Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: pti dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default pti dig

hello all i have a pti crawler and did the 12.5 extention as soon as i got it. i was wondering if anyone knows if they make a dig feature for this truck without changing the tranny.
jombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
hello all i have a pti crawler and did the 12.5 extention as soon as i got it. i was wondering if anyone knows if they make a dig feature for this truck without changing the tranny.
nope. sorry, but some people have done the driveshaft disconnect type dig, and some have put r2d in theirs with some modifications of corse(sp)
all i have to say is let the search button be your best friend
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
nope. sorry, but some people have done the driveshaft disconnect type dig, and some have put r2d in theirs with some modifications of corse(sp)
all i have to say is let the search button be your best friend
i can use the tmax driveshaft then ,and make a dig disconnect that way cool thanks for the help
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #4

I took and put a Axial tranny in mine with a DNA dig, and Pede drive shafts, works great, my PTI is not exactly stock anymore, Ialso have one with the gear reduction unit, it works well, if you go with another tranny you'll need to make new cross members to handle the width difference.
hollywood2979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I know this an old thread but I was playing around with this last night... if you use some axial outdrives in the pti trans you can then adapt the dig from an r2 to fit...nice and compact.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #6

Can you take some pics?
packerfan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan3001 View Post
Can you take some pics?

Nope... I did it while I was putting something else together and just happened the parts were all laying nearby on the table...kind of one of those wamo moments. It all went together with very little effort, the axial outdrives would need some trimming but nothing a dremel couldnt handle. You'll have to make your own standoffs for the dig unit because they dont come with the rebuild kit, I used brakeline and washers. You'll also need a guide plate, I didnt bother making one since I wasnt actually planning to leave it all together more than 5 mins. I do caution, Im not sure how well the plastic on the trans will hold up to the dig unit.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

here is my dig ... well sort of . i am using some old 2.5 tmaxx drive shafts and cutting the hollow part from the u joint. then adding bb and gluing them to it. then with a third servo it will slide back and forth engaging and disengaging the driveline. here is the problem the rear will be free wheeling and not in dig engagement so i need to figure that part out
here are the pics

and i am using the hpi tranny its like a perfect fitand the holes line up perfectly. the only thing i needed to do is add more weight to the front and rear tires

and a short vid if it climbing