Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Any good crawl spots near Middletown, Pa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Any good crawl spots near Middletown, Pa

I'm looking for some good spots to go crawling near Middletown. I'm new to this area and new to crawling. Thanks

Keith
ksj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj44 View Post
I'm looking for some good spots to go crawling near Middletown. I'm new to this area and new to crawling. Thanks

Keith

Hey Keith,
What kind of crawler did you build?
Also talk to chris at b&j's I think he knows where some of the locals go.

Later
Jeff C.
JAC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I built a 2.2 with tlt axles, pede transmission, some left over associated shocks, I started out with a modified stock chassis, but I just designed and had machined a new one. The only place i've crawled has been a area where I work, I enjoy it but would like to find some better places to go. I'll have to check at Bumps to see where the better places are. I know of some parks on the west shore but was seeing if there are any good spots on this side of the river. Do you have a crawler?

Keith
Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj44 View Post
I built a 2.2 with tlt axles, pede transmission, some left over associated shocks, I started out with a modified stock chassis, but I just designed and had machined a new one. The only place i've crawled has been a area where I work, I enjoy it but would like to find some better places to go. I'll have to check at Bumps to see where the better places are. I know of some parks on the west shore but was seeing if there are any good spots on this side of the river. Do you have a crawler?

Keith
No I don't have one yet!! But I will soon. I have to figure out what to build 2.2 or a super haven't decided yet.
Also I think I'm selling the electric edm. I ran Chris's at b&J's last week and it was slow as dirt. No fun. So I'm not keeping it around for a couple of races a year.

Jeff
JAC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yeah, Chris has definitely letthe track maintenance go. I've been wanting to race but i've been working on Saturdays. I'd rather race outdoors anyways. The crawler has been fun so far, it reminds me of when I first got into rc's playing in my back yard when you didn't have to spend alot to have fun and could built your own stuff. I built a 2.2 because they are alot cheaper and I think they look more realistic. I might try and hit some of the competitions they hold near York this summer. Let me know when you decide what you want to build. If you want you can try out my truck. Let me know.

Keith
Old 04-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

I don't know about that side of the river but, I like to crawl on the West shore by the Rockville bridge when the river's low enough or usually I crawl at the bottom of Lambs Gap road on the Perry side. Good stuff!
P.S. I know someone out there crawls at the Lambs gap spot because a guy that walks that road all the time told me. If your on here, PM me!
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #7

Hey guys! Schreff and myself are somewhat local! We live over on the west shore. Im in Camp Hill, and hes in Lemoyne. We work right in Harrisburg. So were not too far from ya. Schreff is getting ready to get a crawler and I just bought mine but need alot to be able to go do anything fun with you all.
But he has a T-Maxx presently that he is selling but will still run.

I have a Revo 3.3 and a Nitro Rustler and E-Maxx 16.8 (but none of these are crawler material)

But my Scorpion is. Just need to order my batteries for it tonite and when they come I can at least hang with the minor stuff if you guys are looking for company! We have some fun spots for regular RC if your interested but havent found anything local yet that is killer to brag about! But havent really started looking yet!
Venomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Hey Venemos, I work at Hobbytown (Union Deposit) today from noon 'till 5pm and also every Wed. Stop in sometime! I find good crawling spots all the time, but need a regular bash spot. I also have 2 E-maxx's, an E-Firestorm, a micro, full comp MaxxCrawler and an AX-10. We have some of those RTR Axials on order, so we'll have those soon! I keep trying to get the owner to carry more crawling stuff. I think we'll carry AX-10 parts once we have those on hand. See ya Lantz
Old 04-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXMASHER View Post
Hey Venemos, I work at Hobbytown (Union Deposit) today from noon 'till 5pm and also every Wed. Stop in sometime! I find good crawling spots all the time, but need a regular bash spot. I also have 2 E-maxx's, an E-Firestorm, a micro, full comp MaxxCrawler and an AX-10. We have some of those RTR Axials on order, so we'll have those soon! I keep trying to get the owner to carry more crawling stuff. I think we'll carry AX-10 parts once we have those on hand. See ya Lantz

Do you work anydays after 5 at all? Because my hours suck at work. I am there from 7:15 am till 6:00 pm Monday thru Friday and then 8-3 On Saturdays. But my co-worker/buddy and I wanna come up and meet ya and talk about getting together sometime to go do some RC'n. He doesnt have a crawler yet but is going to get one of the Scorpions I believe next week when he gets back from his Hunting Trip. Or unless his T-Maxx sells then he will have it right away and the new E-Maxx as well.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I'll be there till 6pm or a little longer if you're going to stop by. I'll have my MaxxCrawler with me today, too, as another guy wants to check it out. I can check this board from there to see if you're coming in. If not, I'll be in till around the same time on Friday as well. Hope we can hook up. See ya.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

damn, didn't realize there were so many guys so close.

Venomos, your name ain't TJ is it? If it is, whats up dude? ain't seen ya in a while. If not, sorry, I know a guy who uses a similar name on 1:1 forums from camp hill.

I'm in New Cumberland, work in Lemoyne. I haven't really went out and crawled anyplace other than round my house and couple times down at the SVSC comps.

MAXXMASHER PM'ed me a lil while back, ain't really been on here much for a while so I just got it yesterday (BTW, PM'ed ya back bud) and figured I'd poke around and see whats up.
offroadford4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXMASHER View Post
I'll be there till 6pm or a little longer if you're going to stop by. I'll have my MaxxCrawler with me today, too, as another guy wants to check it out. I can check this board from there to see if you're coming in. If not, I'll be in till around the same time on Friday as well. Hope we can hook up. See ya.
My buddy and I are gonna try to make it over after work this Friday if you will be there! Im not allowed to leave my work though until 5:45 so I will make sure i have the shop closed up and ready to rock out the door at exactly 5:45 if your gonna be there!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadford4x4 View Post
damn, didn't realize there were so many guys so close.

Venomos, your name ain't TJ is it? If it is, whats up dude? ain't seen ya in a while. If not, sorry, I know a guy who uses a similar name on 1:1 forums from camp hill.

I'm in New Cumberland, work in Lemoyne. I haven't really went out and crawled anyplace other than round my house and couple times down at the SVSC comps.

MAXXMASHER PM'ed me a lil while back, ain't really been on here much for a while so I just got it yesterday (BTW, PM'ed ya back bud) and figured I'd poke around and see whats up.
Yeah my name is TJ....Who are you? This isnt Ron is it??? I cant think of anyone else who works in Lemoyne. That would be on an offroad forum!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Lol Ya! this is Ron! whats up dude! Last I seen ya was when I got my swampers from ya. Hell I didn't know you were into RC's too. we'll have to get together and tear up some rocks once I get life straightened out. prolly june sometime. All my junk is packed up right now. we're getting ready to move.
offroadford4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote