RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Past RCCA qualifiers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/)
-   -   Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/451838-gettin-southern-showdown-%7Eocoee-white-water-center%7E.html)

Grandmasboy 07-04-2013 01:18 PM

Re: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 4386010)
That's a good date because i think the water is off on the weekends that late in the month.

According to the water release schedule, Sept. 21st is the last day for recreational release.

Fishmaxx 07-04-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4385302)
Being that this is my first big event, I will be receiving help from more experienced people to make this go as smoothly as possible and as much fun as possible for everyone....."thumbsup"

By putting the burden of course building and judging on the "Teams" you should reduce your comp day stress by 75%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4385302)
State Teams will be required to build their own course and judge their own course for the entire day.

"thumbsup"

chicklet 07-04-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4386008)
Will see what we can do, being so soon after nats may be an issue, hopefully not. I have always wanted to go to that place, the first ecc there was before my time.

Ha! You know who I'm talking about!

I'm down for collective course building. It is really stressful to expect a handful of the same people to build all courses.

There needs to be an entrance fee if you plan to make this a qualifier. I started a logo for this last year when it was in the works. I need to get on my laptop and will post a pic of it.

chicklet 07-04-2013 02:30 PM

Re-working logo

greencrawler 07-04-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4385990)
Who is shit break?

I would guess pdog7. He is hard to beat with a shafts!!!

rojo 07-04-2013 05:26 PM

You know I'm in... "thumbsup"

Colby 07-04-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo (Post 4386315)
You know I'm in... "thumbsup"

Whaaaat!? Rojo gonna build a comp rig!?

M_ENERGY 07-04-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4385955)
How about the weekend before? 25-26 friday and saturday?

Dang I can't go that weekend....:evil:

Colby 07-04-2013 06:23 PM

Whos interested in a 1st place in 2.2p CASH PAYOUT!?!?

TEDROCKZ 07-04-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4386370)
Whos interested in a 1st place in 2.2p CASH PAYOUT!?!?

Me!:mrgreen:

rojo 07-04-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4386325)
Whaaaat!? Rojo gonna build a comp rig!?

Haha, I thought it was "Southern" as in Scale Rock Bouncing. :ror:

ittybitty 07-04-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo (Post 4386382)

Nope...going back to the good ol days where we CRAWL 8)

Colby 07-04-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo (Post 4386382)

Brang it! Well find somewhere to bounce em!

rockpayne 07-04-2013 10:21 PM

Now I will be torn as to what state to rep for :lmao: what am I saying, neither one would want me dragging them down :lmao: ;-)

Colby 07-05-2013 10:16 AM

GA is gonna be ready. Im going to make sure of that. Just remember this is a TEAM event. Yeah its hopefully going to be a nationals qualifier, yeah thats a big deal but if you want your state to win EVERYONE has to do good. One person cant come and win for the state like at the southern cup.

ROWDY RACING 07-05-2013 11:08 AM

So let me see if I understand.

1: Finishing positions for the national qualifier aspect will be the same as a traditional comp, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd individual podium positions, the amount of nationals invites based on attendance.

2: There is a separate team aspect using combined/average scores of all the drivers from their respected states including wildcards were there are fit in.

Do I have a clue as to what's going on here or what?

ittybitty 07-05-2013 11:22 AM

Yes...you've got it...AND the lowest cumulative score for each state wins! Not sure what is up for grabs...but if nothing else...bragging rights!

Colby 07-05-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ittybitty (Post 4386969)
Yes...you've got it...AND the lowest cumulative score for each state wins! Not sure what is up for grabs...but if nothing else...bragging rights!

Yes sirree you got it Chris "thumbsup" The winning team is determined by a points system given to each driver based on their finishing position at the end of the day, which of course is determined by their individual score for the day just like any other comp. The position you are in after finals will be given a number, that number is the number of points you received for your position. Like Nascar, supercross, or any other type of racing. Its just something extra to have a little fun with.

I am having a badass trophy BUILT for this. Something to do with Civil war pistols, welded steel and whatever else we can conjure up.

The WINNING state will all get a group photo at the end of the comp with the trophy and their names will get engraved on the back. Then if we have this comp next year, that state will have their names engraved on the back along with the first winner. So on and so forth.

The Team thing is all for fun, its for major bragging rights because we all love the states we comp in. IF I can swing it in the budget AFTER I have 1st 2nd and 3rd trophies done for 2.2p and Sportsman I will see what I can do for the top 3 from the winning state and what not "thumbsup"

By the way, first post is edited with the date "thumbsup"

TEDROCKZ 07-05-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ittybitty (Post 4386969)
Not sure what is up for grabs...but if nothing else...bragging rights!

There will be some $. I am just figuring the payout now according to the comp's format.
?
1- Winner take all(2.2p, that's my thing! Someone else may pony up for another class)
2- Team payout
3- 1st-2nd-3rd payout (individual scores)
4-etc....

All debatable now. Will come up with a hard plan way before comp time"thumbsup"

Colby 07-05-2013 11:57 AM

Id like the payout to be 1st place overall for the day in 2.2 pro. That way it will give everyone something to really gun for. Which will make everything else ALOT more exciting :twisted: