Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: NEPA trail and crawl locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Arrow NEPA trail and crawl locations

In the interest of North Eastern PA crawling I'm going to try something to give back a little and maybe find a few other people in the area that want to run.

I am out an about a lot, so I thought I would take some pictures and gather some information on some of the places I get out to play. I think what I will do is to just add to this thread with each new spot I get out to.

Comments, suggestions, requests welcome.

For reference I am located in Monroe County, outside of Stroudsburg, most of the locations will be in this general area.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Brodhead Greenway

Brodhead Greenway (from the Stroud Regional Open Space and recreation website) Stroud Region Open Space and Recreation
Google Maps
Constructed in the aftermath of the floods in the 1950s, the levee separates the residents of Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg from the torrential tendencies of the Brodhead Creek.

From the Levee, picturesque views of the Brodhead Creek, wildlife, and community landscapes can be observed. This section of the Brodhead Creek Watershed includes public parks, playgrounds, skate parks, several ball fields, two municipal swimming pools, natural ponds, a disc golf course, a public golf course, schools, East Stroudsburg University (ESU), Day Street Community Center, and the historic downtown districts of Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg.

There are many section of this trail worth exploring but I need to start someplace, so I'm going to start at the Moose. The Moose is named after the Moose lodge located directly next to the trailhead. To reach this section you can take 9th street to stokes mill road where you will find a parking lot large enough to accommodate a couple dozen cars. The parking lot has one table available as well as a grill, if you bring your one charcoal.

If you are greeted by this sign, you are in the right place.

You can follow the marked trail up or down stream, with down stream having more crawling opportunities available. The trail isn't very wide and consists of most packed dirt with a few river rocks mixed in until you reach the creek itself.

Once you reach the creek you have two options, drop down into the creek bed to crawl along the backs or continue down stream.

The Brodhead has moved a lot of the past decade and as such there are a lot of softball to football sized round rocks. Nothing hardcore in this section but the ample amount of rock gives you plenty to do.

In addition to the rocks, this section has a small stream to practice water crossings and a few 4-8ft hill climbs available.

Once you get back on the trail you will find a few interesting obstacle either on the trail or near by, including several acres of woods, and two old creek beds.

Following the trail downstream and you will reach the cobble field. Once all woods a couple floods leveled it depositing various size cobble over a couple acres. This section contains so much rock, that it is basically a chance to go freeform and pick any old rock to climb.

Along the creek you will find some larger rocks, and some side hilling.

This trail marker is located right as you enter the cobble field.

Although the opening is kind of hard to miss.

Continuing downstream you will reach a retaining wall that marks the end of this section, but it does put you in reach of a porta-potty, ball field and large open space. Total length is about 1/2 mile each way, but you can spend significant more time as the trail boarders several acres of woodland. If you explore you will find an old creek bed with a massive rock to scale.

I do a lot of fishing here, and it is one of my favorite places to take a walk. There are enough interesting lines here to keep you happy, although it does take a little time to find them.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 12-09-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #3

Default Re: NEPA trail and crawl locations

Going to watch this one maybe even add a few if I ever have time to get out ... in tannersville area got 2 losi comps, scx 2 and a proline ambush that need to get out more
four12unner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks like some fun terrain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapascrap
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

I have a few areas I've made in the scranton area.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
92wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #6

I like the fact that you posted up pictures! It gives people real info on what they should expect to encounter, if they head over there to crawl. I'm going to use your post as motivation to take pictures of MY preferred areas to crawl and amend them to my other posts!
BigRedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:59 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

im in milford and ive been looking for some people to crawl with...its not to much fun alone anymore lol
FordFixer is offline   Reply With Quote

NEPA trail and crawl locations - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawl Locations and Club smartin74 West Virginia 3 07-20-2015 05:53 PM
7 Tubs NEPA Part 2. Nepa RC junkies Bondoe Technology Scale Videos! 1 01-04-2015 09:44 PM
7 Tubs NEPA Part 2. Nepa RC junkies Bondoe Technology Pennsylvania 0 01-04-2015 09:43 PM
Locations to crawl near Omaha Omega-Tron Nebraska 1 11-22-2011 07:54 PM
Washington crawl locations hotwheels000 Washington 4 04-02-2009 01:51 PM