Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Yes...you've got it...AND the lowest cumulative score for each state wins! Not sure what is up for grabs...but if nothing else...bragging rights!

After reading post 1 and talking to Colby..

Team Scores are based on Finishing Position of their drivers.

Example:

Individual
Pdog........1st
Kbrog.......2nd
Itty Bitty...3rd
Harvo........4th
M_Energy...5th
Chicklet.....6th
Rowdy.......7th
Colby.........8th

Teams
1st TN.........(1 + 4)= 5
2nd SC.........(3 + 5)= 8
3rd VA.........(2 + 7)= 9
4th GA.........(6 + 8)= 14
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Sounds like fun to me. You can count me and slick in. TN for sure.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Id like the payout to be 1st place overall for the day in 2.2 pro. That way it will give everyone something to really gun for. Which will make everything else ALOT more exciting
I'd prefer to see a selection of drivers given the opportunity to win some money! What if 1st place in 2.2pro got the largest portion of the money, but then 2 random positions within the pro class won separate portions.

Example...there's $100 up for grabs. 1st place gets $50 and the 2 other positions get $25.

The reason I bring this up is it makes it more interesting for EVERYONE and gives everyone a reason to be there to compete. If you are a newbie and have only attended 1 or 2 comps and you see the level of drivers that are going to attend you may say the heck with it...I don't have a chance to win anything...BUT...if you break it up where there are 2 random winners within the field of drivers everyone has a chance!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #44
WOOPOOW!!

I hear you on that Ryan I gave Steve the reigns as far as what he wants to do with the payout so we will see what he chooses. Yall keep posting up your ideas. This is all new, no idea is a bad one. Lets hear em

Also, I have posted 2 dates that I would like to host this event on. Id like to do 2.2p and Sportsman on different days. So the dates are

25-26

OR

18-19

I do not wish to have super and 1.9 compete at this comp. Just 2.2 and sportsman. Would you guys like to run sportsman on friday, or sunday? 2.2p obviously will be on saturday, I am not changing that, but since 2.2 sportsman is just a regular competition like at ECC we could have it either day. Id like some opinions on this as well as the actual dates. Thanks everyone

Last edited by Colby; 07-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I'd prefer to see a selection of drivers given the opportunity to win some money! What if 1st place in 2.2pro got the largest portion of the money, but then 2 random positions within the pro class won separate portions.

Example...there's $100 up for grabs. 1st place gets $50 and the 2 other positions get $25.

The reason I bring this up is it makes it more interesting for EVERYONE and gives everyone a reason to be there to compete. If you are a newbie and have only attended 1 or 2 comps and you see the level of drivers that are going to attend you may say the heck with it...I don't have a chance to win anything...BUT...if you break it up where there are 2 random winners within the field of drivers everyone has a chance!
Everyone who has ever entered this web site was a newbie at some point. I don't believe in a just show up and win an earned prize. Creates laziness and this "I can never win" attitude and is not fair to all the once newbies who has put in time and become good at what they do. I am all for new guys coming but they have to learn and earn their way. This is where a beginner class come in to play. If someone shows up and is intimidated by the level of drivers that is there most likely they won't ever overcome that fear. National and regional events will always have this level of drivers. Comp winners and top finishers are always the ones who put in work and time(and not necessarily the most $) in their rigs and driving. I feel they should be rewarded for their hard work. Newbies should watch, learn, and thrive to be top finishers where they can be rewarded accordingly. Ambition and self betterment should be the only thing new guys need to succeed. This goes for comp scene, G6, scale, etc....

My definition of prizes is just concerning the $ payout. There is always(usually) vendor donated pieces for random draw winners, which all in attendance has a chance at.

I am not trying to be a smart ass on this by any means and not trying to knock any one single person or idea. I just feel you should get out what you put in is all.

So here is my scenario
Overall Top 3 2.2p
1st $250
2nd $150
3rd $100

Extra $100 to top State(to split, fight over, donate to a good charity etc...)

Good Luck To ALL drivers. See you there

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 07-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hear you on that Ryan I gave Steve the reigns as far as what he wants to do with the payout so we will see what he chooses. Yall keep posting up your ideas. This is all new, no idea is a bad one. Lets hear em

Also, I have posted 2 dates that I would like to host this event on. Id like to do 2.2p and Sportsman on different days. So the dates are

25-26

OR

18-19

I do not wish to have super and 1.9 compete at this comp. Just 2.2 and sportsman. Would you guys like to run sportsman on friday, or sunday? 2.2p obviously will be on saturday, I am not changing that, but since 2.2 sportsman is just a regular competition like at ECC we could have it either day. Id like some opinions on this as well as the actual dates. Thanks everyone
I say shaftsmen Friday, pro Saturday, gives out of towners Sunday to go home.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #47
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post

So here is my scenario
Overall Top 3 2.2p
1st $250
2nd $150
3rd $100

Extra $100 to top State(to split, fight over, donate to a good charity etc...)

Good Luck To ALL drivers. See you there
The man has spoken! I say We do a CRAWL OFF between the states. Each driver runs 1 course backwards or something and the winner gets the 100 dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
I say shaftsmen Friday, pro Saturday, gives out of towners Sunday to go home.
Thats what I was thinking, but then you run into people who cannot get off of work to make it there friday and what not. We will see what others say. I can be free whenever so it doesnt matter to me at all. Updating the 2nd post of this thread with payout info and class info.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The man has spoken! I say We do a CRAWL OFF between the states. Each driver runs 1 course backwards or something and the winner gets the 100 dollars
I with Ted...let the state do whatever they want with the money
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #49
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
I with Ted...let the state do whatever they want with the money
Agreed and 2nd post is done. Id personally like to see a bracket style roshambo for it.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #50
WOOPOOW!!

Very happy to announce the TITLE sponsor for the 1st annual Gettin' Southern Showdown is none other than Rusty over at T1E. If everyone would, please thank Rusty, along with Mr. TEDROCKZ for their dedication to the sport, and offering to sponsor this event! Thanks guys!

Last edited by Colby; 07-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

I can do the 18-19
Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

This is turning into a great event and we havent even started to see what will really happen. Huge thanks to TEDROCKZ and T1E for stepping up. You know I am in for whatever help I can offer.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #53
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
This is turning into a great event and we havent even started to see what will really happen. Huge thanks to TEDROCKZ and T1E for stepping up. You know I am in for whatever help I can offer.
Thanks Johnny! And to think just a couple weeks ago we were just bullshittin about this comp
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpayne View Post
Now I will be torn as to what state to rep for what am I saying, neither one would want me dragging them down
NC could definitely use you Rusty. We may not have the best drivers, but at least we have a theme song by Petey Pablo! Now who else can say that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

LMK if you need help running scoring or whatever, I may be able to make it up there.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #56
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
LMK if you need help running scoring or whatever, I may be able to make it up there.
Will do, Taylor said she wanted to help out with that as well as tech like she did at ECC.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #57
WOOPOOW!!

Heath over @ CowRC offered up a couple hundred dollars worth of giveaway prizes and some course markers and banners. Everyone thank Heath for stepping up! Hop on over to CowRC » The R/C Maintenance King! to get some MOOswag. I know I love my jumbo work mat

Last edited by Colby; 07-18-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Old 07-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #59
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Definitely in on this. It's going to be an awesome event. Thanks Colby for getting it going again.
Thanks to the sponsors T1E and Tedrockz and CowRC You guys rock!!!!
Sweet logo Chicklet
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Colby...I'd definitely prefer to do this on the 18-19th

Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G6 superlift southern showdown challenge ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 17 10-20-2012 06:13 PM
Southern CUP Showdown KrawlOff-Road.com Competitions 725 08-26-2009 05:22 AM
Southern CUP Showdown CD13 Oklahoma 1 07-27-2009 05:51 PM
Ocoee Whitewater Center Crawling sddill Videos! 9 03-02-2008 09:06 PM