Default Re: 2018"Pro-line By the Fire" photos

Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Seeing all the pics makes me really want to get out there for the next Proline event.

I asked my daughter what she thought about going out to California to drive tiny trucks. When I told her it would only take 3 days to drive there, she was less than enthralled with the idea. Maybe one day.
At $400 airfare RDU to LAX I think flying may trump six days of driving for a weekend...
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

just gotta figure out how to bring six rigs, 12 lipo's, pit box, clothes, snacks, all in your carry-on
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
just gotta figure out how to bring six rigs, 12 lipo's, pit box, clothes, snacks, all in your carry-on
Nope, I'll just ship it all to you and you can bring it out.

Right? Buddy?

Last edited by 2mtech; 05-24-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That was one of the contributing factors for me. Shipping was one option and checking a couple in suitcases was another but that was still another $100+ on top of airfare, rental car and figuring out sleeping arrangements. Bachelor life Ryan woulda been there with days to spare on either side. Family life Ryan has "responsibilities" and "can't just go play tiny trucks in California for a week". Details...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i took one look at that rail, my tiny tires, and my 3D printed grill and said NNNNNOPE! lol

still very cool. my son tried and fell off halfway with his barrage. i missed it but he bent an axle falling off something similar later. thanks to soft Chinese axles i was able to bend it back straight lol
Yeah I understand that, I probably would have passed on it too if I had been running my CMAX FJ40, it tended to touch down pretty roughly (going down the slide).
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:58 AM   #27
RCC Addict

You get two checked bags with Southwest. That's at least enough room for 4 trucks, clothes, tools, spare parts, etc. Its about a 3 hour drive from Vegas and flights here are usually pretty cheap.

I couldn't believe the RTR won the show n shine. Cool rig but its stock.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Dean, I have a extra large shirt for you but you need to PM me your address again.
Ernie
Ernie, do you ever stop giving?

Thanks so much for thinking of me re the shirt, but I see HumboldtEF asking for one too in the chit chat forum, please give him the shirt you are holding for me!
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:03 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Nope, I'll just ship it all to you and you can bring it out.

Right? Buddy?
I have a big porch and a ring doorbell cam so... SEND IT!!!
Old 05-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have a big porch and a ring doorbell cam so... SEND IT!!!
You da man ;)

It did occur to me that we could drive my new Civic out there and back for just north of $300 for gas. Drove to Yellowstone last summer so road trips are not a major problem.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti.stealth View Post
Ernie, do you ever stop giving?

Thanks so much for thinking of me re the shirt, but I see HumboldtEF asking for one too in the chit chat forum, please give him the shirt you are holding for me!
Very nice of you Dean! Ok, going to Casey, and I don't see it as giving, I see it as passing forward blessings that I have received!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I had a great time. My camping companions (Chris, Bill, Ernie, Nate, Casey - Cheri, Kim, Marcia, and friends Oscar & lady friend, Chris, Andrew and Rick) were all amazing, fun to talk to, generous, and welcoming!!!! We all broke bread together, shared home made spirits, blazed trails, supported each other when broken or pulling a rad line on the rocks, and most of all, had much fun!!!

I didn't take any pics so a big thank you to those who captured my rig.
It was great to meet you Frank211 . RCC member Confused (Mark and his sister) dropped by the Ascender camp to meet Natedog himself... such nice people, and very enthusiastic about the ascender and crawling in general.

Looking forward to the next event.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:36 PM   #33
RCC Addict

So when i went to the event, i wasnt expecting to meet the guys from here.
I was there for only like 2 to 3 hours before my battery ran out.

So after registration the show N shine was up, i was in the back just lookin at all the BADASS rigs,until THIS gang(LOL) walked up next to me with their AA t-shirts , i was like hey its the guys from the forum, COOL, so i said, y'all from the forum, and they all said yes , started to introduce all ourselves, Browneye,Natedog,Rockhugger,HumboldtEF. (The guy in the green shirt, sorry if i didn't get your name, if you're on this forum) After sNs we started to go up on the trails chatting , seeing scale items on the floor,LOL,(treasure chest found) until my lipo cut off went off, went to side to change the battery, had a problem with my body, didnt stay on HOT DAY messed it up(probably) i then went back down the trail to go try to fix it and get back up there, but i couldn't, i was bummed, so i left the event.

I only live about 20mins away, i could've went back, but way to bum'd about the situation. I went back Sunday hoping to meet up with the guy's, but no luck in finding yall. I took a couple of pics mostly from Sundays event.

For the little time i had chatting with them, great group of guy's ! Was GREAT meeting you guy's ! Hope to crawl with y'all next year !

Who ever else from here that was in the group, sorry we didnt meet !

My pics

Last edited by Frank211; 05-31-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
had a problem with my body, didnt stay on HOT DAY messed it up(probably) i then went back down the trail to go try to fix it and get back up there, but i couldn't, i was bummed, so i left the event.

I only live about 20mins away, i could've went back, but way to bum'd about the situation. I went back Sunday hoping to meet up with the guy's, but no luck in finding yall. I took a couple of pics mostly from Sundays event.
Ah shoot we should have shown you where our campsite was, we probably could have helped out. Anyway shoulda coulda doesn't really help.

Thanks for sharing the pics

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 06-01-2018 at 05:42 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I spoke with a few of you and drove around with you for a few minutes and didn't know it. I didn't see cat shirts
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
So when i went to the event, i wasnt expecting to meet the guys from here.
I was there for only like 2 to 3 hours before my battery ran out.

So after registration the show N shine was up, i was in the back just lookin at all the BADASS rigs,until THIS gang(LOL) walked up next to me with their AA t-shirts , i was like hey its the guys from the forum, COOL, so i said, y'all from the forum, and they all said yes , started to introduce all ourselves, Browneye,Natedog,Rockhugger,HumboldtEF. (The guy in the green shirt, sorry if i didn't get your name, if you're on this forum) After sNs we started to go up on the trails chatting , seeing scale items on the floor,LOL,(treasure chest found) until my lipo cut off went off, went to side to change the battery, had a problem with my body, didnt stay on HOT DAY messed it up(probably) i then went back down the trail to go try to fix it and get back up there, but i couldn't, i was bummed, so i left the event.

For the little time i had chatting with them, great group of guy's ! Was GREAT meeting you guy's ! Hope to crawl with y'all next year !

Who ever else from here that was in the group, sorry we didnt meet !

My pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I spoke with a few of you and drove around with you for a few minutes and didn't know it. I didn't see cat shirts

Sorry we missed you guys, would have loved to meet and chat with both of you. It was a great event!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Yeah sorry I didnt meet you I was most likely at the registration booth when you met the rest of the gang during show n shine.

We had chargers at camp and ernie practically brought his whole shop lol we had pretty much everything. Next year will be even better and hopefully we can give out shirts that say ASCENDERS ASSEMBLE: INFINITY TRAIL
LOLOLOL

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:00 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

Wow very cool pictures thank you all for sharing. Hopefully I can at least be a spectator next year.
#1 gen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Video from that event
https://youtu.be/tbJI0wfvy9E
Old 11-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Thanks Frank. Very cool. Can't wait for next year!!
We were just out there again for the Apple Valley RC Club's poker run last weekend - it was a blast.

Embedded for your viewing pleasure...

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

2018"Pro-line By the Fire" photos - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro-Line By The Fire Event 2018 Pro-Line Racing PRO-LINE By the Fire 60 06-03-2018 01:16 PM
Pro-Line By The Fire Event 2018 Pro-Line Racing California 9 05-07-2018 05:27 PM