Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: First post and new PTI project!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #1

Default First post and new PTI project!

Hi guys! I have kind of been an RC crawling spectator over the years. It wasn't until recently that I have really taken a strong liking to crawling.

I am in regular communication with Paul @ PTI Racing, I am not sure if he is on here or not. I have two PTI Goliath projects that are kicking off.

My goal is to create a few capable 2.2 comp ready crawlers.

The first is an old PTI Goliath MMT. Aside from spools, it is stock. This guy is going to get the PTI crawler treatment with PTI parts. Stretched chassis, longer links, removed cantilever, relocated battery, suitable 2.2 wheels/tires, etc. I am still trying to coerce Paul to help me get one of the gear reduction units. This truck has been a blast as a mini monster truck but I am ready to take it to the next level of evolution.

The second is based on a custom chassis that I bought from the bay. It has a couple of locked PTI Axles with a custom chassis (no idea who MFG is) and carbon fiber mounts for the front servo and tranny. This guy will get dig and will be setup for competition.

Anyways, glad to be on here! I look forward to meeting new folks and building some sweet crawlers!
Dale Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #2

Here's the project now. It has an AX10 tranny, AX10 rear driveshaft, Hybrid front AX10/Traxxas driveshaft, Hot Racing dig, Novak 55T motor, custom from servo/battery plate with an Epic Racing split 2/3A pack, Axial wheels/tires.

Dale Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Now you don't need the GRU, just hope the axial slipper spares the life of Ring/Pinions. If you speak w/Paul regularly? any info on the metal versions of the gears would REALLY stir up this section again. Truck looks good Dale!
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote