Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Looking fo a shop around the lehigh Valley area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #1

Default Looking fo a shop around the lehigh Valley area.

I am looking for a shop around the lehigh area. i want to headout on saturday and pickup my first crawler, but i wanted to know if there are any shops that do a good amount of crawler stuff. i was going to head up to trains and lanes in allentown on saturday.(dont even now if they are still open) Let me know if u guys have a favorite shop and where. thanks
ubecrew610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #2

Trains and Laines is still there, also Hobbytown usa is next to babys r us outside the lehigh vally mall. I would recommend ordering from Amainhobbies.com .
rc-zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombie View Post
Trains and Laines is still there, also Hobbytown usa is next to babys r us outside the lehigh vally mall. I would recommend ordering from Amainhobbies.com .
do any of these places hold comps or anything?

Last edited by ubecrew610; 11-17-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #4

no they don't , I wish. all the guys at trains and lanes are into on-road racing they don't even use there off-road track anymore it's a shame.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #5

well that kinda sucks. i wanted to build a comp rig. wont be much fun by myself.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #6

I know, I have a Losi comp crawler my 7yr old has the Losi night crawler and my 4yr old has the Losi MRC we love them. My friend has the Axial RTC and a Red cat racing crawler so when we can, we get to together and have some fun.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #7

yea, no one i know does any rc crawling so i was hoping to get with some people that can point me ion the right direction. i was thinkin about getting a Losi MRC just becasue i can pickup a rtr for around 2 hundred and new parts seems a bit cheaper to buy. you have any input or advice. i dunno where u guys crawl at but i can think of a ton of spots to crawl if any one is interested.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #8

We live in slatington,pa . As for advise it depends on what you want to do? I can only say good things about any of the losi crawlers. The comp crawler will set you back lots of $. The night crawler is superb as an entry to intermediate crawler. The mrc is fun because you can do it in the house, perfect time to get one(winter). Just make sure you get front, rear, center metal diff lockers it's a must. lower the batt and some new tires, I can say the pro-lineracing chisels w/memory foam and titus wheels 4oz in front and 0-2oz in rear are a huge gain in performance.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Trains & lanes (Easton) & HobbyTown (Whitehall) have some things for crawlers and a few new ones. Don't really know which one is better, they all don't know much about crawlers, or don't care to....

If you are looking to join a club we (www.gsrcrc.com) run a full comp season with prizes, etc, our last comp for the 2009 season was just held at Green Lane Park. We are full of members in the tri-state, PA, NJ, NY and even a few further away. There are a number of members in the Allentown area as well as some not far from the Quakertown area.

Check out the website if you have the chance
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Hi,
I'm from Allentown PA,The hobby stores around us carrys very little if any crawler parts.
I'm a member with gsrcrc.com and it a sight that carrys comps and GTG good people their to so try the sight out.
Enjoy
Greg
Happy owner:
CR-01 axled Comp Crawler
Highlift Tundra Tuggy Tough Truck
F650 Crew Cab Dually Tow Truck(in the works)
Wife owns
Comp worthy Ax10
Highlift Toyota Hilux
Micro Losi Desert Truck
LOSIASSOCIATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #11

Default shop

i like to shop at losi associated's house lol thanks for the rig greg
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote