Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > PRO-LINE By the Fire

Notices

Thread: Pro-line Racing 2019

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pro-line Racing 2019

This just looks like too much fun as well. Not sure if life/funds will allow, But will be trying my hardest to make sure I can make it out to this one.

Dig the retro theme.
quinn_thercdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Info on scale city

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:30 PM   #43

Wonder if the model strip club from beetle juice is inappropriate?
Pduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:33 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Tickets are on sale $45 ......
Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys, I just bought my ticket, so who's next!!!!???? First 150 get a price break!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I have suggested to my trio of crawlers that we should build a scale city building. They're in, but I need a basic concept for something... [shrug]
I told them it needs to be something you can drive thru for pictures.

3x3 is plenty of space. I need a theme....like Browneye Brewing Co keg works or something....Okay, I'm clueing into this...tap room, fermenters, grain silo, tasting room, I think I've got this.

Last edited by Browneye; 02-07-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
I have suggested to my trio of crawlers that we should build a scale city building. They're in, but I need a basic concept for something... [shrug]
I told them it needs to be something you can drive thru for pictures.

3x3 is plenty of space. I need a theme....like Browneye Brewing Co keg works or something....Okay, I'm clueing into this...tap room, fermenters, grain silo, tasting room, I think I've got this.
You Go Chris!!! I want to do something, but I don't want to haul it all the way from Oregon in my little covered wagon. Sooooo, don't think it will happen.
Ernie
Old 02-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

since its an 80's theme this year... i cant do it but i would LOVE to see a concert stage playing some hair metal! similar to the drive-in theater they had last year. BIG stage with scaffold/girders, giant (scale) speakers, lights, smoke machine, pyrotechnics, LASERS!? geez it would require a full-time staff (ROADIES)

yeah its ambitious ($$$) but consider the source lol

Chris your brewery sounds awesome. don't forget a mascot! (MEOW) maybe you could use 1:1 growlers as fermenting tanks? maybe a loading dock playing EASTBOUND AND DOWN from a small (concealed) Bluetooth speaker?
haha i get WAY too carried away with stuff... don't act surprised!

*almost forgot... consider my tickets bought. just need to consult with my in-home accountant incase of pending transactions elsewhere... ;)
(FYI there was a military discount last year... i think veterans count, at least i hope so!)

Last edited by Shinchu; 02-11-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #49
Gold Star Baby!

Ticket purchased. See y’all there!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #50
RCC Addict

A few details if you haven't seen them yet.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Who's gonna be there for Friday nights event ?

Old 03-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I will be there Friday night. The night events are the best, plus I tend to get cooked in the mid day sun.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Yup...like. LOL
Old 03-12-2019, 09:10 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Haha I will "like" your "like"!

So seems its shifted from Saturday/Sunday to Friday/Saturday?
Hmmm...
Gotta discuss this with team shinchu...
Still gotta get my tickets and convince Rick he needs a trx4 sport... ;)
Old 03-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #55
RCC Addict

We'll get there either Thursday afternoon or early Friday. Depends on whether we can take an extra day. Seems like at my age I should be able to do that, no???

We've been doing some more planning on a scale city building, but I'm having trouble getting motivated to actually build. The concept is a vintage brewery with either parking out front or a drive thru, tasting room, old building, fermenting chambers, cask storage, and all that. We have some LED lighting already, and some neat pictures for ideas. I was ready to cut a base and build some walls and trusses, then wifey pops up with "Where are you going to haul and store this thing? It needs to fold up flat for storage, put all the pieces away." Oh dayum, that makes it way more complicated. She's probly right. LOL

What I really need is an architect or engineer that can help me with plans and a layout. I can create and build, but the concept/basic layout plan can be a stumbling block for me.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

I had a hard enough time packing all of my toy trucks that fitting a doll house is just too much I think. I have a scale garage I could bring though its only finished on the inside, I may end up bringing smaller scale items like a canopy and little 3D printed items but probably not for the scale city.

Maybe the walls and structure can be secured together with magnets, zipties, or build in some dados. Maybe hot glue it together on site, just throwing some ideas out there.

I Have a big box full of crummy carpenter pencils (lead breaks really easy) that makes for a great tongue and groove look for walls
I also used an old appliance garage door for the garage door on the left, pencils are on the right.

I'd be happy to donate a bunch of the pencils if you wanted, they're too bad to give away as pencils.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 03-13-2019 at 12:42 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

wish i could contribute somehow... between burning it at both ends finishing the ford, trying to secretly work on "the other one" ;) and still finish my sons truck...

but to help out have you considered magnets and dowels? stuff could pop apart in seconds, and still be sturdy enough to take a couple oopsies by attendees in the scale city.
and for creativity, i like the drive-through idea. where i grew up in garden grove there was a drive though "convenience store". literally just drive in and pointed at what you want and they rang you up while you sat there in your car. i just went there on my BMX to get garbage pail kids and cigarette shaped bubble gum ;)

anyway something like that would be cool. AND period correct!

do you have a thread for this in the scale accessories section? i bet if you started one you'd get all kinds of help.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Thanks guys. Some good ideas there.
I'm thinking of a plywood base with a piano hinge for the sides, separate front with billboard sign, and a second level of roof rafters or the like. Open at the front and top.

I have some notes down, but really need to sit down and concentrate with a pad and pencil, architects scale.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Thanks guys. Some good ideas there.
I'm thinking of a plywood base with a piano hinge for the sides, separate front with billboard sign, and a second level of roof rafters or the like. Open at the front and top.

I have some notes down, but really need to sit down and concentrate with a pad and pencil, architects scale.

Hey Chris, I have two full garage bays dedicated to just a wood shop and I bet in a couple days we could come up with something pretty nice!! Don't let 15 hours of driving time stop you!!!!
You could pick up Chris and Casey on the way.
Ernie
Old 03-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Chris, I have two full garage bays dedicated to just a wood shop and I bet in a couple days we could come up with something pretty nice!! Don't let 15 hours of driving time stop you!!!!
You could pick up Chris and Casey on the way.
Ernie

Hey now...

I have no shortage of tools - I used to build wooden boats. LOL
I just have to engage my brain and these days it's simply recalcitrant.

Pro-line Racing 2019 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Stock Now!! NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-08-2018 12:08 PM
Open for PRE-ORDER - NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-23-2018 11:48 AM
In Stock - NEW Pro-Line Racing Ambush Clear Body with Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-02-2018 02:05 PM
Pre-Order - NEW Pro-Line Racing Ambush Clear Body with Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-28-2018 10:08 AM
In Stock - New Pro-Line Racing Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-12-2017 06:42 PM