Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Pennsylvania

Notices

Thread: W.Pa.C. Summer Series Comp #2 (July 15th)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat crawler View Post
only one rig per person? that is a real dumb idea i got more than one rig and i plan on running both so too bad for the guys that only have one truck if u need to speed up the comps then start the next person in line once the person in front is 50 percent through coarse .......i think we should vote before rules are just made.........i might make it to the dam
[QUOTE=Crawln Coles;754507]Yeah, that rule sucks...............guess I have to focus on 1 comp rig!

U guys are killen me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I allowed to run theese:[QUOTE=Crawln Coles;754507]

The part I think John left out is you can only run 1 rig per CLASS. This means only 1x super, 1x 2.2, and 1x scaler can be entered per person. This is not a rule we vote on...this is a USRCCA rule. Sorry, but you are only allowed 1 rig per class, non-negotiable rule here.

On the note of speeding up comps... please be READY to RUN. Do try your best to make sure everything is in running order before the comp. Things will happen, but don't make a habit out of fixing your truck before you run.

After you are done running, please, stick around and help out. Ever time we have meet, and other than a small group, everyone runs off before the comp is over. Prior to Ohiopyle, the supers were pretty much running alone, and because of this Supers will always run first so we can run with full support of the club. I would like to have 2.2s going first as they are the biggest class, but until more people stick around to help with 2.2s, the supers will be going first so I can be free to help run the 2.2 comp.

Coles, I really don't see why you can't run those tires. I need to review the rules, but since Jordans are allowed (as far as I know) you should be able to run those.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default mudd butt rule #1

i am lucky if i can get my 2.2 or super going for a comp but i do not want to see people only able to run one rig per class. that rule is the worst rule i have heard of to date. i know you state that it is not a rule to be voted on but that is not too fair now is it? do we follow all the USRCCA rules? maybe we do, maybe we don't? i can see how running multiple rigs would slow down a comp a bit if there were many members , all being super slow, careful drivers but in our club the time factor isn't an issue. we only have been running 4 or so gates so we move along quickly other than the repair issues some of us have been having (myself included). i would like to see more gates in our future comps but that is a minor issue. i don't pay this close attention to the rules as i know i should. in my opinion if there is a limit on number of rigs, it should be allowing at least 2 rigs. i bring one 2.2 to run and usually break something, then end up spectating. times like those made me wish i had a second rig to run. needless to say, i started a new 2.2 project. i am 95% done. then i log on rcc to read this rule. i would like to see this rule become negotiable. that would be the fair way to go about this important issue. we could have everyone on rcc vote. if this rule sticks as one rig per class i would like to see our local club bend that rule. if not you may be seeing phat crawler and i in disguise to run our second rigs. what else can we do.......other than quit or make our own club. now how lame would that be????

LETS VOTE ON IT...
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #23

i think that this club has become one sided anymore. there are more than 2 people in this club . and busted if im killen you then step down. we can get some one a little less anal about the club rules. were in pa not colorado or the moab. were a small club and everyone thinks they can just change stuff up half way through the season . this one rig per class is so so so stupid. if you cant afford it or have time for another rig then dont try to stop me or others from running more than 1 . ive supported this club from the begaining i was one of the originals before the first meet .....im tired of none listening to me the club needs some management change
phat crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #24

were a small club we dont need the rule police busting everyones nuts. im running more than one rig per class and if you dont like it quit or dont come we dont need the criticism were here for fun i have put so much time in my rigs and alot of $$$$$$ dont tell me what i can and cant do its all for fun
Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #25

:smile:
Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I think you should be able to run as many as you want.Since the club is kinda small and not really big turnouts right now.Any some people have a far haul to comps to run only one rig and break and be done.At least the club is getting more money towards it with more rigs.And remeber its all about having a good time to?
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Angry This was supposed to be fun.

Quote:
were a small club ......... its all for fun
Somehow it starting to not seem fun anymore I joined for the fun of it, that's it, fun. If it's going to become how much money you can throw around that sucks This is supposed to be a all ages club. I know for sure that some adults could go build crazy and bury the better part if the club. What fun would that be ???????? If this was based on the National rule set then that's the way it should be. Can you imagine if Bender ran more than one rig per class What would be the point in coming to a comp. Bring your best rig and if it sucks it sucks, bring a different one next time.

DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #28

it is for fun thats what im saying but i i have 2 rigs and im running both of them who is busted to say i cant. i dont care about the rules of some other club we are are own club we try to follow others guideline but some people are just flying off with rules in the middle of the season . its as if they think they can just change stuff about the club on there own ...this is a club i think we need a management change cause every problem we have has been handled poorly so far in my eyes.... this is a democracy a club and its called w.pa.c we need change

Last edited by phat crawler; 07-03-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I am going to try and make it up. I will be running a 2.2 and my son will run his 2.2. He is only 4, but he drives really well. I hope this will be okay. He and I can go last if need be!!

A couple questions a few other guys had before coming up!!

Cost to enter?

Exact directions?

Bathrooms and food/drink places close by?

Also...for those that want to run more than one truck. My suggestion would be to bring some extra markers and leave them on the courses after there done. Then after the comp, you and others can hang out and run your other trucks for fun. I'll bring a couple extra truck too!!

Thanks
Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCMAN View Post
If it's going to become how much money you can throw around that sucks
i do agree with that, some of us have other financial obligations, like families and homes...

Quote:
I know for sure that some adults could go build crazy and bury the better part if the club.
not true, just because you can throw $1000 at each rig you have does'nt mean you won't STILL get schooled by the guy with a bare-bones set-up that is just a better driver....

also, i don't mind people running 2 trucks per class IF the turnout is say less than maybe 10 or 15 people, but if we start getting more than say 15, then the one truck rule should be strictly enforced...

another thing, if it is a points series, you would have to determine which truck you want to count for your points standing! that's where running more than one truck can become unfair! just because someone can run 2 trucks in the same class, doesn't mean that they should get points counted for both of them!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Talking rcc police crackin' down...LOL

Thats what I'm sayin' . running one rig per class in our club would go by so quickly, what would be the point of people traveling from far and near to run one 2.2, scaler and super. i live close to most places we go but what about everyone else who have to travel??? i have to ask, it doesn't seem fair, does it? although phat crawler doesn't always come off the sweetest, he has a point. we are a small club and we are no where near the size of most west coast n Midwest have. phat C wants to see the club grow in positive ways as well as the rest of us. neither of us are bad apples trying to start sh!t . we weren't trying to do anything more than let everyone know how we feel. this is an important issue @ hand about the number of rigs allowed per class. I'm glad so many people are posting up they're opinions. thats what it's about. we are looking for a simple solution for our club plain & simple. i can see following the rules as far as back ups, hitting a cone, roll overs and so on but this rule is set for the bigger clubs and longer courses. we so far have run short courses and our club is no where near crowded. we usually have plenty of time left over. i joined the club for the fun of it & to run my rigs in the comps i expected to compete in. it is definitely not all about $$$ money $$$. i am living proof of that. my piece of stick was the sh!t when it was simple. then i wanted to make some improvements. the extra i put into it hasn't benefited me one bit. so far it made it to two comps n let me down both times. i am in the process of re-working my rig again. if i had a second unlimited comp rig i would have been able to at least compete. i do not agree to the one rig policy as i stated in my earlier post but if this rule sticks for our club... i say we should at least have the option to run our second rig as back up if our first rig breaks. monster trucks, nascar,rally,mx,stunt riders and I'm sure i left many out have that option. it doesn't always end up the most expensive rig winning the comp. each comp is different and as we all know one rig may kick @ss at one comp and fall on its face the next. thats what i like about this sport. everyone has a chance to shine. mashers/ moabs. 10in wheelbase / 12.5 wheelbase. 40 series rims/ maxx size rims.14in wheelbase/17in wheelbase. brushed /brushless.stick packs/li-po's/custom built matched packs. see where I'm going here? complex or simple, young or old, you have a chance. what does doesn't necessarily mean thats whats best for our local club. lets do whats best for our club and have a vote on it. we live in America. we work off of the voting system. we should here as well, don't you think?
ps.FTP
Old 07-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
i do agree with that, some of us have other financial obligations, like families and homes...

not true, just because you can throw $1000 at each rig you have does'nt mean you won't STILL get schooled by the guy with a bare-bones set-up that is just a better driver....

