Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: Western Pa Crawlers - Club Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

My thinking putting them in scaler is that they can be as detailed as a scaler and the definition of a scaler is to be realistic.

So much to think about.

Just got done with my new rig...only need to put the electronics and pic a body...hmmmm.

Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr
What do you guys think of this???

I can have them made 1/10th scale size for our rigs. Unless someone in the club can make them.

John
I think it should be ALL CAPS.
W.PA.C
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr
I am completely out when it comes to rear steer on the 2.2. RC4WD TLT Straight Axle Adapters...$25 a pair.

These things are bullet proof.

-

hey, i was just looking at these on RC4WD. do you have to buy the straight axles, too? or do these use the regular kit included axles and drive cups?
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

No, These eliminate needing them. They are awesome. And less expensive than going with strait axles.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #45

i got the tlt finally working the other day and i have been playing with it will post pics later but im glad i spent the money for this then buying another ****ty walmart 4wd rc car
hazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Can I get some clarification on the Scaler class?

I'm doing a roll cage, tube bumpers and possibly some rock sliders out of brakeline.

If I attach these directly to my SW2 chassis does it qualify as a scaler? The body will have the roof removed but I'll run full fenders. Would this be Scale or considered a 2.2 Comp?

Here's just the start:
Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman

I'm doing a roll cage, tube bumpers and possibly some rock sliders out of brakeline.

If I attach these directly to my SW2 chassis does it qualify as a scaler? The body will have the roof removed but I'll run full fenders. Would this be Scale or considered a 2.2 Comp?
I think we're going to have to classify based on the rig, maybe vote on the close ones.!?

My tuber is a comp rig. Mike's looks more scale, but it's based on a comp chassis. It's gonna be hard to make a general rule when there are so many different kind of crawlers.

Maybe run in both classes or just eliminate the scale class or limit it to 1.9's, leaf spung, frame railed or scale looking tubers?
The rules state that you can't run one truck in two classes, but........it's up to WPAC what WE do!

We are definately gonna have to discuss this on the 1st and see what everybody thinks.

Last edited by Crawln Coles; 03-21-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles
I think we're going to have to classify based on the rig, maybe vote on the close ones.!?

Maybe run in both classes or just eliminate the scale class or limit it to 1.9's, leaf spung, frame railed or scale looking tubers?
The rules state that you can't run one truck in two classes, but........it's up to WPAC what WE do!

So this would mean that the tubers would have to be leaf sprung as well? A leaf sprung rig has a disadvantage to a four linked rig. 1.9's give next to no ground clearence. And tube chassis would look retarded with the littler tires. Just my $.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
To me scale means if I have to look twice to see that it is radio controlled it might just be a scaler
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman
I personally think we should look at how other more established clubs have there rules set up for this class. Then go from there. I think that would be the best route.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

for us in order to run in the scale class you have to have a ladder frame, like a bb51 or k2, or if its a tuber it should look like a real 1:1 rig. just my $.02.

sods
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:28 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sods
for us in order to run in the scale class you have to have a ladder frame, like a bb51 or k2, or if its a tuber it should look like a real 1:1 rig. just my $.02.

sods
That was my thoughts when I first opened this box of worms

I know a lot of the scalers consider a tuber scale as long as it looks it. I would hate to lump the scalers in with the 2.2 comp rigs.

Soooo many questions...
Old 03-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

We need to get more Supers in the club...
Old 03-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

oh, one more thing regarding the "scale" class.
we also require a chassis mounted steering servo.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #54
RCC Addict

The way SERCRC handled this was, tubers like Coles, and mascman would be 2.2 crawlers. Scale wasn't big when I was in it, but that is how tubers like the ones causing use issues were handled.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #55

here is my tlt i was out playin today[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

still needs work but i can atleast play with it everyonce and a while now

Last edited by hazzzy; 03-21-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Looks good. How do those tires perform?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Looks good
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyophio
So this would mean that the tubers would have to be leaf sprung as well? A leaf sprung rig has a disadvantage to a four linked rig.
I meant have leafs, frame rails or a scale looking tuber. Not tubers w/leafs. I think 4-link or leafs should be driver preference as long as it looks scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyophio
1.9's give next to no ground clearence. And tube chassis would look retarded with the littler tires. Just my $.02.
True, but it looks scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sods
I think that about sums it up, and with the frame mounted steering servo. Thanks Sods!

John you didn't open a can of worms. You got everybody talking and that's what we need, everybodies opinion so we all can come to an agreement. We'll figure it out sooner or later!

Hazzy it's looking pretty good. Did you get all the bugs worked out? How does it crawl? I have your tuber almost done. I'll need your tranny to finish it so I can see how to mount it. You'll be hearing from me in the next few days.

Anybody find any more spots? I haven't had time to go out scouting.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

So what I'm getting from all of this is that I'm only causing myself a disadvantage by adding all the extra weight to make it look scale because it won't be considered a scaler.

I should hack the body up and drop it as low as possible so it can compete with something like Coles that was designed with a very low center of gravity from the start?

No offense, but that wasn't the type of rig I wanted. I wanted as much body and realism as I could get, but that would most likely cause poor performance compared to the tuber.

I'm going to have to re-think what direction to go with my truck now.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #60

the tires are ok there only 4.75" tall but for what lil stuff i have to play with at my house there good

got a few inside shots had to cut the body kept poppin the bead when i pushed the tire into the body

if anyone wants to see the insides there on the photobucket

Last edited by hazzzy; 03-21-2007 at 01:04 PM.