Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Indoor crawling course @ HobbytownUSA-Harrisburg!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #61

Yeeehhhhhhhh, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whada know!! It finally made it, huh! I think I ordered it in January, didn't I?
I will stop in either Thursday or Friday to pick it up and show u my Rubicon body too!
It's suppossed to be a great weekend! So the comp should have great weather for it!

See ya soon!

Joe
uncle sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

The stuff'll be here Friday. Anybody coming out for the comp??
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #63

Just got the servo hooked up, works great I appreciate it

Once i get mine comp. worthy ill be at every one of them... working on it now
Wible90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #64

Will be at your store tomorrow at 1030am. Can't wait for my first comp!!!;) Suppossed to be a nice day too!!!

Joe
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle sky View Post
Will be at your store tomorrow at 1030am. Can't wait for my first comp!!!;) Suppossed to be a nice day too!!!

Joe
isnt it inside?
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #66

The 1.9 comp is on the course built inside but the 2.2 comp is outside. They had several loads of rocks dumped out back! I very demanding couse too, if I do say so myself! A great competition today. I think a good time was had by all!!! I know I had a really good time!

Uncle Sky
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #67

I would like to thank Lantz and Hobbytown for putting on the rock crawling competition and also for putting up with my harrassment during the competition. I met some real great guys there and hope to see them again at future comps. There was a guy there by the name of Woody that really put on a show for us! Thank God for the wind, huh Woody!!
I also would like to thank Lantz and Hobbytown for the great prizes that were awarded and also for prizes from the ticket raffle!

Sincerely, Uncle Sky
Old 04-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

I had a good time today despite destroying my truck. Thanks to Hobbytown for hosting the event. I hope they grow for you guys in the future. Thanks for the great prizes. As a guy coming from a large nationally recognized club here are just a few suggestions Id make for future comps...

1. Decide ahead of time who your judges are going to be and the exact format youre going to run. You should have dedicated judges and those people need to know the rules inside and out. With the format decide how many courses youre going to run, if youre going to use a time limit, and Id suggest a limit of 6-8 gates per course.

2. Rework your rock pile to have less gaps and flow a little better. I know Joe said youre expanding the course a lot from what it is and Im sure terrain will improve over time.

3. Just keep promoting your events in the right places and people will show up. You guys are starting a great thing just keep up with it. Nothing is worse than a hobby shop trying to get into something and then losing interest and dropping support...

Thanks again! Joe F.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

I'm glad everyone had a good time! It was our first rockcrawling event, so we were still getting a feel for how everything should be done. Like I said, the guy who dumped the rocks for us should've been done a week ago, rather than the night before. I was sweating bullets hoping the course would be OK. Not even having a chance to run anything on it at all until the event was the main cause for having such a tough course. By the next round, it'll be twice as big and we'll have more time to lay things out a bit better. Also a few guys that were to do the judging decided to leave us hanging, so we were forced to make provisions at the last minute. I think it still turned out pretty good and it gave us a chance to see what could be improved. Things will only get better! Thanks to all who attended and provided guidance along the way. I hope you all can make it to future events. I have a dozen sponsors lined up for the future events also, so the prizes will get even better!!
A few action shots....

Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Just keep building on what you got and you will be fine. Here are the 2.2 Sportsman rules I spoke to you about.

2.2 Sportsman Class Rules:(added for 2009)

If a 2.2 Sportsman Class vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2.2 or 2.2 unlimited respectfully. Any vehicle competing in the 2.2 Sportsman class will not be allowed to compete in another class and vice versa. These are " Club Rules " and can be Modified or adjusted at any time as long as it is for the good of the class.

1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. Tires may NOT be modified from other sized tires, They must be a readily available 2.2 size tire with a maximum outside diameter of 6 inches. no Cutting on tire for any reason. Addition of custom foams and or weight is allowed
4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of a 2 channel radio control (one for steering & one for throttle ) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles. Exceptions will be made for RTR vehicles that came factory equipped with dual motors such as the Duratrax cliff climber and similar vehicles. No Berg, Clod or similar axles allowed
8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class. Vehicle is allowed to have a " dig " transmission but you will be disqualified if you use it
9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
10 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
11 - body must be 3” minimum height on sides. No less than 12.5” total length and full original width, and no less than 5” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)
12 - 2.2 Sportsman class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 8"overall length, 3" overall width, and 3.75" overall height.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Cool, man! Thanks a lot! I saw you guys added that to your classes this year. That's a good class to have. It gives the guy with a basic truck who just usually bashes a chance to win, rather than go up against guys with modded up rides using digs.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

I think the Sportsman class is more a driver class. I am not getting back into competing like I did in the past but I will make some events. I will eventually add a dig to my truck but for now I like the way it works. Even after I add a dig I still won't use it during comps just to stay in the sportsman class.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #73

Default Had a great time

I will be back every week, had a great time!!! Thanks to Lantz!!! I will be removing my rear steering to be able to compete at a more standard level and with more competitors. Thank you again to everyone can't wait til next weeks comp.
berdman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #74

I am going to stick with the sportsman catagory also! I just started in this rock crawler thing and want to learn the how's and why's of what I have before I move up in the hobby. Besides, I am not so much of a competitor as I am just a guy who likes to rock crawl with friends and others who enjoy the hobby!
If I would win, that's great! And if I loose, that's ok too!8-)

Uncle Sky
Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #75

Maxxmasher, when are you going to post the standings of the inaugural rock crawl competition?

Joe
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #76

Where are you at Maxxmasher?? Too busy to write?

Joe
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #77

Default More rocks

hey all more rocks where added, when is everyone playing....

i would like to get out to sam lewis also, never been there.
Wreckmaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Default GTG at sam lewis this sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckmaster13 View Post
hey all more rocks where added, when is everyone playing....

i would like to get out to sam lewis also, never been there.
This sunday most of us guys are going to Sam Lewis this sunday so come on down more the better Thanks
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Default Yes I'm alive!

Sorry, guys! I haven't been on here too much lately. I kind of got burned out a little bit putting everything together for the first crawler event. Everything is coming together for the second round to be held this Saturday, May 2nd. I've gotten some cool prizes for the second round from various companies and I think this round will be even better than the first. Everything will begin with tech inspection around 11am like before. We have since added to the course out back and I have some good lines for the guys who are going to tackle the indoor course with the minis. I hope everyone who came to the first event will be there this weekend with a few friends so this round will be bigger than the first. I will post the additions to the outdoor course tomorrow. Meanwhile, here are the results of the first comp...

1.9 class
1st place - Dave Z. - torched the course with a score of -9
2nd place - Jamie "Wreckmaster" Lepley

2.2 class
1st place - Dave Z. - great score of +5 on a difficult course!
2nd place - Joe H.

2.2 Unlimited
1st place - Todd B. - made a fool out of me!
2nd place - Lantz S.

I just wanted to thank a few guys who helped a great deal putting all this together and helping run the comp.....
Jamie - great prizes for everyone from TheToyz!
Woody - helped with setting everything up and helped build indoor course!
Todd - helped a great deal with scoring most of the event
Josh - helped with set - up for the event and helped build indoor course
Jeremy - gave me ideas for putting this all together

Last edited by MAXXMASHER; 04-27-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: don't you worry about it!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #80

Coubt me in for Saturday! I'll show u my scale Rubicon body with all the goodies I put on it before I take it off and put the rock crawling body on for the course. I wouldn't want to use the Rubicon body on the course because it is too nice to beat it up. Little stuff will be flying everywhere if I roll it!

See ya Saturday, Joe