Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Ephrata lancaster area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #1

Default Ephrata lancaster area

I was just wondering if there was anyone or any group near the Ephrata/Lancaster area. Thanks in advance.
rhuggins215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ephrata lancaster area

Quite a few guys around. Most of the groups post on FB - Eastern PA RC Rock crawlers, SE PA scale and trail...etc. All good guys.

It's build season, there's not a lot of people out trailing right now. Personally, I love this time of year. No bugs, no sweat, trails are all but empty.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

Ok thank you
Old 01-18-2019, 08:30 PM   #4

You could checkout Cabin Fever this weekend at the Lebanon Valley Expo Center. A different kind of RC vehicles will be there, but you might meet some guys that also do trail runs.

Home
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 PM   #5

Ok, Sounds like a plan. Thank you!!
Old 01-20-2019, 06:06 AM   #6
wyd
Rock Crawler

A bunch of us get together at a few places not too far from your area. We trail run at Mt Gretna (Govenor Dick) and Pump Station Rd off 322 not far from Litiz. We also go to Sam Lewis State PArk in Columbia. Most of use come from Pit Stop Hobbies in Mt Joy.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #7

Great to know. I plan on taking a trip to Pit Stop soon. Im new to the area but I know the places your speaking of. I have hiked there before. Thank you.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #8
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuggins215 View Post
Great to know. I plan on taking a trip to Pit Stop soon. Im new to the area but I know the places your speaking of. I have hiked there before. Thank you.
Great. Welcome to the area. Joey Keily is the owner at Pit Stop and his brother Chris helps out. Really good guys. If you stop in tell him Brian Reigle sent you.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:25 PM   #9

Great, Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #10
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Great, Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
Not a problem. If your on Facebook my buddy keeps a list of people that he sends out the info on the next crawl so you can send me a friend request and then I can add you and let him know to include you.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:07 AM   #11

Yes I am on facebook. That would be great. Thank you. How can I get ahold of you on facebook?
Old 01-25-2019, 01:09 AM   #12

Just saw your name from a previous post. Ill look it up when Im outta work and send you a request.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes I am on facebook. That would be great. Thank you. How can I get ahold of you on facebook?
FB it's Brian Reigle. We just went out this Sunday for 3 hours at a place probably 30 minutes from your place off Route 322 and Running Pump Rd. If it wouldn't of snowed this week we would probably go out Sunday again as it's to be 46 degrees out.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:35 PM   #14
wyd
Rock Crawler

ME and a few others might try crawling this Sunday at Noon time. Not sure where as were checking to see if anyone else is interested since it will be a little cool out for sure. I will post more later tonight of early on Sunday morning. We might just got out for a short run to test some stuff and see how cold we get.

Ok where meeting at the parking lot at Pumping Station Rd, Lititz PA right off 322 at Noon time if anyone is interested in going. Not sure how long where going for because it's going to be a little on the cold side

Last edited by wyd; 02-09-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I'd love to come out - jonesing for some wheel time, cold or not!! But I've got plans I can't get out of unfortunately. 38 is chilly, but doable.

For future reference, where is pumping station road off 322? 322 runs way north of Lititz...is it near the Horsehoe Trail?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #16
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I'd love to come out - jonesing for some wheel time, cold or not!! But I've got plans I can't get out of unfortunately. 38 is chilly, but doable.

For future reference, where is pumping station road off 322? 322 runs way north of Lititz...is it near the Horsehoe Trail?
Its outside of Lititz going towards Hershey. If you get the Turnpike and Mt Gretna exits off 322 your about 5 miles past the parking lot.

It was a little cool at first but once we started walking it took about 25 minutes or so and then my hands warmed up and I was good for the rest of the day. The weather was cloudy but no wind so it was pretty nice. I now know I can go crawling and be warm as long as its 32 degrees or warmer.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:09 AM   #17

Just wanted to let you know I stopped by Pit Stop yesterday and picked up a couple small thing. I mentioned your name and the Guys had a fun time joking around. They seem great and its a nice shop. We joked about the Grill in the store. lol. It's nice cause its not that far from "Cool Trains" where I get my Styrene from. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #18
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know I stopped by Pit Stop yesterday and picked up a couple small thing. I mentioned your name and the Guys had a fun time joking around. They seem great and its a nice shop. We joked about the Grill in the store. lol. It's nice cause its not that far from "Cool Trains" where I get my Styrene from. Thanks again for the recommendation.
That's awesome. We have a lot of fun joking around at each others expense. Glad you made it to the shop. Joey will get you anything you want as long as the distributors have it.

The grilling thing is something I been doing for about 5 years now but only about 6 months at the shop. I got a great deal on that new Weber Kettle grill and Joey paid me for it. I been trying to grill for all of us once a week and sometimes twice a week depending on my schedule.

Heading to Sam Lewis State Park in the Columbia area today at noon time. Where meeting the back parking lot area today at Noon time. Sorry for the late notice as I forgot to post last night.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #19
wyd
Rock Crawler

Anyone wanting to go BackHill Crawlers is having a crawling comp at Sam Lewis State park in Wrightsville on Saturday at 10am. Going to check it out if the weather stays decent and I don't have to work on the AM
Old 04-28-2019, 06:00 PM   #20

I'm thinking about building another crawler. How many of the Pitstop guys are still crawling?
M_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lancaster / ephrata

Ephrata lancaster area - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lancaster Area Erick O Pennsylvania 2 07-14-2015 02:28 PM
Josh R's Yet in Lancaster, Ca JJRice Axial Yeti 2 10-19-2014 11:35 PM
logan hubble lancaster ky crawlerax Kentucky 6 05-23-2011 06:05 PM
crawlers near lancaster brokendiff Pennsylvania 23 03-03-2011 04:10 PM