Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: servo and wheel hexes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default servo and wheel hexes

I was just trying to find a set of aluminum wheel hexes for my PTI crawler on towers site and I am not sure what will work? Also I am looking for a servo as well since my JRZ590M does not have enough torque, any help would be awesome. thanks

Hendrik
Mud Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I use these HPI ones. The Axial ones are the same and cheaper: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUFH6&P=Z
The only prblem with those is that you need Axial or HPI wheels because of the nub that sticks out on them.

If you still use the RPM/PTI wheels, any other 12mm hex should work. The TC3 ones will. I like the clamping ones: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGCH4&P=7

For the servo I would suggest anything over 200oz of torque. I personally love the TowerPro 946R. It's a little over 200oz and costs under $20. I get them from Run2JeepN on here. Some people have issues with them. One thing to remember is that digital servos like radios with endpoint adjustments. The servos work very hard and will heat up if endpoints are not set. The keep trying to turn even at full lock. That's what burns them up. Even the expensive $100 digitals will do that. I you want a non digital servo the best bet is a Hitec 645 or Futaba 3305
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

for the axles i am using the extended ones with the 12mm hubs and fit fine http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21221
and the width is at 10.5 with the badlands 2.2 m2 compound and the proline beadlocs
for the servo for the servo i am using the 3305mg from futaba but its not really enough power, the other digital servo i have is the cirrus 180oz in and their cheap at 35.00 (i have currently on my steering servo in my truggy
jombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:41 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

awesome, thanks. I am slowly making this rig better the next thing I need to do is to make a better servo mount and change the stock steering links, they hit my front diff and I can turn tight one way but not the other.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

For wheel hexes, I want to run MSD rock solids straight 6 rims, which hexes would be better for that?