Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: PTI finally has metal gears coming??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #61
RCC Addict

well, anyway, so PTI is folding? and we are never going to see metal gears? well crap.

Time to put the poulson rig on a diet to preserve the drive train. Wonder how hard it would be to get a comp rig down to 3 lbs?
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

Frist off i did know nothing about crawlers and asked some one who knows lots more than me. Next im 31 years old and i might not have good spelling or grammer but i do try . When some one comes on to be a smart azz and make them self feel cool by pointing it out after the fact i get alittle pissed off . Now i was clearly pissed off to start with so picking at a person thats pissed off is like poking a big bear with a stick. This should say alot about the people that thought it was fun to pick at me. Who realy acted more like a kid ????? Yea i was being stuped but these people that have been here much longer than me should look back and think about how smart they were acting. So did you do some research on me befor you posted a dumb coment about my age and stuff ?????? PTI is crap and they should have gone out along time ago they are not worth half the money they charg for them and a stock axial rtr will out crawl a pti . I understand people sticking up for ther trucks that they have ther money tied up in i did it to to start with. The thing is when it comes down to it we all know pti is crap compared to a good name brand . I my self am glad to see them going out of business cause now they wont be fooling first time crawler owners to wasting there money .
freelife04239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #63
RCC Addict

way back in the day you modified a tlt,

then back in the day you had tlt, WheelyKing, or Goliath.

then the axial came out, so of course it will out crawl a converted 1:18th scale monster truck.

in the future the losi 2.2 will smoke the axial for out of the box performance

eventually, suspension geometry and akerman will get nailed down, torque twist will be a thing asked about by newbs like clodstall is today, and the market will be just like buggies and truggies where it comes down to favorite brands and driver skill more than technical superiority.

I still want my gears though.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #64
Rock Stacker

yes you have a good point axial is way better but they did not come out that far apart . The pti still cost more than an rtr axial and axial is 100X better.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Alright, enough is enough. But anyways, I will concede then that the chassis and the transmission are garbage, and the axles are not very well designed for a crawler. To be brutally honest, they do not have very many mounting points, which is my main gripe, and the build quality in terms of the thickness and quality of plastic, is not too good either. But if it's the main reasons that people complain about, which is the usage of Associated parts and the plastic ring gears, well, I don't think that's the problem. I mean, poulson axles use those parts comfortably, and they placed top 5 at the 2007 nats and top 15 at the 2008 nats. You can't really complain with that. I think that with a third party chassis from one of our many vendors and a revision of the axle case molds, that they could be competitive. But, since I know nothing of business, that may not be profitable to dabble into.

I don't know, but if I were PTI, then I would make the metal gears, scrap the 3-gear tranny and the stock chassis, and revise the axle case molds to accept TLT axle stays or with molded lower link mounts Axial style, and develop a chassis with the help of some of the more reputable members on here.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmicromonster View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't hold your breath for those gears.
I ain't going to hold my breath but I Must display some kind of sign to show my displeasure in this situation. So here is a picture I made for a friend a few days ago and think this would be the perfect place for its official internet debut (yes PTI, your that special in my eyes)

Without further adieu I Must say the following...

PTI NOT COMING OUT WITH METAL GEARS IS...

Please PTI don't take this as an insult. It's not too late... Well even if it is, go out with your heads up.

Just give us some metal gears
:-(:-(:-P:-P:-P:-P
S_C_I_P_I_O79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Default gears

The prototype gears are made. If there is enough interest, form a small group of people and buy the rights to the gears. Have them made just for you.
motorman1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman1600 View Post
The prototype gears are made. If there is enough interest, form a small group of people and buy the rights to the gears. Have them made just for you.
man, that sounds like work can't we just whine about it till someone else does it for us?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #69
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelife04239 View Post
Frist off i did know nothing about crawlers and asked some one who knows lots more than me. Next im 31 years old and i might not have good spelling or grammer but i do try . When some one comes on to be a smart azz and make them self feel cool by pointing it out after the fact i get alittle pissed off . Now i was clearly pissed off to start with so picking at a person thats pissed off is like poking a big bear with a stick. This should say alot about the people that thought it was fun to pick at me. Who realy acted more like a kid ????? Yea i was being stuped but these people that have been here much longer than me should look back and think about how smart they were acting. So did you do some research on me befor you posted a dumb coment about my age and stuff ?????? PTI is crap and they should have gone out along time ago they are not worth half the money they charg for them and a stock axial rtr will out crawl a pti . I understand people sticking up for ther trucks that they have ther money tied up in i did it to to start with. The thing is when it comes down to it we all know pti is crap compared to a good name brand . I my self am glad to see them going out of business cause now they wont be fooling first time crawler owners to wasting there money .
The first rule of RCC is that you don't go on here looking for sympathy I gotta say that you are a good sport about it though.

