Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Calling All Western Pa Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

hey coles,
any progress on the blazer? haven't seen any updates lately.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sods
hey coles,
any progress on the blazer? haven't seen any updates lately.
Not really, been foolin around with the Silverado. Just got some Diaz leafs for it. I'm gonna put the other set on the Blazer. And I found a set of high-lift axles for it in the for-sale section. That's what I wanna use on the Blazer since I stole it's axles for the Silverado. I also got some styrene for the bed floor and interior. I'll be updating soon. BTW, I like those lights on your Bronco. Did you make those?
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

nah, I bought the lights from maxxlights. the only thing I made was the light bar.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #84
jrn

I read the list of names and it's looking good so far Later John
jrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Hows it going guys you all stayin warm? Speakin of the weather.....
Does anybody have any suggestions on where would be a good place to have our first GTG. This may be a little premature, but I was just wondering what spots everybody would come up with. Prolly somewhere central for everybody for the 1st one, and after that we could possibly have a vote with everyone that shows up.

I wish we could get an indoor course. This weather is depressing!
LMK what you guys think.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #86
jrn

Hi Guys i talk to Dan at the track in Latrobe tonight and see whit i can come up with > lol look at me i dod not even have mine done yet later John
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #87
RCC Addict

coles:
there a pretty cool park in south fayete twp. (by bridgeville) that might be a cool place for a GTG, maybe even if we can get the proper permission, we could use it weekly, or every other week, or whatever for a points series. as soon as the weather breaks, and we get a nice saturday i'll go take some pictures and post them up
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

SCC...where is that???
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #89
RCC Addict

I am keeping an eye out, but I havent seen much. I keep seeing some sick vertical rock walls where chunks have fallen out, but I have no idea where those pieces are. There has got to be some good stuff around here somewhere...

Weather isnt all that bad, other than it keeps me from really opening up one of the two helicopters, and from doing some bashing with the rc18t.

Just sucks when you are having to change out u-joints in the cold since you cant fit in the garage. Once the real truck is doing being a money pit, I can get the rc18t into carpet track racing status...since they wont let me race my micro rs4.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #90
jrn

Hi guys i did not get to talk to him over the week end but i will and way after spring get here i know a lot of good places to crawl at later John
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Deep Freez time now. Just keep your eyes open for spots. We have a lot of time before we can start scheduling some GTG. This winter seems like it is going slow.

See everyone soon.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Hey rccrwlr, do you still have the patterns for your behind the axle servo mounts on your TXT? I am rebuilding mine and would like to go to that set-up and Bender is no longer making them.

Also, anyone have a drill press I can borrow at some point in time? I have new chassis plates that need holes in them, and my drill has gone AWOL in the move between Denver to Knoxville to Pittsburgh.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Busted,

I could trace mine for you.

I have a drill press if needed.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Hows it going fellas, is it cold enough for ya? Haven't gotten out much, just doing some building. I got my HL axles for my blazer today. I like em a lot! Think I'm gonna redo the tubework I've gotten a little better. Well I'll be talkin to everybody, stay warm. Talk to you later, and keep the thread alive!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Rckcrwlr, if you can trace them that would be sweet. I will have to get some more AL or possibly try Delrin out for making the brackets. One of these weekends I would be more than willing to trade some beer for use of the drill press. Thankfully I have jigsaw to do the cutting on the new chassis, since doing it on the Dremel is rather slow going and not very good.

I need to order up some more Integy shafts, with plenty of spares. Once we start crawling you guys will start to understand just how fitting the screen name really is.

Anyone got any suggestions on servos that will not destroy themselves or should I just stock up on 645 gear sets?

I am also thinking we need a GTG that is somewhere warm with beer, and lots of bench racing here soon!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good.

Concerning the servos...I just bought a couple of Dbl J's Chicken Butt Servos. 200oz metal gears. Just got them but will be testing them.

We will gtg soon...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Hey busted the Cirrus CS704/MG is a good cheap servo 200 oz/in tourque for $40. Alot of my customers run them. Mostly for monster truck and truggy steering. That and the 645 are our best seling servo's. Only one guy had a problem, it melted, but the sent us a new one for him no questions asked.I never had a problem with them in any of my crawlers. If money isn't an issue I'ld get a 5955, they're the best IMO just pricey! Also I might have those shafts for you, gotta check.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Hello. I run with rcnut38 and rctraxzdriver33 and would be very interested in any crawling around Morgantown. I will keep my eyes on this post to watch for a happening. Thanks.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:49 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Coles, The shafts I need are the 3.5mm ones for the Integy Super Shocks. Yep 3 of the 4 have bent shafts. On those Cirrus servos how does the gear strength compare to the 645s? I go through at least 1 set of the brass gears when I crawl. Sometimes I get lucky but most of the time I am destroying the brass main gear when I crawl. Luckily it can be rotated 180 deg. to get a second round out of it.

Rckcrwlr, also how do the Double J gears compare with gear strength.

Right now I have have decent torque with the 645, wouldnt mind more, but they work. I just need a gear set that won't strip out as fast.

Also, does anyone have a bandsaw so I can narrow my cammando beadlocks, I can never seem to get a nice straight cut with a hacksaw blade. I left mine full width and they worked pretty good, but now I want to narrow them and see how much better they work that way.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Busted,
Sounds like you need to ease up on the throttle when you lock tires...

Have not tried the Dbl J's yet.

I have a Drill Press that I cut mine with... Gives a great straight line. Check out the pics.

I am under the weather...but when I get back on my feet...you are more than welcome to come over and we can do them.