also, i don't mind people running 2 trucks per class IF the turnout is say less than maybe 10 or 15 people, but if we start getting more than say 15, then the one truck rule should be strictly enforced...

another thing, if it is a points series, you would have to determine which truck you want to count for your points standing! that's where running more than one truck can become unfair! just because someone can run 2 trucks in the same class, doesn't mean that they should get points counted for both of them!!!
I agree for sure. I definitely agree that one rig should only count for points. Also Why not have non-point counting gtg's like before the points comps?????? Everyone could run as many rigs as they wanted and we could still keep score just for bragging rights
Old 07-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Default points system, good point.

like you said. if it is a points series, you would have to determine which truck you want to count for your points standing! that's where running more than one truck can become unfair! just because someone can run 2 trucks in the same class, doesn't mean that they should get points counted for both of them!!!
like i said b4, if you have two comparable rigs, one may do better one comp and DNA the next. you never know. a one rig limit is total b.s. two rig limit seems @ least fair to both sides. the better score out of the two rigs you run in that class keep. sound fair & simple enough? what do you guys think?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StIcK kInG View Post
the better score out of the two rigs you run in that class keep. sound fair & simple enough? what do you guys think?
no, i was thinking more along the lines of you would have to determine which truck gets points BEFORE any runs are made.

running both, then deciding which truck score you want to keep is DEFINATELY NOT FAIR to the guys that only have run truck to run. it's almost like getting a do-over with your second truck!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
like you said. if it is a points series, you would have to determine which truck you want to count for your points standing! that's where running more than one truck can become unfair! just because someone can run 2 trucks in the same class, doesn't mean that they should get points counted for both of them!!!
like i said b4, if you have two comparable rigs, one may do better one comp and DNA the next. you never know. a one rig limit is total b.s. two rig limit seems @ least fair to both sides. the better score out of the two rigs you run in that class keep. sound fair & simple enough? what do you guys think?
Quote:
no, i was thinking more along the lines of you would have to determine which truck gets points BEFORE any runs are made.

running both, then deciding which truck score you want to keep is DEFINATELY NOT FAIR to the guys that only have run truck to run. it's almost like getting a do-over with your second truck!!!
Ok StIcK kInG I see where you are coming from. But I do agree that it is like taking the best score from your best run, or like a do over. If that is the decision all competitors would have to run the course X equal times; wether it be with the same truck or not. There still would have to be a rig limit, if someone pulls out 3+ rigs in the same class 3 runs x each competitor .
Man that would be a long comp. Just a thought Anyway lets keep it :-P
See you guys at ABC or on the 15th.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
i am lucky if i can get my 2.2 or super going for a comp but i do not want to see people only able to run one rig per class. that rule is the worst rule i have heard of to date. i know you state that it is not a rule to be voted on but that is not too fair now is it? do we follow all the USRCCA rules? maybe we do, maybe we don't? i can see how running multiple rigs would slow down a comp a bit if there were many members , all being super slow, careful drivers but in our club the time factor isn't an issue. we only have been running 4 or so gates so we move along quickly other than the repair issues some of us have been having (myself included). i would like to see more gates in our future comps but that is a minor issue.

needless to say, i started a new 2.2 project. i am 95% done. then i log on rcc to read this rule. i would like to see this rule become negotiable. that would be the fair way to go about this important issue. we could have everyone on rcc vote. if this rule sticks as one rig per class i would like to see our local club bend that rule.

I will be addressing each reply individually so be patient.

The fact that there have been a lot of break downs that could have been spotted/sorted out prior to the comp is slowing us down. Not the multiple rigs per driver per class.

You were one of the ones that missed out at Casparis, due to getting shut down, in seeing what was laid out for a course. 2 courses of 6 or 7 gates to be run, with a final shoot out for the top 5 in each class to be run afterwards of 10 gates. Ohiopyle was very short due to all the time lost driving around.

USRCCA rules have been voted on by "RCC". Members from every club, big or small all across the US have a rep that reports to the USRCCA committee. All rules are discussed, and voted on by this committee on behalf of their clubs and all members of RCC.

Maybe we can bend this rule, but it is a rule that allows for a very unfair advantage. You are asking to be allowed to cheat, plain and simple. FOr example:

Do you think it would be fair for me to enter 2 identical trucks to run in the super class?

