCQ Sportsman - Friday June 24th more info
Includes entry into 2.2 LCQ comp and 1 event t-shirt. If qualify for Saturday, $40 cash at event.
Yea just for sportsman but what about 2.2 pro for the lcq????
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What was the point of going to the qualifiers if you still have to pay full price for the finals when someone that runs the LCQ gets a discount?
because you get more comp experience, see more of the country, and have more fun by going to the qualifiers.

each comp costs money to put on. if you go to more comps, you pay more.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #18
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
because you get more comp experience, see more of the country, and have more fun by going to the qualifiers.

each comp costs money to put on. if you go to more comps, you pay more.

WOW..really. Missing the point.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:

Quote:
This was the point I was trying to make, So thank you Frankenwheely for making a little more sense out of it I do feel the same way and if it's going to be the people who drive in the lcq pay $25 and if they make it they have to pay $65 like everyone else, That could also work.
This is exactly what I was thinking, I was blown away when I saw that it was going to be another almost $70 with the fee after only paying a total of $50 last year, I think someone is trying to make up for last year! Last time I checked the economy is still in the freaking toilet.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadk9420 View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking, I was blown away when I saw that it was going to be another almost $70 with the fee after only paying a total of $50 last year, I think someone is trying to make up for last year! Last time I checked the economy is still in the freaking toilet.
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock

maybe i am on crack lol
some good points
hope to see you out there Bryce