RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Past RCCA qualifiers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/)
-   -   Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~ (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/past-rcca-qualifiers/451838-gettin-southern-showdown-%7Eocoee-white-water-center%7E.html)

Colby 07-06-2013 09:09 PM

Re: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

That logo is the stuff. Thanks a bunch Chick "thumbsup"

Sounds good Scott! Glad to have pretty much all of TN aboard.

Wheres the rest of the guys at?! So far we got:

GA
TN
SC
NC

FL?
VA?
AL?!!!??!

Johnny brought up something on the phone a minute ago I figured I would share. His question was:

If there are more than 4 teams, how will we determine who builds what courses and judges them? I say come comp day we throw all the states in a hat, and draw 4 of those names. Those 4 will be responsible for building and judging a course. Those not picked just got lucky :flipoff:

As far as supplies, I will provide clip board, score sheets, tennis balls, and timers. The score sheets will be setup like you see at ECC with the color codes. When you finish a score sheet just keep it on the clip board until someone comes to pick them up from you to take them to HQ so they can get entered into the computer.

Now, I have had a few people PM me against the 25-26 date, anyone opposed to the weekend before? October 18-19? I want to go ahead and get a date set, that way we can have this thread moved over into the Nationals Qualifier section :twisted:

Grimreeper 07-06-2013 09:29 PM

Sounds good. Set the date and everyone that wants to come will make it happen. "thumbsup"

obebaldone1 07-06-2013 10:04 PM

Just waiting on the for sure date but I'm not missing this one. Going to be a good time.

BigSid00 07-06-2013 11:26 PM

Id have to see if strato54 and jeremyfowler33 wants to join but id love to do it. I enjoied the last time i was at ocoee

chicklet 07-07-2013 06:40 AM

18-19 is good for me. Can't be there on the 25th-26th.

greencrawler 07-07-2013 06:42 AM

I'm definitely in on either date!! Looks like this is going to be a great event and can't wait for it to be here.

Colby 07-07-2013 07:02 AM

Had another PM or two on the dates, looks like the 18-19 is what we will shoot for! Thanks for the input guys and chick!

Harvo 07-07-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4389011)
Had another PM or two on the dates, looks like the 18-19 is what we will shoot for! Thanks for the input guys and chick!

That's cool. Just don't change it again "thumbsup"

Colby 07-07-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvo (Post 4389015)
That's cool. Just don't change it again "thumbsup"

Only reason it was changed was because i had so many pm's and people asking to have it on the 18-19 so yeah. "Thumbsup"

Fishmaxx 07-07-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4388768)
Johnny brought up something on the phone a minute ago I figured I would share. His question was:

If there are more than 4 teams, how will we determine who builds what courses and judges them? I say come comp day we throw all the states in a hat, and draw 4 of those names. Those 4 will be responsible for building and judging a course. Those not picked just got lucky :flipoff:

Guess you didn't ask the right person for the answer.8)

When courses are ran at the same time it doesn't take any more daylight to run 4 courses as it dose to run 10 courses. Its all about having enough judges and rocks to crawl on.

Lines will be shorter because there are more lines to be in.

The only thing that is restricted is daylight, and that is only affected by the number of drivers X course time + time courses are vacant.

If the event has less than 50 drivers you can split the time courses are open if you hustle.

example.

Morning Courses = AL, TN & FL
Afternoon Courses = GA, NC, & VA

Colby 07-07-2013 10:02 AM

Well that makes it more fun!!! More courses for the win!

JeremyH 07-07-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 4389057)

When courses are ran at the same time it doesn't take any more daylight to run 4 courses as it dose to run 10 courses.

In theory, but in practice more courses means more people will be making repairs to their vehicles between courses and/or charging batteries...which means you either have to run around and threaten people (which is lame) or wait on them.

IMO, a comp runs more efficiently when down time (nobody running) on a course is minimized and it has a steady flow of competitors. There are many factors that influence this flow...

greencrawler 07-07-2013 11:29 AM

We ran six courses at Nats last year plus finals on Saturday with over 100 drivers and it worked out well. Courses stayed moving and everyone had fun even in the rain.

JeremyH 07-07-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencrawler (Post 4389219)
We ran six courses at Nats last year plus finals on Saturday with over 100 drivers and it worked out well. Courses stayed moving and everyone had fun even in the rain.

Yep, I was there."thumbsup"

Colby 07-07-2013 11:51 AM

This is the reason i wanted this posted 3 months prior to the target date.. Lol

ROWDY RACING 07-07-2013 11:55 AM

I say lets let Colby run HIS comp the way HE wants too. Some new blood running things could make for a great comp. Jslick did a great job with the NENQ for his first comp. Other people's time would be better spent making sure Nationals is a success.

Colby 07-07-2013 12:30 PM

I like the idea of just letting the number of courses fall on the number of teams that show up on comp day. We ran 6 courses at ECC ending finals right at dark. I may be lucky to have 5-6 teams anyway.

Colby 07-07-2013 12:32 PM

And if we want to, we can throw giveaways in at lunch break so we can kill 2 birds with one stone. Close all the courses down and gather wherever we decide to have HQ and just draw tickets. Hopefully giving enough time at the end of the day for a picture of the winning team and some gloating/bragging/fighting over money

ROWDY RACING 07-07-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 4389289)
I like the idea of just letting the number of courses fall on the number of teams that show up on comp day. We ran 6 courses at ECC ending finals right at dark. I may be lucky to have 5-6 teams anyway.

There were only 4 courses and a finals at ecc 2013.

Colby 07-07-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4389294)
There were only 4 courses and a finals at ecc 2013.

My ECC's have run together. It may have been last year or the year before but i know we have run 6 courses in the day.