Thread: W.Pa.C. May 20th GTG/Practice Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman View Post
So were going with the easy walk one? I'll get it alittle ready then
Go with that.

If we meet at the Post Office, the "E-Z walk" is only right around the bend. Will be easy to get everyone there after we set up the course.

Got the BMVII together Tom. Looks real nice with the old Chevy body huggin' the ground! What kind of battery did you run? I have mostly big stick packs and one smaller pack. I have the small pack on right now, but need to find a place to mount a stick pack.

John, who is going early to set up?
Me, Tom, you and Steve?
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

That will work. We will meet one of you at the Post Office an follow you down. Then we can have one person at the post office if someone needs directions.

Figure 8:30 am again. This is an early day for me. 1hour 49 min drive per Mapquest.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #83
Pebble Pounder

I ran a sub c cell 2/3 1500 brick Where the velcro was on front of frame .
if you come in coal run from 286 .you go pass the spot on your way to the post office .You have to climb a three foot bank to get up to it.
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
1hour 49 min drive per Mapquest.

john mapquest told my bro, matt, and me it would take like 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to apollo from matts shop. it took us like 45 minutes to get there.

I HATE MAPQUEST!!!!!!
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #85

i got my new sw2 today........also i was wondering if anyone from the club has some 2.2 tires on rims to trade for a pair of black maximizer 8 spoke black wheels bead locks with holy roller type rock rings and a set of imex swamp dogs maxx size that they would be intrested in trading at the meet ?.........................let me know and ill bring them wit me to comp on sunday.......1 of the 4 tires was slightly modifed not to bad but other 3 are perfect............and walking sucks lets go back to the place where the first meet was...
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #86
RCC Addict

i like the idea of the first place, as well!!! i'm to fat, lazy, and out of shape to walk!!!

i decided to start from the begining again on my rig build, but i worked on it a good bit tonite. tommorrow, i will hopefully make some decent progress on it, i definately think i will have it done for sunday!!

i just may have to reuse and older body, i don't know if i'll have time to paint everything, so as embarassing as it may be, the steel in my rig may be bare!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Phat...bring them. We can see what we can do.

Bad news last night. Testing the Super with a MPI reg and noticed the rear axle slipping. Pulled it apart and the found that the RC4wd TracGear was stripped clean. Panic time...
Old 05-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor rc View Post
john mapquest told my bro, matt, and me it would take like 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to apollo from matts shop. it took us like 45 minutes to get there.

I HATE MAPQUEST!!!!!!

Told me 1 hr 50 min to get to WV and I made it in a little under 1 1/2. I was planning on makeing it for the driver's meeting and ended up setting up the course!

Ran the BMVII this morning under the Apollo Bridge...very similar to WV.

I'm liking it!
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
i like the idea of the first place, as well!!! i'm to fat, lazy, and out of shape to walk!!!

i just may have to reuse and older body, i don't know if i'll have time to paint everything, so as embarassing as it may be, the steel in my rig may be bare!!!
1, 5 or 10 min walk don'y matter to me. I can walk all day, it's running I don't like! Plus my wingtote has wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I can powdercoat that 4 ya! Prolly not before this weekend unless we meet up.

Looks like there's gonna be alot of new rigs this weekend. Can't wait to see how they do. Hopefully my new super will be done- *DA RoKSTAR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor rc View Post
like 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to apollo from matts shop. it took us like 45 minutes to get there.
Mapquest thinks everybody drives like old people! And good to see you got that tlt all together. Did you run it yet?
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Phat...bring them. We can see what we can do.

Bad news last night. Testing the Super with a MPI reg and noticed the rear axle slipping. Pulled it apart and the found that the RC4wd TracGear was stripped clean. Panic time...
That is why you should always use only JBweld on TXT diffs. Or machine a nice solid spool. Or join us cool kids who have a pair of spare axles ready to drop in haha!

For those wanting to run questionable bodies, brining them and run them this time. However, these are practice comps to prepare those who have not done this for the real deal. Now is the time to clear things up before John starts handing out complexes to those in power.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
...Now is the time to clear things up before John starts handing out complexes to those in power.
The Fantastic Four will be in place in 5 days...
Old 05-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles View Post
Mapquest thinks everybody drives like old people! And good to see you got that tlt all together. Did you run it yet?
true, yes i have ran it. i DON'T need a 20 turn freaking motor.

it runs pretty good!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

John

I have a rc4wd derlin tracgear nib.If you need it.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman View Post
John

I have a rc4wd derlin tracgear nib.If you need it.
Thanks...but I need the one for the TXT axles not the Clods...:-(
Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

well heres some pics of frankenstein on the comp trail before i started working on it!!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #96
Pebble Pounder

[quote=STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER;704020]i like the idea of the first place, as well!!! i'm to fat, lazy, and out of shape to walk!!!

If you want to go to caparis .Then go If you can't walk aleast a minute.Maybe take up bingo? I don't see anyone else trying to find any spots?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #97
Pebble Pounder

[quote=mascman;704131]Told me 1 hr 50 min to get to WV and I made it in a little under 1 1/2. I was planning on makeing it for the driver's meeting and ended up setting up the course!

Ran the BMVII this morning under the Apollo Bridge...very similar to WV.

We can run their a gtg if needed.I should check it out someday
Old 05-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #98

hey i kno this kinda dosent go along with what the discussion is all about but im looking to buy a set of wideners for my tlt and my brothers but b4 i go and buy a new sets dose anyone have 2 sets they would be willing to sell to me at the meet ill be there early i hope as long as i dont get lost lol if anyone dose ill try to get them b4 the comp and get them on our rigs even if i buy them from 2 diffrent ppl i need them for on mine and im buying my brothers for his b-day as part of his b-day gift which he already got lol

just send me a pm iff you got them with the price ty
hazzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #99
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzzy View Post
hey i kno this kinda dosent go along with what the discussion is all about but im looking to buy a set of wideners for my tlt and my brothers but b4 i go and buy a new sets dose anyone have 2 sets they would be willing to sell to me at the meet ill be there early i hope as long as i dont get lost lol if anyone dose ill try to get them b4 the comp and get them on our rigs even if i buy them from 2 diffrent ppl i need them for on mine and im buying my brothers for his b-day as part of his b-day gift which he already got lol

just send me a pm iff you got them with the price ty

or pm me with a price thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

[quote=Crawln Coles;704144]1, 5 or 10 min walk don'y matter to me. I can walk all day, it's running I don't like! Plus my wingtote has wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theirs a person thats into the sport? I ride 35 miles on my mtb every saturday anyways