As for PTI, you gotta understand that PTI is not a big company with the resources like Axial or HPI. They came out with the MMT looooong before the Axial or the Wheely King. And like hairba11 said, it was originally a 1/18 monster truck and was never intended to be a crawler. But as the crawler thing took off and guys like Skeeno started converting them into crawlers, PTI made an honest attempt to keep up, but they just don't have the resources to adapt as quickly as they needed to.

The "early adopters" had a choice between TLT axles or PTI axles and that was about it for 2.2 stuff. You bought yours in 2009 when the Axial had already been around for 2 years. Just comparing the packaging and presentation alone should have told you that the Axial was probably a superior product.

The Goliath has always been for somebody where being different was the priority; even if you had to modify the hell out of it to make it competetive.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
The first rule of RCC is that you don't go on here looking for sympathy I gotta say that you are a good sport about it though.

As for PTI, you gotta understand that PTI is not a big company with the resources like Axial or HPI. They came out with the MMT looooong before the Axial or the Wheely King. And like hairba11 said, it was originally a 1/18 monster truck and was never intended to be a crawler. But as the crawler thing took off and guys like Skeeno started converting them into crawlers, PTI made an honest attempt to keep up, but they just don't have the resources to adapt as quickly as they needed to.

The "early adopters" had a choice between TLT axles or PTI axles and that was about it for 2.2 stuff. You bought yours in 2009 when the Axial had already been around for 2 years. Just comparing the packaging and presentation alone should have told you that the Axial was probably a superior product.

The Goliath has always been for somebody where being different was the priority; even if you had to modify the hell out of it to make it competetive.

Amen Brotha! You aint kidding about the modifying part! You know what this reminds me of??? When I got my first motorcycle all my firneds were riding green kawasaki's. I was like the hell with having another green bike on the squad! I ended up with a raven R6 instead. Given they all had 636s (the yamaha was 599cc). I slapped on an exhaust and lighter sprokets and was able to get some pull against them. Sort of carries down to my nature of being different I guess...

Last edited by kidone; 03-25-2009 at 10:30 AM.
kidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

I got to say you make good points about the pti and i no longer own it i have traded it for a custom build by zuselilbuddy and its deff a one of a kind

its still in the works but it will out crawl a pti and it also has axial axles and tranny
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelife04239 View Post
yes you have a good point axial is way better but they did not come out that far apart . The pti still cost more than an rtr axial and axial is 100X better.
Hey, I have been wanting a PTI for a while. If anyone is pissed at thiers send it to me and Ill make it work. Hell I'll pay the shipping!
veewee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #73
RCC Addict

come on PTI where's my gears at!
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #74
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrcc View Post
come on pti where's my gears at!
dink!!
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
man, that sounds like work can't we just whine about it till someone else does it for us?

Actually "lol"ed on that one!!!
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #76
RCC Addict

just doing my part
Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #77
RCC Addict

wow someone should be reading this. i want 10 sets now!!!
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #78
Rock Stacker

in this harsh world, if there is anyone who deserves a bailout, it is PTI. you have to admit this:, everytime you called, you know who answered the phone, and he gave it his all. what more do you want...
doomdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:42 AM   #79

I am going to have to purchase a set of these, hopefully then I won't have to worry about shearing any gears or anything... I love this truck... yes I know there are other better options to start with like the AX-10... but this is the one I got a good deal on, and this is the one I have... Now I can make it that much better and capable!!
bluedragon436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #80

Default what fits

so if pti still sleeping the gear dream; what other alternative is out there to replce the plastic gears?
BRUSSER is offline   Reply With Quote