Think about it...I would have 2 chances to run the same course with the "same" truck. Is that fair to everyone? Having 2 or more rigs in a class allows a driver to prerun a course.

Looking at the big picture, next year we will be eligible for Nationals. There are 2 invites per class per club. If one person ends up 1 and 2 in a class that person removes the chance for someone else to goto Nationals. This summer going to the PA State Championships, SVSC runs USRCCA rules, and there will be a lot more people. That will have to be 1 rig per class per person.

Now for our comps, I am sure, since this is such a big issue something can be arranged. But it will have to be fair to those who do not get the chance to prerun the course via multiple entries, and fair to those who want to run more than 1 rig.

In the mean time, I would worry about everyone having a rig that is ready to go when their name is called.

Last edited by bustedcrawler; 07-03-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
i think that this club has become one sided anymore. there are more than 2 people in this club . and busted if im killen you then step down. we can get some one a little less anal about the club rules. were in pa not colorado or the moab. were a small club and everyone thinks they can just change stuff up half way through the season . this one rig per class is so so so stupid. if you cant afford it or have time for another rig then dont try to stop me or others from running more than 1 . ive supported this club from the begaining i was one of the originals before the first meet .....im tired of none listening to me the club needs some management change
You not killing me at all. I catch more and worse **** talk everyday in my job. I am not worried about you being upset. I can understand it to a degree.

Yes, this is not CO, or any of the other clubs I have been in. But, having been in small clubs that grew, I can see where we will end up. I can see where people will be invited to go.

I have a question for you? Since I am killing you with this rule, can you bring a truck ready to rock and roll to a comp, not needing anything other than to turn on the switches to compete with? If not maybe you should focus on one rig. Not trying to bust your balls, just trying to show how so so so stupid it is to single out those with 1 rig by saying we can not afford it or that we do not have the time for it.

I personally choose to focus on 1 rig, to make it a Nationals contender, and an all day basher. That is why I know where my weak links are, and I am always ready to goto a GTG or a comp. But that is just me, and my personal preference.

I have been very supportive of this club also, and have not missed any form of club activity. I am interested in what you have been saying that has been missed by the club?

If you think management is bad, why did you vote for those of us in the positions? Why did you not vote yourself in? Again, not trying to bust your balls, just trying to fully understand where you are coming from.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
were a small club we dont need the rule police busting everyones nuts. im running more than one rig per class and if you dont like it quit or dont come we dont need the criticism were here for fun i have put so much time in my rigs and alot of $$$$$$ dont tell me what i can and cant do its all for fun
Well then, if it is that big of a deal then I can back off. Just dont take the Nationals invite if you get it. You think I am a rules Nazi...wait til you goto a comp with some of the bigger clubs or the Nationals. You will think I didn't even use a rule book.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakman View Post
I think you should be able to run as many as you want.Since the club is kinda small and not really big turnouts right now.Any some people have a far haul to comps to run only one rig and break and be done.At least the club is getting more money towards it with more rigs.And remeber its all about having a good time to?
Once again, if this is such a big deal, we can modify the USRCCA rules to fit our needs. But once again, how to solve the unfair advantage of pre-running the course gain by those with more than one rig. Ideas?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Somehow it starting to not seem fun anymore I joined for the fun of it, that's it, fun. If it's going to become how much money you can throw around that sucks This is supposed to be a all ages club. I know for sure that some adults could go build crazy and bury the better part if the club. What fun would that be ???????? If this was based on the National rule set then that's the way it should be. Can you imagine if Bender ran more than one rig per class What would be the point in coming to a comp. Bring your best rig and if it sucks it sucks, bring a different one next time.

I can tell you for a FACT, Bender runs 1 and only 1 rig per class. As mentioned before, this 1 rig per class rule was voted on by USRCCA, the national organization.

I am not sure how you can comment on there being too much money thrown around when you are for having more than 1 rig per class. 1 rig is money enough, much less 2 or 3 per class.

I think you are starting to see where I am coming from. I want everyone to bring there best rig to compete with. Afterwards, then let's thrown down with some good ole fashioned follow the leader with how ever man rigs you want to bring and run.