Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Western PA's First Club GTG-March 11th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEWIS
CAN'T WAIT SO YES BRING THE RIGS OR IS THIS JUST A CHILL SESSION? BY THE WAY IM ALL SCALL 2.2 RIGS. YA THAT HILL CLIMB WAS A OVAL IN A PARKING LOT ALL GAS

Definitely bring the rigs. The main reason will be to run rigs. It just isn't going to me a comp.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

is this going to be an actual competition or is it just going to be for everyone to get to know each other.
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr
Definitely bring the rigs. The main reason will be to run rigs. It just isn't going to me a comp.

ZR2 ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

I will be bringing some new Wheels and Tires to the GTG if anyone is interest. Project took a turn and have some extra stuff. Not listing it on here but if you are interested I will let you know what I have via PMing.

John
Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

ok thanks rock crawler
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #45

As of right now with my work schedule Paragon is out but the good news is we'll be coming through that area sunday so i may be able to hang out and get some crawling done.
PBLMCHLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Sounds like a good plan to me guys. I will try to help out as much as I can to get this rolling smooth. When the club in TN got started it was mainly GTGs with some spontaneous comps. Nothing office, just a couple of gates to give some exposure to how comps run to the guys who have never competed. Follow the leader is always a fun game to play!

Coles, I just asked about car pooling since I have a single cab F150 on 35s with the 5.8L. I loves the gas, and New Stanton is a solid 45 minutes for me, or at least it was when I went up there to hit the indoor shooting range.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr
I just ordered 20 used tennis balls for gates. I am hoping they come before the weekend so that I can cut them.

This is going to be a casual Meet and greet GTG. Some bashing and good fun. We will have a swap meet so bring your stuff and some money if you are looking for stuff.
I have about 10 or so tennis balls cut already. I can bring them with me if needed.
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #48

I will try to be there, hoping to have 2.2 done by then. john
rcdemon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler
...I have a single cab F150 on 35s with the 5.8L. I loves the gas, ...
You want to talk about loving gas...check this out...

Can you guess what is in this???

That is right...8.1L Big Block V8... And it is my wife's truck.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

So weres the gtg at bear rocks? Or seven springs? so i can get a idea were to go?
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman
So weres the gtg at bear rocks? Or seven springs? so i can get a idea were to go?
I went to Bear Rocks this morning and took a few pics. The terrain is nice, but agian there is limited to no parking. You have to pull off to the side of the road.

I haven't had a chance to make it up Seven Springs to scout out anything. I know there has to be some nice places up there. Tomorrow I'm going scouting up Casparis and prolly Seven Springs.

Casparis is nice because it is big! It goes from Connelsville to Dunbar Mts. Some of it is private property, mines, caves and state gamelands( that's where I've been) there would be enough room for parking not to far from the rocks. On the side of the road also, but it's a dirt road to get back there, with no traffic, and any low riding cars would have trouble. Last time I was there we saw a mini van bottom out pretty hard and almost get stuck! I crawled here in the summer and there are plenty of rock formations on both sides of the road all the way up! It's nice you can do a lil 1:1 wheelin there to if you like. I'm really leaning towards this place.

Well here's a few pics of Bear Rocks.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...oles/rock5.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...oles/rock4.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...oles/rock1.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...oles/rock2.jpg

In the last pic you can see how close it is to that house and the road is right there. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. Sorry I don't have a location locked in allready but I've been busy and when I go to crawl it's usually just me or 1,2 more guys. All the spots I saw were nice just not GTG friendly, IMO Casparis is the best and where this first GTG will prolly be. http://www.fay-west.com/fayette/casparis/

I'm puting a crawling course in our track in www.smithtonhole.com , but unfotunately it won't be ready by the 11th, unless I can produce a dump truck load or so of some stone! When it is ready it'll be nice, very accesible, lots of parking and on-site electricity.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...siloncolly.jpg Everybody else is posting pics of their 1:1 and I didn't want to be left out!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Crawln Coles; 03-05-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Anyone check any state parks around greensburg? I went to one acouple years ago that had aton of rocks? last time i was at connesvillie in my rubicon.I got a $250 fine from drive on state game land roads.And got a ticket on my tow rig for parking on game commisson property.I was not even marked at all..So i think we should make sure were aloted there before we go one someones property
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Coles is going out tomorrow to check out the sites. He will let us know.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Thumbs up Casparis it is

I just got back from Casparis. We spent a few hours back there wheelin my buddies Toyota. It's posted private property, but there were a lot of tire tracks going pretty far back. We followed em till they stopped and kept going till we almost got stuck. And it's not labeled State Gamelands until at least, a mile or so in. The spot we're gonna be crawln at is only 4/10ths of a mile back. Here's a few pics:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/casparis.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...coles/tvcs.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m..._coles/csv.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...ln_coles/c.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m..._coles/car.jpg

I'm no photographer and my pics don't do this spot justice at all The rock formations are amazing. I don't know what you guys are used to crawling on, but theese rocks are more than enough for quite a few rigs. Even a comp. It still might be a good idea to carpool because we have to park on the side of the dirt road. They'res a few pull-offs and trucks are recomended but you can get there in a car. The only downside is the private property signs, but when I was there this summer we passed about 3-4 trucks on the way back. And today we spent a few hours exploring the place and saw several tire tracks and other signs of people all over that place! We drove till we could go no further on one trail then hiked up to a Huge cave. Then drove past till we saw no more tire tracks and decided to turn around because we we're low on gas and the terrain was gettin a lil sicc for a stock rig, but it did good for a Toyota, lol! But like I said the crawl spot is only 4/10ths of a mile deep, and if anybody doesn't wanna take their vehicle they can hop in the crew cab w/ me. I aint scared! Well LMK what you guys think and what time does everybody wanna meet up? Are we all meeting at my shop then driving up?

Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

ok theres a 85% chance that me and hazzy will be there.

coles even though its all posted. it never stoped anyone.

so we crawling at casparis???
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor rc
ok theres a 85% chance that me and hazzy will be there.

coles even though its all posted. it never stoped anyone.

so we crawling at casparis???
Yeah Casparis is the spot. Haven't you guys wheeled there before? Ever get fined or anything?

Because Kodiak said "last time i was at connesvillie in my rubicon.I got a $250 fine from drive on state game land roads.And got a ticket on my tow rig for parking on game commisson property"

Just don't want any problems, but I think it's cool.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Looks good, assuming the weather cooperates. Where is the initial meeting spot so that carpooling can happen and/or general wait on the slow ones to show up?
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Coles,
That looks good to me. If weather permits...I would like to meet at your place around Noon and then head up. How far is it from you shop?

PM coming your way...
Old 03-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #59
RCC Addict

I guess we can all meet up at my shop in New Stanton. I'm right next to the pharmacy. Here's the mapquest link: http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...rmacies&2ffi=1

As far as time what do you guys think. Casparis is about 20 min from my shop.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

my dad and i were just there on sunday with a group of guys and never got anything. coles what way are you going in to casparis?? theres like 3 or 4 different ways in.
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote