Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: 2012 LCQ Status

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2012 LCQ Status

After going to the current State Based Invite system the USRCCA recognized that some invites would go unclaimed each year, so the LCQ was born.

Since the LCQ started demand for those unclaimed invites has increased, from international drivers, new clubs and independent qualifier event organizers.

The LCQ also had some unintended consequence in that it devalued "Earned" invites through the traditional routes. For example the last 2 years 40th place in the LCQ (A comp that 95% of the top drivers don't compete) got you an invite to Nationals while 2nd place at events like the East/West Coast Championships did not.

Also its become extremely difficult to recruit 2 sets of Judges for basically the same class 2.2 Pro, and huge load on the event staff.

Last but not least 2.2s class was created as a National Level Class, and having a 4th full day of competition is a lot.

In the past Jason offered at least 15 slots for the LCQ, and ended up giving more for various reasons, and now that judges will be given invites, more invites going to regional qualifier events and the increasing amount of international drivers that is simply not possible any more.

Having said all that the reason for this post is I wanted give everyone that was "expecting" another huge invite pool going through LCQ a heads up because its NOT going to happen, and I can't really say for sure how many will available, and like I said before I don't like the fact the LCQ gives out more invites then true Championship events.

A final decision about the exact details about the future of the LCQ will be made AFTER all the invites have been given, judges recruited (Info Link:Here), and other classes scheduled.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2012 LCQ Status

I am considering making the LCQ a separate event from National. It will be no different than any other Nationals Qualifier except it will be on the Thursday before Nationals with up to 3 invites being awarded. It will be ran by its own organizer, sponsors, judges, etc.(Think Crawlerpalooza, ECC or Battle Ground 2 days before Nationals)

I am open to making it a open to only those that don't already have invites, or open to all with invites going to the Top 3 uninvited drivers. I will leave that open to the Organizer.

If you are interested in organizing or sponsoring the LCQ on Sept 6th 2012 please let me via PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

What would be the difference from the way it is now aside fromt he fact that invitees will be allowed to run it? Why call it a seperate "event"...whats the thought process for this??
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
What would be the difference from the way it is now aside from the fact that invitees will be allowed to run it? Why call it a separate "event"...whats the thought process for this??
The thought process is I don't want to run it, and I would like someone else to run it.

For Example:
Jimmy C is awarded the rights to the LCQ. He names it WHITE LOTUS TATTOO Last Minute Invitational. Just like any other qualifier event he is in charge selling tickets, sponsors, building courses, and finding judges. After the comp is over....he informs me who the winners were, and I will add them to the 2.2 Pro Main Event.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
The thought process is I don't want to run it, and I would like someone else to run it.

For Example:
Jimmy C is awarded the rights to the LCQ. He names it WHITE LOTUS TATTOO Last Minute Invitational. Just like any other qualifier event he is in charge selling tickets, sponsors, building courses, and finding judges. After the comp is over....he informs me who the winners were, and I will add them to the 2.2 Pro Main Event.
Gotcha!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

smooth move, Fish
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
What would be the difference from the way it is now aside fromt he fact that invitees will be allowed to run it? Why call it a seperate "event"...whats the thought process for this??

Also the fact that there would be only 3 invites instead of 40
Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I had ZERO interest for anyone else coming in to organize the LCQ, so that leaves me with 2x options.

Drop the LCQ from Nationals weekend, or organize it myself.

When I started thinking about organizing the LCQ I began to wonder if their is even enough interest in having it now the Judges get automatic invites and limited invites available, so I decided to make a feeler post to gather some information.

Here is what I am thinking from the organizer side of things.

Sept. 6, 2012 (Thursday)
30x Drivers (Minimum)
3x Invites
4x Courses
$30 Entry Fee

Judges need to be LCQ Drivers, or Drivers that are not already Judging 2.2 & 2.2s.
I don't want Main Event Judges getting burnt out

Let me know if you want to drive, judge or BOTH in the LCQ.

What happens next is based on the interest....NO INTEREST = NO LCQ

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 05-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Are you still thinking running it Thursday? If it were on Friday I could help and I know some drivers that would run.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by jetboat; 05-17-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'd be allover the LCQ if I don't get a pro invite. Not sure about judging but driving yes.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I'd be in for LCQ if necessary...

One question, does an LCQ judge get a 2.2p ticket if he/she volunteers?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Are you still thinking running it Thursday? If it wereon Friday I could help and I know some drivers that would run.

It would HAVE to be Thursday.....2.2s and Scale Run will be on Friday's schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
One question, does an LCQ judge get a 2.2p ticket if he/she volunteers?
NO that would completely screw over the guys that already stepped up to Judge 2.2p

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 05-17-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Ok, that's what I figured....just asking.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
I'd be allover the LCQ if I don't get a pro invite. Not sure about judging but driving yes.
Same here.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

So, then let me ask.....if someone judges the LCQ and they participate in that event, are they simply refunded their entry fee?

What about if someone isnt participating in that event? Still given back the entry fee?

Sorry for the question, I am just trying to figure out the details. BTW, I like the new format of the LCQ and the number of invites handed out!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
So, then let me ask.....if someone judges the LCQ and they participate in that event, are they simply refunded their entry fee?'
YES

What about if someone isnt participating in that event? Still given back the entry fee? YES

Sorry for the question, I am just trying to figure out the details.
No problem

BTW, I like the new format of the LCQ and the number of invites handed out!

With expanding the invites given at other qualifiers, and 2.2 Pro Judges getting invites its simple math. Even when I back out double/triple invites (Del Monte, SkaldidDog, etc), and inactive clubs there are 110 invites due to go out in July.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Excellent! Thanks for the answers Fish!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I would be interested in driving in lcq just the extra course time on the rocks, since I'm judging 2.2p don't really want to judge lcq as you mentioned getting burnt out
Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
I would be interested in driving in lcq just the extra course time on the rocks
Jury is still out on whether or not "Qualified" drivers will be allowed. (2.2P Judge = Qualified)

We definitely need to give drivers trying to get into Nats 1st crack at the LCQ.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
RCC Addict

if a driver has a nats invite already what the point in him/her runing in the lcq?

i no this would be alot more diffacult for who ever does it all. but if u have a lcq y not let the 3,4 or 5 place people out of the clubs that are geting the top 2 invites run in the lcq.. that would put the more capable or lucker drivers in the lcq and not just joe dirt from down the street.. hope u can understand that lol

for example.. we have to have a run off, 2 states going for 2 spots at nats.. in our crawl off 1st and 2nd get nats invites. let 3rd, 4th, and/or 5th run in the lcq.. they would have invites for the lcq

2012 LCQ Status - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lcq BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE RC Rock Crawling Worlds 11 08-05-2011 10:31 AM
My Pics From the LCQ shelby Past RCCA qualifiers 15 06-30-2011 01:35 PM
LCQ Scores RCCtv RC Rock Crawling Worlds 35 09-14-2010 01:13 PM
A few pics from the lcq racer - x Past RCCA qualifiers 7 06-27-2010 09:52 PM