Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Got me a Goliath roller.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Got me a Goliath roller.

Maybe I'm just search challenged but I've been searching for a couple days and haven't been able to find the write up on how to put T-Maxx driveshafts on the Goliath. Could somebody point me in the right direction please!!

Thanks,
Donnie
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It took only a few min for me to find it w/ ^ 'Search this thread' toolbar button on the main 'PTI' page. Anyways, Think this is what you're after.

PTI Goliath Crawler driveshaft?
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks for trying!! But that's not the one I was looking for.
I did use the search. I looked through 11 pages of results earlier today but didn't read everyone though, I was looking for T-Maxx in the thread titles. Just did the search again and started reading everyone of the results this time and found it on page 2 titled "Putting sliders on your GRC" . Here it is -> Putting sliders on your GRC
And found a video how to -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLcn7DFddM

Wish they were in a sticky, would make life a lot simpler.

Here's the only pic I have of my Goliath at the moment.

Metal gears for the axles are next on the list.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
K_B
I wanna be Dave

The "sliders" thread is for putting Stampede shafts on the Goliath. It's a little more involved but a much cleaner install. The Maxx shaft installation is much easier, but a helluva lot uglier. The links that illustrate how to do it are long dead but it's stupid simple.

You just drill out the max yokes with a 1/4" drill bit so the slide over the CV ball joint on the input shaft of the diff and for the output shaft on the center spur. Then use the crosspins that come with the yokes in combination with something like fuel tubing to helps secure them in place and keep them from rattling. It won't spin true on the axle side but it works. I ran mine forever like that.

This is the only photo I have unfortunately. My Goliath is in disarray at the moment.

K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Good looking out KB- Thx for the assist. It's a mod I haven't done yet myself, the Scorpion got in the way Looong time ago. My GRC is just waiting for the Metal R/P, wishfully the 3gear tranny + It may live to CRAWL another day. Nice belly shot^ If ya don't mind- I haven't seen those Knuckles before ?
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Those would be TLT knuckles. In hindsight, I think TC3 knuckles would have been easier to fit and I probably could have re-used the stock bearings.

With TLT knuckles, the axle shaft is moved in slightly and required me to dremel the living hell out of the spool so the dogbones/CVDs would fit without binding.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

My T-Maxx shafts came yesterday so I put'em in and got it running today and slapped a 20yr old body on. Don't have many rocks in the yard to play on so all I have is a couple poser shots.

If it's not raining tomorrow I'll take it out and find some rocks to play in and get some better pics.