RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Pennsylvania (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pennsylvania/)
-   -   anybody from Hanover PA (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pennsylvania/149081-anybody-hanover-pa.html)

samdog 12-14-2008 07:22 AM

anybody from Hanover PA

im lookin to find some areas closer to where i live or maybe somebody with indoor course.:?: I live in spring grove Pa just lookin for some crawlin buddys Thanks Sam"thumbsup"

PEDEcrawlerguy 12-15-2008 07:06 PM

thats around York?

samdog 12-15-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEDEcrawlerguy (Post 1477017)
thats around York?

yea west of york "thumbsup"

Mighty Mouse 12-16-2008 07:29 AM

I lived in Hanover but now I'm in Carlisle. Blake lives in Hanover. There is some great crawling in York. Check out SVSC.

http://www.team-svsc.com/

samdog 12-16-2008 08:44 AM

You the guy with the black losi mrc . yea ive been to rocky ridge and sam lewis just lookin for some where closer to run Thanks for reply"thumbsup"

Mighty Mouse 12-16-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samdog (Post 1478147)
You the guy with the black losi mrc . yea ive been to rocky ridge and sam lewis just lookin for some where closer to run Thanks for reply"thumbsup"

Nope, I going to build a new crawler based off a ax10. I parted my super out earlier this year and miss playing with a rc crawler. I don't know of any places to crawl in or around Hanover or stink Grove. We have a few places around Carlisle to mess around but nothing we have found here is as good as Sam Lewis. Drive around a few of the backroads around where you live and see what you find.

samdog 12-16-2008 09:44 AM

yea ill have to waste some of that cheap gas see if i can find some where, Sam lewis is nice place just a far drive for me. thanks "thumbsup" you going to motorama

Bottoms Up 02-12-2009 09:06 AM

Im from Manchester.
we have regular comps down in sykesville area which would only be 45 min or so for you.

ps, Hi wayne. "thumbsup"

sirwin47 02-17-2009 08:31 PM

new here!

I'm in Abbottstown.... my mrc is in the mail,lol... But I think I might hit up some spots in Gettysburg, at least until they kick me out anyways.... there are some nice looking trails and rocks around devils den!

samdog 02-18-2009 08:51 PM

I was thinkin of that to Let me know if you find something:-P

MsDirtDiva 02-18-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin47 (Post 1630610)
I'm in Abbottstown.... my mrc is in the mail,lol... But I think I might hit up some spots in Gettysburg, at least until they kick me out anyways.... there are some nice looking trails and rocks around devils den!

Hey guys....just want to let you know that to crawl at Gettysburg Battlefield
you need permission to crawl there and you will be denied!
We checked into it a while back! And was told it would be disrespectful of those
who died there. Which I believe it would! There is Sam Lewis State Park and
Rocky Ridge Park - lots of rocks! Check out SVSC..... www.team-svsc.com

sirwin47 02-19-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsDirtDiva (Post 1632879)
Hey guys....just want to let you know that to crawl at Gettysburg Battlefield
you need permission to crawl there and you will be denied!
We checked into it a while back! And was told it would be disrespectful of those
who died there. Which I believe it would! There is Sam Lewis State Park and
Rocky Ridge Park - lots of rocks! Check out SVSC..... www.team-svsc.com

Yeah, I guess it would be disrespectful..... on the other hand, there are tons of places that are not part of the national park, and I've seen some nice terrain on mnt bikes around that area.

sirwin47 03-08-2009 01:49 PM

Anybody tried anything around codorus state park/ project 70?
I had the family out there walking around on saturday.... looks like some nice rocks under the bridges and certain spots along the water edge.... might be worth it when the water level drops a little..?

samdog 03-08-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin47 (Post 1668419)
Anybody tried anything around codorus state park/ project 70?
I had the family out there walking around on saturday.... looks like some nice rocks under the bridges and certain spots along the water edge.... might be worth it when the water level drops a little..?

Yea i want to take a look that spot "thumbsup"

Wible90 03-23-2009 01:24 PM

Chambersburg here... about an hour from frederick and 30mins from carlisle.

sirwin47 03-23-2009 02:38 PM

hey Wible....
any good spots in c-burg? I get up there to the hospital once in a while for work.

Wible90 03-23-2009 03:16 PM

I'm sure theres a lot.. I dont really go out around looking for spots i just use the backyard lol, if you happen to find a spot nearby ill be glad to stop by though

Ericsean 11-22-2021 10:07 AM

Re: anybody from Hanover PA

Samdog I know this is an old post but do you still live in the Hanover area? I am getting in to crawling along with trying to get my kids in to it. Were you able to find some places close to do some crawling?

Firemadz 01-22-2022 07:50 PM

Re: anybody from Hanover PA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericsean (Post 6099582)
Samdog I know this is an old post but do you still live in the Hanover area? I am getting in to crawling along with trying to get my kids in to it. Were you able to find some places close to do some crawling?

How are you and your kids making out with it? We’re from York. Got my son a Bomber for Christmas, and ended up buying a Wraith for myself. Haven’t done anything outside of the backyard yet, but looking to maybe go to Rocky Ridge.