Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: W.Pa.C. Car Show/RC Event May 19th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default W.Pa.C. Car Show/RC Event May 19th

This is just a heads up if anyone is interested in coming to this Family Festival. We, as a club, have been invited by AB Charles Hobby Shop to Exhibit what we do in their tent.
There is a rock area plus the grounds crew has offered, if the weather gets better, to move some rocks closer to the main area.
AB-C will be demoing the RC hobby with 1/18th scale that people can try. They will also be running Nitro and possibly some planes or Heli's.

See if you can make it for the festivities. I will be there for the 10 am start and will stay as long as it seem necessary. They had a great turnout last year.

Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

maybe if it wasnt so short of notice. :-( maybe next year john.
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor rc View Post
maybe if it wasnt so short of notice. :-( maybe next year john.

Just to let everyone know, this was a last minute situation. The Hobby Shop that was supposed to do it slowly started backing out due to other commitments. It was down to two "customers" of the Hobby Shop being there just flying planes. The organizers contacted AB-C to see if they wanted to do it this year. They were more than welcome to promote the hobby.

I just wanted to post it. I will be there for 10 am...not sure how long I will stay...at least noon, maybe longer.

John
Old 05-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

JOHN, LET US KNOW EARLIER NEXT YEAR!!!!
razor rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Just found out that the grass area that we were to set up at is a swamp. We are now moved to the parking lot...
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Finally getting to post some pics. Show had great turnout. We were not in a prime spot. Discussed with organizers. They are willing to do what ever it takes to make us come back. Rock pile, dirt track, better location.

I was parusing the car show when up ahead amongst the Cobras, Vettes, Jags, 50's cars...I see this

It is a 97 Grand Cherokee...He got tired of the doors bouncing back at him when he closed them after a day of wheeling. This is his first attempt and it was pretty impressive.

Some other things:

We shared an area with the Army...check out what they brought. I keep egging them on to see what it will do. Videos are coming.

Now to the exhibition:
AB-C brought a slot car track, a two course track for pedes and rustlers that they let kids run...man was that funny.

Next year is promised to be better...