Notices

Thread: Proline by the Fire 2020 | 5/16/20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Proline by the Fire 2020 | 5/16/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Bummer, I’m pretty sure you’re the only person on here I’ve ever met in person… Going to have to meet new people I guess, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try and hook up with Casey and or Natedog, they will take good care of you! They are a great group of guys and fun to be around.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #122
Gold Star Baby!

Just got the time approved off work so I’ll be there this year. I took the day before off this year so I don’t get held back with another late work night. Very excited. Most likely heading down Thursday afternoon, coming back Sunday.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #123
RCC Addict

Posted in the other thread....now actually going to take place September 1 - just a couple of months away now...
Anybody gonna show up??
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Posted in the other thread....now actually going to take place September 1 - just a couple of months away now...
Anybody gonna show up??
Where are you getting September 1st from? Everything i am seeing is September 24-25. That's what i made travel arrangements for anyways.
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Yeah, wrong date. Sept 24-25 is the currently planned event date at Horseman's Center.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:17 AM   #126
RCC Addict

Planning to arrive Thursday mid-day - any of our regular campers gonna be there?
Old 09-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #127
RCC Addict

Looks like I should be out there around noon on Friday. Just gonna pack light and sleep in the Jeep. I'll have my inverter with me if anyone needs to charge batteries or whatever. I'll probably be over in the trees because my ginger ass needs shade. Gray JLU Rubicon with 37s and bronze wheels.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:26 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Man, I'm so bummed I won't be able to make it this year!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:26 PM   #129

That's o.k. you didn't miss too much......(I'M LYING)...YOU MISSED ALOT!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
NUYORICAN420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Wish i couldve gone
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:08 AM   #131
Rock Crawler

This was my first big event. I dunno… after the $80+ ticket, fuel, and taking a day off work, I got home today pretty underwhelmed about the whole thing. I had no interest in the scale town, getting patches for whatever, or any of the events besides the poker run last night. Crawling was great, but I can do that for free anytime. Maybe I’m just an antisocial party pooper, but I don’t think I’ll be there next year. Either way, big thanks to LA Crawlers for letting me tag along with them. I did get one picture to prove I was there (with the mog)…
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:13 AM   #132
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
This was my first big event. I dunno… after the $80+ ticket, fuel, and taking a day off work, I got home today pretty underwhelmed about the whole thing. I had no interest in the scale town, getting patches for whatever, or any of the events besides the poker run last night. Crawling was great, but I can do that for free anytime. Maybe I’m just an antisocial party pooper, but I don’t think I’ll be there next year. Either way, big thanks to LA Crawlers for letting me tag along with them. I did get one picture to prove I was there (with the mog)…
Good lookin line up. ECC was my first event, had a blast! Im lookin at goin to scale nats this yr. They havin it at the same location as ECC was. Its about a hr or so drive for me. We'll see how it goes. But plbtf is a long way to go for me for just 2 days of crawlin
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #133
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's understandable.

I ended up leaving Saturday after the raffle. My buddy that I normally hang out with at by the fire moved and I didn't see any of the local Vegas guys. I'm not exactly Mr personality so I don't just make friends easily.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

Default Proline by the Fire 2020 | 5/16/20

Quote:

Yep, same here. We have a fairly large local event that I went to the week prior. 200-ish people, mostly the same activities, similar cost, but only a 45 minute drive from me. For as much as PLBTF is hyped, I expected WAY more. Definitely not worth $350 in gas, lol. I headed back to Oregon right after the show and shine, gave my raffle tickets to a camping neighbor. I liked the location though…

Oh, and I’m sorry but the “swag” was super weak…

Last edited by JSterrett; 09-26-2021 at 12:55 PM.
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #135
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Yep, same here. We have a fairly large local event that I went to the week prior. 200-ish people, mostly the same activities, similar cost, but only a 45 minute drive from me. For as much as PLBTF is hyped, I expected WAY more. Definitely not worth $350 in gas, lol. I headed back to Oregon right after the show and shine, gave my raffle tickets to a camping neighbor. I liked the location though…

Oh, and I’m sorry but the “swag” was super weak…

That was me lol

I've been to all but one of these and think 2019 was much better.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:30 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Default Proline by the Fire 2020 | 5/16/20

Aha! Now I have a face to associate with the forum member, lol

Did you get anything?

Last edited by JSterrett; 09-26-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #137
RCC Addict

I do have to admit the raffle was great. Lots of kits. I didn't win anything though
Old 09-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I do have to admit the raffle was great. Lots of kits. I didn't win anything though

Bummer

Old 09-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

im down the street and i dident go ether the entry fee isent bad if you include camping in that but im not camping so
since i get to crawl there anytime i want to and have better rocks at my house paying for 2 days of camping just dosent make sence
if there was a non camping fee ticket i might go again but for that price its just not worth it to me
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #140
RCC Addict

I hear you guys on the distance, cost, and activities. Our small group much prefers to just go there on any given weekend, camp out in the lower parking lot, and crawl the hills. It's a great place for RC trucks.

As we left, the wife asked, "What did you get for your $75?" I bought my ticket in January of 2020. Event cancelled twice. Saw maybe one mask the whole weekend. LOL Anyway, I said it's a big event and a lot to see and do, guided trails and competitions, even though most of which I have no interest in. I'm not a drag racer, or a 5K runner, or a weight puller, nor a show-topper - I just have trail trucks. Old Vaterra iron. If my RC buddy hadn't shown up we would have been bored. But we ate like kings, drank a lot of beer, and had a great time anyway.
As far as the event, it's hard to organize that many people - they claimed some 700 entrants. But 2019 was reported as about 475, and there weren't as many cars this time for the show-n-shine, so I dunno. The quality was way up on the rigs though, lots of detail and custom rigs - very cool to see.

In any case, there was a SORCA comp Saturday that I wanted to run, so got tech'd in and signed up, but it was so hot I was dizzy and couldn't stand there waiting any longer. There were three time-keepers so three on the course, but only 3 sections instead of the normal ten for a comp. And there were 8-10 rigs/drivers waiting on every one, so we stood in two lines for nearly two hours and finally gave up, went back to camp.

We drove most of the trails, some were very poorly marked, and they criss-crossed and overlapped each other, so it was hard to follow. The best trails were by Fault Line Crawlers, and Renegade Rock Runners - local clubs. Without these local clubs I think the event would be a bust.

RPP hobbies was there with a huge vendor display - no special pricing though. Just hawking their wares. I know the guys at REEF RC, Vanquish was there, as was hobby wing, Redcat, Axial, and a host of other lesser known vendors. Gens-Ace has grown their line, I got a new lipo and charger from them, very nice stuff at really good prices. In fact, if you need a new compact 3s pack they have a 3600 for $34 that fits the Vaterra and other compact trays - super nice piece.

Next year? I dunno. Maybe, just cuz it's not that far for me - about 70 miles, and I have a comfy RV to campout with. And as long as friends show up and join in then it's fun. If I were there by myself I'd bag it.

Really disappointed that our nor-cal guys and Cody were no-shows - the group is what makes it fun, not the throngs of guys we've never seen before. The local clubs were great, but they were busy with their own happenings, didn't bother to invite us to camp, so they were just also-ran or also-there types. And FB has to be THE WORST way to organize anything, and report on anything. It's all just such a giant fail. Oh well.

So there you have it...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, and Associated Element has been busy making new models. The new Enduro GateKeeper caught my eye. I had a first-run Senduro, and it was fun, but not enough different than everything else so I sold it. The new buggy comes as a builder kit, looks attractive and capable, and if it's sorca legal, which I doubt, I'd be a shoe-in for one.

Here's a section on the Fault Line Crawler trail...

Last edited by Browneye; 09-29-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Proline by the Fire 2020 | 5/16/20 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rally action from Proline By the Fire 2019! LAboy Rally 1 07-01-2019 05:47 PM
What do we have here 2020 Ford Bronco Frank211 Chit Chat 21 11-15-2018 08:33 AM
proline by the fire...Willys ZoSo Scale Videos! 0 05-29-2018 07:39 PM