Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Indoor crawling course @ HobbytownUSA-Harrisburg!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Sunday 15

IM going to head up this sunday with a buddy that im trying to get him into crawlin
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #22

Hey Maxxmasher, did u happen to go to Motorama at the Farmshow building? They have a rockcrawling course set up inside! 20,000lbs of rocks!!!! Awesome!!!

uncle sky
uncle sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle sky View Post
Hey Maxxmasher, did u happen to go to Motorama at the Farmshow building? They have a rockcrawling course set up inside! 20,000lbs of rocks!!!! Awesome!!!

uncle sky
I can answer, yes he did make it. I got to spend a few minutes driving on the pile with Blake's aluminum Toy. Those bodies are awsome and I even got to leave my mark on his.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #24

Sounds like u had a good time and left your mark on the competition as well!!!;) I was there just as a spectator though. Those were some awesome rocks they brought in! The map they gave you when u entered sucked! It took me a 1/2 hour of walking up and down the halls to find the rock crawling course! I asked one of the guards that was stationed at the entrance to the electric trucks as to where it was and he didn't know. I walked around thru that section of the building and found it way in back! You would think that the guard would know what was in his part of the building, wouldn't you?
Anyway, glad you had a good time!

Uncle Sky
Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Yeah I was there, and it was pretty cool. I was admiring a lot of the competitor's trucks that were lined up. Lot of nice scalers there! I just wish they could've set up some bleachers or something so there would be a better view of the action. That was a pretty tough course! It really looked like fun. Tried to watch a little of the race action in the arena, but without a separate air supply, I was risking serious lung damage!! Man they need to do something about the ventilation in there....

Check for some pics of the indoor course in the coming days; more improvements are on the way!!
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #26

Yes, I too would have liked to have had something to sit on and a better view of the course. The only problem with crawling is that the judges have to be close to what's going on so they can score the run and then the driver hovering over his crawler, not to mention all the spectators that want to be up close and personal to check out the action!
Buy the way, I am the older guy that has come in several times at the store to use the course that you just built. I have the Axial ARTR. I ordered some servo arms that are on backorder still. Did you happen to get them in yet? I was going to stop in Sunday but my legs are killing me from all the walking I did at the Farmshow yesterday! I spent about 5 hours on my feet walking all over the place. I enjoyed myself but am paying for it today!
Probably will stop in next weekend to do some crawling if the course is open. I see that you are doing some changes to it! It's a great course!!! Th only thing that I see that might needed changed would be the area where the mudflap looking thing is. I cannot make it up that part of the course and I remember you saying no one can make it up it now either!
Thanks again for getting the boss to go along with the construction of the new course and all the hard work that you have put in to making it!!!

See you soon, Joe
Old 02-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Naw, still on back-order; coming soon, I'm sure. In fact I spotted you in the crawling section as you were leaving and tried to catch you, but you disappeared into the crowd!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #28

Is the rock crawling course usable since u said that u r working on it now?
Going to stop by this weekend. What day or days r u working this weekend? If u know what date and time that some crawlers r coming into the store to use the course, let me know and I'll try to make it. Nothing like a little comradery and also I can check out what the other guys crawl with. Maybe we could get enough together to have a little competition!!! U up for that?:-P

Joe
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

It should be ready to go for the weekend. I'm planning on getting some more burlap and screws tomorrow to add some new sections to it. Shouldn't take long to do what I have planned. It's only going to keep getting better! I'll be in on Saturday from open 'till 2pm. Don't worry, comps are coming! Getting a little advice on that and then we'll get a schedule printed up and start advertising it a bit more. More parts are on the way, including your steer kit. I found it through another vendor for ya!

Last edited by MAXXMASHER; 02-23-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: I can't tell you that!!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #30

Cool!!!!8-)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Got some more work done on the course today! We decided to fill in the "caves" and add a little more real estate to crawl on. The way it was before there were only a few lines to choose from. Now, it should have a lot more options and some really good side-hilling action. Got to meet SVSC member "Killatruck" and discussed some comps and how to change up the course. After seeing his rig run on the course, I was very impressed. Me and my buddies just crawl around in the woods with semi-scale AX-10's and haven't been around too many competition-only minded crawlers. WOW! I thought my truck was pretty good..... Time for another build....:?

Pic before I added the resin

Another shot

Shop MRC and Jessie's Day-Glo modded MRC
Old 02-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #32

Wow!!! The ramp to the top of the hill all but disappeared and has now become a full blown mountain!!! Looking good! Keep up the good work! :-D

Joe
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Default got more work done on the crawler course & a new body for my AX10!!

I got some improvements done to the course. The big news is that we're getting loads of rock dumped behind the store for some outdoor fun!! First comp is April 4th. More info to come.....

Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Default Im going to have to stop up

so i heard there might be an outdoor course some time didnt here when looks like the indoor course is shapin up nice
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Yeah, I've been hinting around that we may be getting the rocks out back, but didn't want to say anything for sure until i knew it was fact. Now that I've talked to the guy who is bringing the load(s), I can say for sure it is going to happen. We also had to make sure it was cool with the owners of the plaza and check with fire codes and such. Everything is a total go!! Our first comp is going to be held on April fourth and we are getting together the rest of the schedule. The plan is to have the 1.9's inside and the 2.2's and supers, etc. outside. More details are on the way.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #36

Stopping by tomorrow! Does it cost to crawl for the fun of it?
Wible90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

It costs five buck per hour, but you get a five dollar coupon. So it's like free in a way.....I won't be around though....:-( Let me know what you think! Spread the word! The more people we get, the more the owner will be inclined to support crawling!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #38

Got the rubicon body painted Maxxmasher!!! I must say, for a noobie I did a pretty good job! Had it on your inside course and it looks awesome!!! Took some sick lines up the hills and was impressed as to how u did the course and also impressed about the ability of my artr to handle the course! My birthday is April 4th and I just might show up that day with the artr with the rubicon body on it. What time does it start (comps)? See ya soon, Joe
Old 03-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #39

Anyone else gonna be there today? (march 21) I'm heading out around 1 will be there at 2ish...
Old 03-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #40