Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New pti goliath

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New pti goliath

PTI Goliath I just orderd a PTI Goliath 12 pro RTR from tower can any one tell me whats the big diff in all the PTI GOLIATHS

this is my frist crawler will i be happy

and what should be the frist hop up i should do to it
freelife04239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

CANCEL YOUR ORDER! my friend got used for crawling, big mistake. the PTI comes with plastic diff gears and terrible cantilever suspenion. your gonna need to get the crawler setup for it, new beadlock rims tires . hurry and cancel the order and get the ax10. my 2 cents
RobCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
RCC Addict

The Pro, I beleive, comes with the traditional shock setup not the cantilevers and should may also come with the Proline MAsher2K tires which are much better than the Imex that they used to come with. It's a fun crawler, but will have some little issues to work with. I have one and I love it.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #4

Pro 12 comes with 2.2 conversion installed. Does not have cantivellars. Also the tires are mashers. I started off with the regular crawler and have since done upgrades. I can keep up with my brothers SX10...
kidone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

well its my frist crawler and ill plan on puting ax axels in it when and if the stock ones die how much work is the chang over i see a few have done it
i cant pass up the deal was 279.00 then take off 15 for the gift card from towerhobbies and 25.00 for there code then i get a crap battery to start with worth 10.00 and i got free shipping . so i payed 229 shipped and fully rtr cant beat that to start crawling i dont think
Old 02-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

yea i want to put ax axles in it but wont do that till i kill the stock ones i got a killer deal on it only paid 229 shipped for rtr so im happy for my frist crawler
Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #7

Glad to hear man. I am waiting on the inner shaft for mine then I should be able to complete my 2.2 conversion. Broke my inner shaft trying to pry out the pin... LOL! Anyways I got an E Maxx to keep me busy until the part arrives! Replacing the axles down the line is a great idea! First thing I would do is a GRU mod as this raises the torque significantly!
Old 02-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

well i got it late friday night and drove it some like it its a good rig but the mashers that come on it stink i orderd pro-line chisel 2.2 tires with g8 compound also orderd the hpi GRU all priority mail should have it all in buy next thursday if not sooner i hope stuff shipes today over all its a great truck
Old 02-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #9

Angry give a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCam View Post
CANCEL YOUR ORDER! my friend got used for givecrawling, big mistake. the PTI comes with plastic diff gears and terrible cantilever suspenion. your gonna need to get the crawler setup for it, new beadlock rims tires . hurry and cancel the order and get the ax10. my 2 cents

i guess you have an axial made in china, well good for you let the guy
enjoy his PTI and you yor axial made in china. no more to say if you can't help to improve keep it for you
BRUSSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I really liked my PTI, and now Kidone is enjoying it....the Axial is cool, but everyone has one. Enjoy your PTI....crawl on!!
Marc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I run my goliath more than my axial...though it may not be "comp-worthy"
its still a blast to run! My 2 cents: put in a 65-turn lathe motor and 3-cell li-po, some weighted 1.9's and have a blast! I put the goliath thru the same abuse as the axial and it's taken it...the only failure I had was in the driveshafts, so I modded some Traxxas ones to fit...don't give up on it!
the_ghetto_rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

well i have orderd the HPI GRU and new tires so we will see how it crawls then its not bad for stock and cheap
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

ALright guys i just took a big step and orderd the brushless goat motor set up for this thing. so my pti will have brushless goat with hpi GRU and Pro-Line Chisel 2.2" Rock Crawler Tires G8 compound. i will have to say i think this will go any where an axail will go .
Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelife04239 View Post
ALright guys i just took a big step and orderd the brushless goat motor set up for this thing. so my pti will have brushless goat with hpi GRU and Pro-Line Chisel 2.2" Rock Crawler Tires G8 compound. i will have to say i think this will go any where an axail will go .

You got that right brotha! I love this truck! Still waiting on my inner shaft though... I wanna get this rig built already! I will post pics of the finished product although not too exciting. I will try some action shots when I get better at crawling. I have been known to go with the underdog to the big corp when it comes to things. For example:

Burton is a popular brand snowboard everyone has! I went with a Nitro snowboard instead because not everyone and their momma owns one...

But you know what??? I am happy because my truck is just as unique as I can make it. I like to name it... Frankenstein!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

sweet cant wait to see pics
Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well free did all he said he was gonna do now its all back to stock and mine lmao
What the heck did I ge myself into, I can make something out of it but that tranny has to gooooooooooooo

A tranny like this belongs in a pan car not in no crawler lol
zueslilbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote