Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > PRO-LINE By the Fire

Notices

Thread: Pro-line Racing 2019

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pro-line Racing 2019

I do think this was the best one yet. Seemed more organized and it was nice to have so many options for trails. I still think it should be 2 days though...
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #162
RCC Addict

We were there for Friday and Saturday, till Sunday, so it was 2 full days for us. But yeah, it should be officially both days. What a fantastic event for this hobby/sport.
The quality and depth of talent on display was inspiring to say the least.

Last edited by Browneye; 05-20-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #163
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
Found these on a facebook post by Randy Hubbard about the Pro-line by the fire event last weekend.
This is all I know.

This is cool. I was wondering when we might see a Dodge pickup of this era
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Here's an awesome rail slide that they setup this year. Unfortunately I was limping around a truck with shock towers that had just been super glued back together so I only got to watch Browneye, Codyboy and Oscar hit the slide since I wasn't feeling brave.

https://youtu.be/7C7hQxOoMcc
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:15 AM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Pickup my patootie! That there is a 70s RAMCHARGER!!!!
SUH WEEEEET!!!

My grandpop had an 89 (with a cummins to haul his... Not airstream but looked simular) but... Heh. You guys picking up what I'm putting down? Tribute build number 2???

Last edited by Shinchu; 05-21-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
Found these on a facebook post by Randy Hubbard about the Pro-line by the fire event last weekend.
This is all I know.

Wow love that Ram Charger body anyone know what chassis they had it on wondering what the wheel base for it will be.
RunningWithBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #167
RCC Addict

has anybody mentioned the axial scx2 6x6 yet?
i wasnt there but have seen a few pics on IG.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #168
Gold Star Baby!

Same, but haven’t heard if it’s a unicorn or a future release.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #169
Gold Star Baby!

Where’s that screen grab with the new tires in that stack? That looks an awful lot like one of them. Could be a good sign

** edit
Never mind looks like just the mog tires.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-21-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #170
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Where’s that screen grab with the new tires in that stack? That looks an awful lot like one of them. Could be a good sign
Yep, I recall someone pointing out that tire and speculating a 1.9 Bomber. IIRC that is the same tire.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
i wasnt there but have seen a few pics on IG.
Quote:
Same, but haven’t heard if it’s a unicorn or a future release.
Hmm, I did see this parked in the middle of all the booths for a bit, I was so focused on the 1:24 scale deadbolt that was placed in the bed that I didn't pay any attention to the 6x6. Since it was out in the open I though nothing of it and that it was just another custom build.

There's honestly so many amazing custom builds around that it becomes easy to just ignore what should deserve much more attention. In a sea of so many amazing builds they all start to blend in together and look "normal". Its a bit weird how that works out.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #172
Gold Star Baby!

The way that bed is molded over the shock towers makes me think it’s the real deal. Plastic tube cage like that would be tough to make a one off of also I’d think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Hmm, I did see this parked in the middle of all the booths for a bit, I was so focused on the 1:24 scale deadbolt that was placed in the bed that I didn't pay any attention to the 6x6. Since it was out in the open I though nothing of it and that it was just another custom build.

There's honestly so many amazing custom builds around that it becomes easy to just ignore what should deserve much more attention. In a sea of so many amazing builds they all start to blend in together and look "normal". Its a bit weird how that works out.
Understandable, especially consider Matt’s crazy mad max semi build!
Old 05-21-2019, 05:32 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

I hope the new axial 6x6 is real. I've been wanting a 6x6, and an axial rig, so this would check both boxes!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Damatheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #174
RCC Addict

I saw the 6x6 but didn't think anything of it. Just thought it was a custom build. I did not see the Ramcharger though. Its cool that they are giving us another Mopar option. When someone designs a good 3D grille (get with the times Pro-Line!), I might have to get that body for my Bronco.

The Element is impressive. I like that the trans has overdrive built in and it seems like they have fixed a lot of Axial's shortcomings. The parts included seem MUCH higher quality and the price is great. If SSD wasn't teasing their release, I would have already pre-ordered one.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

And one more Video of a trailrun with Browneye and Oscar

https://youtu.be/GaYeoPa7bS4

Old 05-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
it was a bit greener this time of year over last year (which was later in the year)

Show and shine Military truck top 3, The Rig with the tank on the trailer won 1st and Damatheus won 2nd with his Power Wagon. I didn't enter my Mammoth BC8 BTW

I forget if this was the 1.9 class or small tire class. My Bug got picked up by the judges and looked at for a second which was cool.

The Va-Blazer was holding up traffic in the scale city so there may have been a car tipping incident

Friday night crawl

I ran a few trucks Friday morning while it was pretty calm
Yes, thankfully it was cooler,greener than last year.

Damatheus truck was very well detailed and crawled great! Shoulda entered your BC8, but I know it's lots of trucks to carry/drive around.

Your bug was awesome too, loved the driver and 3d printed engine, reminded me of my old 1:1 Baja.

Hey, what the heck?!?!?!

Awesome crawling for hours everyday!

Quote:
There's just so much going on its hard to take it all in. They definitely need to make this a full 2 day event instead of cramming it all into Saturday, maybe even plan in some down time or breaks so people have a chance to rest and eat without missing out. I feel like I only scratched the surface of all the events they had.
Agreed, feel like needed more time for all the events and grab a bite to eat. Two days was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
I saw it crawling around there, kinda unimpressive just looked like stretched UMG10, hopefully more was done than stretch body and pass through axle housing.

Quote:
Never mind looks like just the mog tires.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I did not see the Ramcharger though. Its cool that they are giving us another Mopar option. When someone designs a good 3D grille (get with the times Pro-Line!), I might have to get that body for my Bronco.

The Element is impressive. I like that the trans has overdrive built in and it seems like they have fixed a lot of Axial's shortcomings. The parts included seem MUCH higher quality and the price is great. If SSD wasn't teasing their release, I would have already pre-ordered one.
Ya the grill and flat lexan (part of the body) headlight lenses were unimpressive, was hoping for better from Pro-Line. Their bodies are very hit and miss on detail and scale accuracy these days....more miss than hit.

Yes, Element has some nice looking stuff, dunno why the panhard chassis mount wasn't better reinforced (going to snap like Axial imo), frame end needs rotated 90* for better pivot angle too. Really like the tires and wheels, real beadlocks too, they'd look great in machined aluminum!

Last edited by Natedog; 05-22-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Saturday morning coffee and Vegimite on toast while I catch up on all this cool by the fire stuff!

The split paint job on the 6x6 is interesting, I bet they do that on all the prototypes, testing two colours at a time, photographing from different sides etc.

I like the new dodge proline body and separate canopy on the back. If it had a plastic scale grill I would end up just breaking it anyway.....

Thanks to all who posted pics and vids, very enjoyable!
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #178
RCC Addict

A quick video from PL event
https://youtu.be/9JyC23lwsn4

Last edited by Frank211; 08-14-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #179
RCC Addict

The FB page for 2020 is up as well.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Pro-line Racing 2019 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Stock Now!! NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-08-2018 12:08 PM
Open for PRE-ORDER - NEW Pro-Line Racing Pro-Spec Scaler Shocks! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-23-2018 11:48 AM
In Stock - NEW Pro-Line Racing Ambush Clear Body with Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-02-2018 02:05 PM
Pre-Order - NEW Pro-Line Racing Ambush Clear Body with Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-28-2018 10:08 AM
In Stock - New Pro-Line Racing Ridge-Line Trail Cage! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-12-2017 06:42 PM