Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Are there any shops in PA that actually stock crawler parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Are there any shops in PA that actually stock crawler parts?

...specifically, wheels, tires, shocks? Maybe motors/ESC? I'd prob buy an SCX-10 as well, if I ever saw one in person.
WraithCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

only your local Hobbyclown has overpriced axial/losi stuff. most of the other shops do not carry a large crawler supply. support thew vendors here first.
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
only your local Hobbyclown has overpriced axial/losi stuff. most of the other shops do not carry a large crawler supply. support thew vendors here first.
That's unfortunate. I usually try to support local shops first, but it seems that none of them support crawlers. I'll check out the vendors, as you said.
WraithCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Not a single one around here supports scaler or crawlers either. HTUSA might have a few, but one here caters to the 1/8 racer nose in the air crowd, and the other is more entry level traxxas\HPI\Duratrax stuff. I order everytihng online, and have been telling the local owners to get with it. No more tracks left anywhere, but with EPARC and GSCRCRC in the area, whoever caters to them is going to get some business.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Not a single one around here supports scaler or crawlers either. HTUSA might have a few, but one here caters to the 1/8 racer nose in the air crowd, and the other is more entry level traxxas\HPI\Duratrax stuff. I order everytihng online, and have been telling the local owners to get with it. No more tracks left anywhere, but with EPARC and GSCRCRC in the area, whoever caters to them is going to get some business.
No shops in this area will ever support crawling or scalers. not enough customer base, it is the area, r/c has always been a lost cause in this area. many shops and tracks that never remain open.
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #6

Default Re: Are there any shops in PA that actually stock crawler parts?

There is a moderate selection of crawler/scaler stuff @ Pit Stop Hobbies in Mt. Joy, PA. Not close to Perkasie @ all, but still in PA. Nice thing is if they don't have it in stock, they can usually have it in a day or two. Bought a set of moabs off the shelf there, some clod parts, and just ordered stuff for my MRC.
OIIIIIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #7

Hidden hanger in harrisburg pa has some crawler stuff and they also have a web site that i think you can buy though if its to far to drive. The group of guys up there are great to deal with and they can get u just about anything u need from them. If they dont have it tell them they get it very fast.
Mr. Mabuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #8

Denise's Rc Outlet is located in barnesville, Pa. He has in stock all axials, scaler stuff, an over abundance of wheels and tires, shocks, motors, esc, batts, hell of alot of batterys. Complete trucks...

Axial, Hpi, Venom, Traxxas, Losi...

Awesome guy to deal with..

(570) 467-2165
kreeperxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Big boys Rc toys in Howard pa, between state college an lock haven, opened at the beginin of last month, just for crawlers! has a course setup as well! Dennis is a local powder coater an decided he was sick of trying to find somewhere to buy stuff, so he opened a hobby shop! Crawler specific..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I second Hidden Hangar. Luke is pretty great there. Bought a ton of stuff off of him in the few short months I was there. :-) Obviously by the name they like planes, but he is pretty knowledgeable about just about anything RC.
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Yeah, the guys at the Hangar are great. They have someone in their shop that is into just about every aspect of Rc. Crawlers, SC, planes, helis, Nitro, 1/5 scale, on road and racing; they have about everything. If you make it to their shop, ask to have a peek in the back. The projects they have back there are awesome. Who else has a clod dump truck and trailer with sixteen wheels total? I'm moving out of the area and I'll miss Luke and the guys....
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I have to say (and Winnerone23 will agree), as far as his and I's area goes, most of the shops have shut down. Him and I are still planning a trip to Big Boyz. Note I said planning a trip. It sucks when you have to drive 30 mins or more just to get something. There is also another shop in our area called EZ Hobbies. He isn't a real big place, but he does have a variety. A little of the crawler stuff, little of the scaler stuff, little of almost anything. I myself try and throw support in as many directions as I can. Whether it be on here, ebay, craigslist or a local shop. In reality though it is our brothers in the hobby that really come through when we need them. Hope to see some you you at Rausch Creek in June.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I could not find big boys rc toys on the internet. Do you have a web address. I would be more than happy to use a PA guy that has crawler stuff. I'm sure the club I belong to would also.

John
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
I could not find big boys rc toys on the internet. Do you have a web address. I would be more than happy to use a PA guy that has crawler stuff. I'm sure the club I belong to would also.

John
I went searching as well, nothing I could find on the web, but they do have a facebook page.

Big Boys RC Toys | Facebook
saltinemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

You can find Denny at big boys toys RC on craigslist too. He only opened 2 months ago, he may not have a site up yet other then Facebook .. ill contact him an see. I have tried getting him on here. Ill get on him..
Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #16

Trains and lanes in Easton have a few things in stock. They do have a honcho, dingo and wraith in stock as well as a losi mini crawler and a couple of sets of tires and scale stuff. They had a good selection of parts a while back but it didnt move enough. And hobbytown USA in allentown also usually has a honcho dingo and wraith as well and a few other parts. Again not a whole lot since the demand isnt in this area. If we could get a demand for it in this area and I can prove it I can talk to the guys at trains and lanes and see if they will stock more crawler and scale items.
Rover Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

My bro-in-law lives in Coopersburg, and I have to say, Trains & Lanes has to be the best hobby shop that I've been too. I'm near Harrisburg, and I called six hobby shops today looking for Wraith parts and struck out. They all stock hundreds of Traxxas, HPI, and Losi basher parts. Ask them if they have simple crawler stock replacement parts and you get, "I can order something and have it by next week." Hell, I can do that and have it shipped to my door tax free for a better price and three bucks for shipping. I want to support the local (& not so local shops), but they make it hard to do so....
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeperxj View Post
Denise's Rc Outlet is located in barnesville, Pa. He has in stock all axials, scaler stuff, an over abundance of wheels and tires, shocks, motors, esc, batts, hell of alot of batterys. Complete trucks...

Axial, Hpi, Venom, Traxxas, Losi...

Awesome guy to deal with..

(570) 467-2165
I just made it to Denise's rc outlet the end of last week.. talk bout drooling! Take a rag of some sort! Was at hidden hanger the week before, tho pretty cool, nothing like Denise's rc.. its in a basement an wall to wall, floor to ceiling, shelves, an boxs, full of stuff! Was there for an hour an a half an not cause I was talking to the guy! LOL.. he will order anything you want, if he doesn't have it, bundles some things, takes credit cards, an you can even call an have a order shipped to you. It was way better then the 4 hobby shops we teaveled to the week before! Give, Les, (I believe) a call an get there an check it out!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

John, I can get a hold of Denny an see if he has a web site goin.. he also owns big boys powder coating.. I believe is the name of it.. ill get with him tomm an find out what all he has goin on these days..

Also, the hobbies, in sunbury pa .. the owner was cool an has some axial rigs. He would like to carry more but doesn't sell a lot of hop ups except for the ones ppl order in when they need them..

Last edited by winnerone23; 07-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I just made it to Denise's rc outlet the end of last week.. talk bout drooling! Take a rag of some sort! Was at hidden hanger the week before, tho pretty cool, nothing like Denise's rc.. its in a basement an wall to wall, floor to ceiling, shelves, an boxs, full of stuff! Was there for an hour an a half an not cause I was talking to the guy! LOL.. he will order anything you want, if he doesn't have it, bundles some things, takes credit cards, an you can even call an have a order shipped to you. It was way better then the 4 hobby shops we teaveled to the week before! Give, Les, (I believe) a call an get there an check it out!
I agree. I discovered a Bronco body for my SCX on the net and was considering ordering one. I walked into Les' shop and he had one. This guy has things I have never seen in a hobby shop in the 15 years I have been in this hobby. IMO by far the best shop within the area.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote