Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Any Pennsylvania Crawlers Out There...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 06:56 AM   #61
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Dug... I concure with CC... the rocks look awesome! I did a little scouting myself on Friday... I found an area very similar, but it about a 400 yard hike to get there, no trail.

I've got pics, but I can't post them on here... no membership yet.

We DO need to have a GTG soon befeore the snow flies!

Dug, where are you located?

-SATAYO
SATAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #62

Im am right outside of mount pleasant towards seven springs on rt 30 in a town called acme.
where are you from satayo?
dugfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:25 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

CC,
Who's backyard is that? Looks like some awesome crwlg...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #65
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

RC,

I believe that's dug's digs...

Dug,

I'm in Johnstown... I may be fairly close to you Dug.

CC,

Alright!!! Nice looking rigs boss! Now, where is that playground in the pics at? Are those all homemade chassis'... what are you guys running? Is that your tuber CC?

-SATAYO

Last edited by SATAYO; 11-14-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

looks like a cool spot there Coles.
did you get your brushless set up figured out?

I wish the weather would have cooperated on sunday, guess I'll have to wait till bradenville to run against your brushless rig.

later,
sods
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #67

satayo - i am about 10 mile west of the donegal turnpike on rt 30. i hope that helps. Maybe we could gtg soon here or at seven springs. I know of some cool spots up there too. One other spot would be at wolfs rocks in ligoneer, tons of rock there to crawl on.

Let me know, i will be up and running this weekend i hope.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #68
RCC Addict

The spot in the pics is Sam Lewis. After driving all that way I was gonna crawl something!

No Sods I didn't get the brushless figured out yet. I threw in a lathe for the comp, so I could run it. I'm a leave it in untill I order another Quark. I have the 33 on my "X" with a Power 25 outrunner, and I love it. Plus you can program it way easier with more options. So the Mamba's going back on the Mini-T. And the tuber will be brushless by WMJ. Do you still have those adaptor plates?

SATAYO, only my two rigs have homemade chassis(can't figure out if I'm creative or just cheap!) The "x", it had different body and shoes at bradenville. The two-toned C-10 is a clod with a Rock Bull chassis, and the clod with the camo body is a stick chassis. I'm not sure of the chassis on the other tlt. It came from ebay. Looks like it might have been homemade too, and all the rigs, except for my "X" run lathe motors and varius ESC's

And Dug, you'll be running by the weekend.We gotta hit some rocks plus, your rig's in good hands!

Last edited by Crawln Coles; 11-14-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

I thought it looked familiar! lol.
ya I still got those plates, If you want I'll drop em' in the mail for you. lmk.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Yeah I still want em. Do you have my address? It's on those little screwdrivers, I'm pretty sure you have one! I hope all goes well for you guys this weekend
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

thanks cole, we at svsc wish y-all could make out again, but will see ya's at WMJ.
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #72
Rock Crawler

yeah I have your address coles,
its on the magnet you gave me out in bradenville.
I had a screwdriver up until this weekend, untill I took my car to the carwash.
didn't really notice it was missing until yesterday evening, guess one of the kids that works there needed it more than I did. lol.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #73

hey cc - did you hear anything about the wheels and spacers yet for my nn?

let me know what he wants for them. thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

Wink Wmb5...official Post?

Hey boys, just an FYI, I copied this over from RCMT about WMB5

Enjoy:

Hello once again Here's the official post for the upcoming 2007 Winter Monster Bash 5 (WMB5).

WMB5 is on Saturday January 6th and Sunday January 7th.
Bradenville, Pennsylvania

Events will be held indoors.
Entry fee for Saturday Racing:
1st Truck = $20.00
2nd Truck = $10.00
3rd Truck = $5.00
4th truck or beyond = FREE
RCMT members get a $5.00 discount at registration for mentioning they are an RCMT member.

Sponsors.......We need sponsors so if you'd like to help out, please contact me at Devastator2000@verizon.net
1. Defiance Racing & Performance

Race winners will receive trophies and 2nd and 3rd receive ribbons. If we can secure some sponsors for this race we will again have door prizes and give-aways as we have done at prior events.

Schedule of events:
SATURDAY
---Doors open at 10:00AM
---Practice and registration from 10:00AM to 12:00PM
---Concourse begins at 12:00PM
---Racing begins ~ 1:00PM

SUNDAY
---Doors open at 9:00AM
---Sign-up for events from 9:00AM to 10:00AM
---Side x Side Drag Racing begins between 10:00 and 10:30
---Trials Course at conclusion of Drag Racing
---Long Jump
---All Sunday events are split into two classes......2WD and 4WD. That's the only rules. It will be $5.00 per truck to enter in the events on Sunday. Long Jump is part of the Saturday entry fee so no charge wil be applied to that competition if it is run on Sunday.

***Trials Competition***
There will be *4* classes at this event. There will be:
1. 2WD
2. 4WD (2.2 tire trucks) ex. Bruiser, TLT etc....
3. 4WD (Clod size tire trucks)
4. 4WD Extreme

RACING CLASSES & RULES
----2WD Stampede
Must use stock, Masher2000 or tire of similar height and be V-tread pattern. Imex Claw Dawgs not legal. Must use 27-turn ROAR legal motors, kit Stinger motor or Magnetic Mayhem. 6-cell battery only. 5-minute races

----2WD Modified Stampede
V-tread pattern a must, Imex Claw Dawgs allowed along with tires for Stock Pede. 7-cell batteries or less, no motor limit, BL motors permitted. 5-minute races

----Conversion
Class for 2.2 wheel trucks. 2WD or 4WD allowed. Trucks such as Wild Dagger, 4X4 Stampede, Losi, AE trucks, Rustlers, HPI MT's etc..... Trucks *must* use V-tread monster tires like Pede tires, Masher2000's, Imex Claw Dawgs etc....No motor limit, BL Allowed, 7-cell batteries or less. 5-minute races

----2WD Clod-o-Pede
For Stampedes running Clod sized tires. No motor limit, BL motors allowed, 7-cells or less. 4-minute races.

----Stock E-Maxx
Can do any mods to the truck but *must* use the stock Titan motors and run 12-cells. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 5-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Modified E-Maxx
Essentially no rules for this class. No limits on batteries, motors or anything else. BL motors allowed. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 4-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Novice
Class for the kids and true beginners. Run what you have. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified II
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. This class is being kept on in the event we get a large turnout and people have more clods than there are classes and essentially is an "over-flow" class. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Open
Class for "Clod-sized" trucks and experimental trucks or trucks that do not fit other listed classes. Trucks like 4X4 Clod-o-Pedes, Clod-o-Daggers, mutant monsters etc..... No cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Shaft Drive
Solid axle shaft driven trucks like TXT-1, Juggs or Twin Force. No motor limit, no cell limit, no BL motors. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Replica
Solid axle and USA-1 trucks running *full* tube frame chassis. No motor limit, no cell limit. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Sport Modified
Class for all solid axle trucks (and USA-1). Must use 17-turn motors or higher. Must use 6-cell battery. Must use either stock Clod, TXT-1, Jugg, Twin Force or USA-1 tires. Any chassis allowed with any mods to it. 4-minute races.

----Mini Monster Truck
Stock or Mod set-ups (including motors) allowed. We'll run this class this way until we see if there's enough to make a stock and mod class. Basically, run what you have if it is a TLT-1, Losi Mini LST or any of the other mini monster trucks. 4-minute races.

Overnight accommodations:
--Super 8
Located near Greensburg, PA. on RT 30
Phone # (724) 838-8080

--Super 8
Rt. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-4888

--Holiday Inn Express
RT. 30 Greensburg
Phone # (724) 838-7070

--Holiday Inn
RT. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-1050

--Comfort Inn
Rt. 30 Greensburg
Phone # (724) 832-2600

--Comfort Inn
Rt. 22 Blairsville
Phone # (724) 459-7100
or 1-800-770-0000

Remember, we allow camping at the track at no extra charge so if you have camping gear (tent, camper, RV, etc....bring it and stay for free!) You can stay inside at the track if you like since it is pretty cold this time of year LOL!!!!

As is always the case with our events, all portions are subject to change. In the event of a change to anything regarding the event, it will be posted here in this post and with a reply to the topic itself. Right now, everything looks to be pretty concrete.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

thanks, for posting that up satayo.
guess we'll see you out there.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #76
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

I'll be there boss, pitted in front of the bulletin board. Stop by and gimme a holler.

-SATAYO
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

cool, the summer one was fun.
this should be a blast again.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #78
Rock Stacker

Talking

The summer one was fun as always... but the trials was alot "funner" with you guys showing up!

That was the first event we had some "hardcore" crawlers other than the usual guys that run it. I for one hope you guys keep coming and that we can start getting some comps and gtg's together up here and down your way. I know you guys already are doing your thing. I really hoping I can work with CC and get something going up here.

-SATAYO
Old 11-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

thanks for posting the info satayo will see ya at wmj.
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

satayo,
our crew plans on attending as many future mj's as possible.
if you guys do get something together out in your area, I'm sure we'll be there.