Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > Past RCCA qualifiers

Notices

Thread: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
My ECC's have run together. It may have been last year or the year before but i know we have run 6 courses in the day.
Like I said, you do you.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #82
WOOPOOW!!

Well its my first big comp. ive been to plenty of big comps and have been staff at most of those so i know what it takes. However i want everyone to have fun at this comp so thats what im trying to do.

Shot you a pm the other day Chris, get back to me either way asap
Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
In theory, but in practice more courses means more people will be making repairs to their vehicles between courses and/or charging batteries...which means you either have to run around and threaten people (which is lame) or wait on them.
Your talking 2 different perspectives...drivers vs organizer. More courses (which I think drivers prefer)does mean drivers are busier running around charging, repairing, etc, but from the organizers perspective it doesn't. Its a simple function of Total daylight vs # of drivers x course time + down time.

Quote:
IMO, a comp runs more efficiently when down time (nobody running) on a course is minimized and it has a steady flow of competitors. There are many factors that influence this flow...
In a dream world people would get in line without being asked, but reality is alot of people come to comps sit in the pits for an hour, walk around looking at courses for another hour, and then watching 20 drivers go through a course before putting their trucks down. Comp organizers don't enjoy threatening people....but its a necessary evil at big comps when daylight is scarce.

I tried letting drivers do their own thing all day and just set a course closure time at the end of day. The result was vacant courses early in the day and dozen of drivers complaining that I needed to keep the courses open longer because the lines were too long at the end of the day. (Running Finals in dark)

I have tried letting drivers do their own thing, course assignments to try and get drivers where they need to be to keep the event flowing. If more drivers simply did their part by getting in line then organizers wouldn't have to push. IMO drivers should keep tabs on each other, but that never happens.

The only thing that seem to work without closures is requiring a certain number of courses be ran by X time. Even then drivers will still wait till the end to run their last courses causing long lines.

If you know how to keep a steady flow of drivers the ENTIRE day without threats of course closure and not end up with a log jam at the end of the day then I am all ears.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
...but from the organizers perspective it doesn't.
It should. As you point out, people aren't always standing in line waiting for the next course....they are watching, waiting, repairing and charging. More courses only amplifies this effect.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It should. As you point out, people aren't always standing in line waiting for the next course....they are watching, waiting, repairing and charging. More courses only amplifies this effect.

If drivers need 2 hours to repair, charge and wait before running or getting in line for their first course something is wrong.

Running less course doesn't change that.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Jeremy don't ask questions or give suggestions, it's obvious all the correct ways to do everything are already known.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Running less course doesn't change that.
You are only looking at one aspect of the reason for downtime....

Last edited by JeremyH; 07-07-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

I am ,pretty sure Jeremy's comments were about comps in general not just this event in general and since Colby wants to make this a Qualiferir I will put in my 2 cents. On top of that Colby does want my opinion on this an other topics. However if wants me to but out of this comp then and only then will I but out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Jeremy don't ask questions or give suggestions, it's obvious all the correct ways to do everything are already known.

Maybe I missed the rest but the only 2 suggestions I found were run less courses and stop treating courses.

At my events including Nationals I am happy to stop threading course closures, but drivers will have deal with the antics of other drivers.

Runnining less courses is also very easy to do. Even though I have never had a driver request less courses before, but if you and Jeremy think that is a good idea it sure makes life a lot easier on me. I had no idea running more than a couple course was such a burden on drivers.

For Nationals this year I was wanting to have 6 course and already have Judges for 5. I am happy to drop that back to 3 or 4.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 07-07-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Even though I have never had a driver request less courses before, but if you and Jeremy think that is a good idea it sure makes life a lot easier on me.
I suggested no such thing....but thanks for trying to pass the blame....again.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I suggested no such thing....but thanks for trying to pass the blame....again.
I know I certainly never said anything about less courses. I told everyone to shut up and let Colby run his comp.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

You guys are all my crawling brohiems... but do you have to get all confrontational in Colby's first big comp thread?

Colby will do fine, and if he needs help, he knows he can ask. This is one more BIG comp than we had last year... so It's all good.

Let's keep the chiding between states and not between each other
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Colby will do fine
Agreed, I've said that.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
You guys are all my crawling brohiems... but do you have to get all confrontational in Colby's first big comp thread?
I didn't think input from different experiences was confrontational, but if so, I digress. Sorry for the thread jack....sometimes things need to be said out in the open instead of behind closed doors.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

I say Georgia is going to take the win. It makes it even better when its in someone else's backyard.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
I say Georgia is going to take the win. It makes it even better when its in someone else's backyard.
Your going to have a hard time taking it on Harvo's playground!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #96
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrawler View Post
Your going to have a hard time taking it on Harvo's playground!!!
I know harvo hasnt crawled all these rocks! we got multiple states building multiple courses many different ways and maybe in some ways different than the TN guys have ever seen. Even still, i aint scared. GA gonna be packing as much heat as TN. Not trying to win my own comp or anything LOL
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

I have faith in Colby, as many of you know I have had previous dealings with him and I have always had faith (it took 4 years LOL) but he has matured a lot and I think he will do very well running this event. I understand some peoples concerns but we need to have faith and let Colby do his thing, he has had a lot of success at his southern buggy events and we all as competitors need to step up and run the courses as quickly as we can and keep the clutter to a minimum in the thread. Not trying to be a bad person or the thread police or upset anyone I just do not want Colby's first major comp thread to be a pissing match. Thank you have a nice day!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Count me in Colby. I'll help wherever needed. For those out of town people who may come there's a nice Holiday Inn Express in Murphy, and I can post a link to some nice Cabin Rentals.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstergt View Post
Count me in Colby. I'll help wherever needed. For those out of town people who may come there's a nice Holiday Inn Express in Murphy, and I can post a link to some nice Cabin Rentals.
Cabin Rentals?? Can you say after comp shenanigans
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #100
WOOPOOW!!

Thanks Rusty, Glad we finally got a deal worked out I appreciate all the help man, big time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstergt View Post
Thanks Sterling! As soon as I get this thread moved into the Nationals section we will do some house cleaning and what not so we can post a seperate thread for Lodging/parting/shenanigans
Quote:
Originally Posted by obebaldone1 View Post
Cabin Rentals?? Can you say after comp shenanigans
Im gon' pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!!!

Rusty and I were talking about a bonfire or something at his place. Plenty of room for the shenanigans All up to him though

Gettin' Southern Showdown! ~OCOEE WHITE WATER CENTER~ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G6 superlift southern showdown challenge ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 17 10-20-2012 06:13 PM
Southern CUP Showdown KrawlOff-Road.com Competitions 725 08-26-2009 05:22 AM
Southern CUP Showdown CD13 Oklahoma 1 07-27-2009 05:51 PM
Ocoee Whitewater Center Crawling sddill Videos! 9 03-02-2008 09:06 PM