RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   PRO-LINE By the Fire (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pro-line-fire/)
-   -   Pro-Line By The Fire Event 2018 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/pro-line-fire/595269-pro-line-fire-event-2018-a.html)

rcjunky3 05-15-2018 10:07 PM

Re: Pro-Line By The Fire Event 2018

camping is included for friday night as well and i cant guarantee the gate will be open thursday night as the city comes along and locks it at night. there is not a number to call for the campgrounds so to speak as this is a city ran park. and yes there is lots and lots of room outside the fence line to the right to camp out

HumboldtEF 05-16-2018 10:36 AM

I spoke to someone this morning about reserving a camp spot and they emailed a form that needs to be filled out. I'm hoping they will be able to approve it before we show up tomorrow.

Thanks for that Col Sanders! I was wondering If I'd be able to charge any batteries on Friday

Natedog 05-16-2018 10:40 AM

I filled out the form, scanned it, emailed to Apple Valley city employee's name listed to send to and we'll see. Prefer not to pick up and move camp once set up, but whatever works out. :ror: :)

Thanks for finding the form and all Casey!

Natedog 05-16-2018 04:15 PM

Where will the designated Pro-Line event camping be?

Browneye 05-16-2018 04:46 PM

I asked Ernie to save us a spot in the group camp - preferrably so we can block the 10-15mph westerly breeze that is ALWAYS blowing up there. LOL
We're 32' and our friends have a duramax and 20' trailer.
A BIIIIIIGGGGGG circle. :mrgreen:

Watch for us mid-Friday morning.

We have a portable fire pit, and a couple of ez-ups, tables, etc.

CODYBOY 05-16-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5832512)
I asked Ernie to save us a spot in the group camp - preferrably so we can block the 10-15mph westerly breeze that is ALWAYS blowing up there. LOL

I spoke with Don Hughes today and he assured me that we would be able to set up our camp inside the gate on Thursday. Here's hoping! "thumbsup"
Ernie
Do you think we will need Ward Bond there to help us circle the wagons??? "Wagons HOOOO" :lmao: Yes I'm that old!!"thumbsup"

rcjunky3 05-16-2018 11:42 PM

as for the question about the designated camping area, when pulling into the park just stay to the left as the paved driveway splits and then as you approach the block permanent bathrooms keep to the left side of the white horse arena. that area is the camping.

Browneye 05-17-2018 11:17 AM

How was the trip down Ernie? You've been camping out there since yesterday?
There's a lot of BLM land out there, or private land that is uninhabited that you can just squat on, dry lakes, dirt road pull offs, etc. Especially as you head east from there on hwy 18. We've been offroading out therefor the past 20 years.

How 'bout a dump station? Is there one there? If not there's a nice little RV park just down on Bear Valley Road that you can stop in and dump tanks. $10 IIRC. Also a secure place to stay/camp. Can't recall the name of it...

Google-earth shot of the facility shows a lot. We'll be up there in the morning. "thumbsup"

CODYBOY 05-17-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5832722)
How was the trip down Ernie? You've been camping out there since yesterday?
There's a lot of BLM land out there, or private land that is uninhabited that you can just squat on, dry lakes, dirt road pull offs, etc. Especially as you head east from there on hwy 18. We've been offroading out therefor the past 20 years.

How 'bout a dump station? Is there one there? If not there's a nice little RV park just down on Bear Valley Road that you can stop in and dump tanks. $10 IIRC. Also a secure place to stay/camp. Can't recall the name of it...

Google-earth shot of the facility shows a lot. We'll be up there in the morning. "thumbsup"

Hey Chris, no we stayed at a cool RV park in Lone Pine last night, but are here now. Don Hughes will be here at about 2:00 and we will figure out for sure where to set up Camp. See some of you this evening and some of you in the morning. About 900 miles for us, whew!!! "thumbsup"
Ernie

Col_Sanders 05-17-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5832512)

Last time I went I set up my ez up behind my truck. I staked the two legs closest to the tailgate down and as I turned around to go to the other legs, a gust of wind hit and flipped the awning up on top of my truck (2 year old Ram 2500), destroying the awning, denting the roof of my truck, and scratching the rear corner panel up. :oops:

I have sandbags this time. :ror:

BAD RC 05-17-2018 09:02 PM

Wind only blows twice a year here. For 6 month it blows from the south, the next 6 months from the north. LoL!!!

SENT from THE DARK SIDE of THE MOON

Shinchu 05-18-2018 10:55 AM

*quickly adds "sandbags" to list of things to bring so tent doesn't flip, and maybe "staple gun" so my sons hat wont fly off*

Frank211 05-20-2018 02:41 PM

Had a blast for the few mins we crawled for ! Meet some nice fellas from here ! http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180520/x66gg3fp.jpg

Again next year , and here too, of course.....lol !

rcjunky3 05-20-2018 06:41 PM

Paul Willhite and Pro-Line Racing the Westcoast Rc Crawlers just want to give a huge thanks for the opportunity to be part of putting the Pro-Line By The Fire 2018 event together for the R/C community. its alot of behind the scenes work leading up to and during this event but for us its well worth it when we see all the happy faces and moments like handing that little boy the RC4WD Gelande kit and listening to the crowd erupt. Westcoast enjoys putting together the raffles and being able to give back to the crawling community. between the prizes and kits we purchased along with the the kits and support we received from the other sponsors we handed out a total of 11 kits yesterday and tons of parts, big thanks to all the vendors and sponsors for making this happen Axial Racing, Wertymade, Horizon Hobby, Vaterra RC, Krawler Konceptz, Lunsford Racing, Knight Customs, Heyok Performance, Reefs Rc, Hobbywing North America, SKG rc painting, Bucks Unique Customs, Roberts RC, HPI Racing, b&b racing designs, powershft rc technologies, MIP, Team KNK, AMain Hobbies, Exclusive RC - Custom Fab, Paint, & Scale Accessories, RPP Hobby, RC4WD San Diego Scalers, Team Yonkes R/C, Interco Tire Corporation, Pro-Line Racing, anytime our entrants have a chance please thank these companies as raffles like we put together would not happen if it wasnt for the support from these great companies. also a big shoutout to Big Daddys snack shack for showing up both days and having some really good food

OSRC 05-20-2018 07:26 PM

Sounds like a good time from what I've been reading.

Lots of proline fans on the east coast. I'm just sayin....

Browneye 05-21-2018 10:20 AM

I saw a LOT of people having a REALLY GREAT TIME! Thank you all that sponsored to make this event a must-see.

The trail route was just awesome. It was worth the price of admission to run the pre-marked trail - so much fun!

See y'all next year!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Cars/003_5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...20Cars/011.jpg

ferp420 05-21-2018 11:26 AM

I almost dident go i had installed a clutch in the car friday night and was beat my girlfreind wouldent let me stay home i woke up saterday morning and sead screw it my girlfreind packed a back pack and sead were going and off we went less than a hour from wake up to on the road for a 6 hour drive other than being totaly exhausted and it seemed every rig i took out broke right away except the ms16 it went all weekend on one battery and ran for hours i did had a good time my only issue was the lack of parts suport i know its hard to guess what everyone needs its not like axial fest were everyone is running simmiler trucks but still axial was there they should have brought some parts with them i see why they do so many comps out there its too easy to get to the spot and theres alot of crawlable rocks right there by the parking lot

Shinchu 05-21-2018 11:41 AM

SECONDED!
Thank you to EVERYONE who organized, coordinated, volunteered, donated, spilled blood (somebody had to?), anyone who did the slightest little thing to make this all happen...

THANK YOU!!!!
the raffle was awesome (but i think we all heard "RED TICKET" way too often! LOL) and yes the looks on the winners faces made it cool for everyone.

it was my first ever event (i haven't even crawled with anyone besides my son until now) and it was an absolute BLAST! you got a regular here, guaranteed i will be at this event every year! my father in law, who has a yeti, is convinced now that he has the wrong rig and will be building a crawler to come back next year as well! my son, at 9 years old equipped with his nearly STOCK Barrage, was blasting up the hills (left his pop in the dust!), keeping up with rigs that cost easily twice the amount of his. HE LOVED IT!

The ASCENDER crew, you know who you are ;) you are all incredible and i consider you guys (and gals!) my "other family". the feeling of welcome and helpful nature was so well received. Rick, my father in law was very happy to have met you all and was certain any of you would give the shirt off your backs without hesitation. rare to meet folks like you these days, and we appreciate it and will do our best to carry on that spirit at any event or local crawl we attend. ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE!!!!!
*did we forget a big group photo?!

one last shout out to my home team... i wasn't repping the shirt this year (we need to fix that pronto, see you on facebook!) but SD SCALERS you guys came out in full force and made me PROUD to be a SAN DIEGAN!!!!!
i stopped and talk to a few of you throughout the event. i was the guy with the brown ford on the tiny 1.55 dirt grabbers ;) see you guys at Del Cerro!

Col_Sanders 05-21-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 5834058)
I almost dident go i had installed a clutch in the car friday night and was beat my girlfreind wouldent let me stay home i woke up saterday morning and sead screw it my girlfreind packed a back pack and sead were going and off we went less than a hour from wake up to on the road for a 6 hour drive other than being totaly exhausted and it seemed every rig i took out broke right away except the ms16 it went all weekend on one battery and ran for hours i did had a good time my only issue was the lack of parts suport i know its hard to guess what everyone needs its not like axial fest were everyone is running simmiler trucks but still axial was there they should have brought some parts with them i see why they do so many comps out there its too easy to get to the spot and theres alot of crawlable rocks right there by the parking lot

I was surprised that most of the sponsors were there but not selling parts. I wish I could have helped you out. I brought tons of spare parts, even for vehicles that I didnt take.

Pro-Line had some smoking deals and I bought a lot of stuff from them.

Frank211 05-21-2018 02:34 PM

If yall like to see a quick vid before more rigs came in to the picture.
Way more rigs came out that day.
https://youtu.be/e-gR2e5p4ZQ
After I took this thats when the guys came in to the pic ... LOL