Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: PTI reopening?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
I joined the Band!

Default PTI reopening

From what I heard, PTI is kinda done for now but I also heard they were gonna still try to help support their customers with whatever parts they had left in inventory.
hectorloshuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #22
rik
RCC Addict

do they mean 2011? March, 2011? WTF???
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #23
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
do they mean 2011? March, 2011? WTF???
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

No march 2012 right before the world ends
nuke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #25

Well, I have read all the posts about PTI closing and re-opening in march. I am building a crawler and got a good deal on goliath axles with associated tc3 nitro spools. Unfortunately, I need some small parts from PTI to complete it and purchased them 2 weeks ago but haven't received them. They took my money though. Does anyone know of another place to purchase goliath parts?
lameracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #26
K_B
I wanna be Dave

What parts do you need? There's usually something equivalent made by someone else depending on what it is you're looking for. Stormer Hobbies is/was a PTI Dealer but doesn't have any parts on their website. That doesn't exactly mean they don't have stuff sitting around.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #27

I'm looking for the steering servo bracket( which I could probably make from an ax10) and the axle brackets for the links and shocks.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #28
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameracer View Post
Unfortunately, I need some small parts from PTI to complete it and purchased them 2 weeks ago but haven't received them. They took my money though.
may i ask where you purchased the parts from? oh and join the club, i had to open a dispute through paypal for the same thing. got my money back though.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #29

I actually found the PTI website. Whether or not it was an old one or a new one but I purchased them from that site. Even used Pay Pal to pay for them which they have a record of the transaction. The phone number listed on their site has been disconnected and the info email that they have listed on pay pal isn't any good either.

Last edited by lameracer; 09-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #30
rik
RCC Addict

steering servo bracket? the alum piece that sits on the axle? if so i got a brand new one that i'd be willing to part with.... that is if ya mean this little guy.. pm me

Last edited by rik; 09-21-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #31

yup thats it. I'm checking out your site now. Wouldn't happen to have the axle brackets too?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
well, IMO only good can come of it. when pti was open there wasn't any hop-up's for this rig, only replacement parts...which from what i've read over the last year or two, most on here have gotten around pti parts by either fabbin up their own parts or modding the truck so other parts from other rigs can bolt on. it's no secret that if you own this truck you'd better be into modding! i've had mine for years now and it's still a work in progress. so for me, i wanna FINALLY see some hop-ups.

LOL..the only way this could be a bad thing is if Horizon Hobby bought PTI!! (i dont know who did)..Anyone here own a Losi Micro Crawler.I do and if you do, you'll know where i'm comin from!
as you just said about the pti it has to be modded to be desent so does the micro losi made it the way they did to make it inexpensive and easy to upgrade because of people like me that have it torn down and rebuilt before the first pack gets ran through it losi has the best customer service out there and for you to say that they are a bad thing is assinine
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #33
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
as you just said about the pti it has to be modded to be desent so does the micro losi made it the way they did to make it inexpensive and easy to upgrade because of people like me that have it torn down and rebuilt before the first pack gets ran through it losi has the best customer service out there and for you to say that they are a bad thing is assinine
i dont want to start a flame session here. but when did you get your mico? i got mine when it 1st came out..right after thanksgiving 2009..and the freaking tranny bound up so bad, as did a great majority of the RTR's. took near half throttle for it to move with out stopping (binding up). and I DID contact horizon and yes they sent me new gears asap. and guess what????? THEY WERE WORSE THAN THE GEARS ALREADY IN THE RIG!!! hell, a great majority of posts in the micro forum, when the truck first came out, were not about modding it, BUT ABOUT FIXING THE BINDING ISSUES..... i never said a word about horizons customer service (because it is good), but about the product they rushed out despite having quality issues. just look at the next post i posted in this thread (after the post you quoted me on), i admitted that they have great customer service, never said they didnt... but please, dont call me asinine (the correct way to spell it) with out doing your research first.

Last edited by rik; 09-24-2010 at 08:59 PM.