Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GRU or high turn motor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default GRU or high turn motor?

I want to get more climbing crawling ability from my PTI....is it better to go with a GRU like the RC4WD sells or go with a 80-100t motor?
Marc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Adding a GRU is best. You want have reduction and be able to have a bit of wheelspeed as well. A 80t motor would most likely be too slow. I have used a GD600 with good results and currently have the PTI GRU installed. Both are good. The RC4WD GRU would also be a good choice.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I would like to find a PTI gru, but they havent released the new one yet, and I cant find any of the old ones.

Anyone running the RC4WD one have pics or reports?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

*I have rcfwd 4:1 unit. I had some issures figureing out what pinion to use. On the 4:1 unit it ended up being a 14t 48 pitch. I could be wrong but that is what is in there now. I have been running a 45t integy into the 4:1 then into the disruptor xfer case and I think my wheel speed is to hi. This is a scaler with very little intent on being a good crawler, but will look good... My esc fxr seems to everheat in short time. I am guessing i need more reduction or a higher turn motor... I have been thi9nking about a 65t... Oh btw I am running this set up in a 1/6 scale running 2.2.
I am also running 3s Hope this info helps ???...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #5

if possible can you explain how to instal that GD 600 i would like to install one on my Golliat and can you tell me wher to get it. Actually i'm using a Rooster Crawler ESC with 55T; any recomendations. Thanks for your help
BRUSSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I am planning on getting the RC4WD gru in the next week or so. I am running a 55t motor, and will try the 12 or 10 tooth 48 pitch pinion gears I have.

I am also looking into a different speed control as the Futaba I have now has no brake and a very anoying reverse delay.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

get the caslte sidewinder, or the tekin FXR, these to seem to have the most a[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']djustably. [/FONT]the novak rooster crawler is good and it more of a plug and play, very good brake.
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote