Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: PTI reopening?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default PTI reopening?

you pti guys should check out their website. It says Pti has been sold and will reopen with new products late march
http://www.ptiracing.net/
robbiez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
jwo
Rock Crawler

thats cool, good for every one that has pti's still
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Nice!!! Hopefully they'll bring aftermarket and replacement parts.
76 warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76 warlock View Post
Nice!!! Hopefully they'll bring aftermarket and replacement parts.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #5

great info hear they sold it to the
drawsdonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Hmm, we'll see what comes out of there.
OGmicromonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmicromonster View Post
Hmm, we'll see what comes out of there.
well, IMO only good can come of it. when pti was open there wasn't any hop-up's for this rig, only replacement parts...which from what i've read over the last year or two, most on here have gotten around pti parts by either fabbin up their own parts or modding the truck so other parts from other rigs can bolt on. it's no secret that if you own this truck you'd better be into modding! i've had mine for years now and it's still a work in progress. so for me, i wanna FINALLY see some hop-ups.

LOL..the only way this could be a bad thing is if Horizon Hobby bought PTI!! (i dont know who did)..Anyone here own a Losi Micro Crawler.I do and if you do, you'll know where i'm comin from!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
well, IMO only good can come of it. when pti was open there wasn't any hop-up's for this rig, only replacement parts...which from what i've read over the last year or two, most on here have gotten around pti parts by either fabbin up their own parts or modding the truck so other parts from other rigs can bolt on. it's no secret that if you own this truck you'd better be into modding! i've had mine for years now and it's still a work in progress. so for me, i wanna FINALLY see some hop-ups.

LOL..the only way this could be a bad thing is if Horizon Hobby bought PTI!! (i dont know who did)..Anyone here own a Losi Micro Crawler.I do and if you do, you'll know where i'm comin from!
I do agree that Losi has been having quality issues lately, especially on the micro lineup, but lots of companies could learn from Losi/Horizon. They have the best customer support I've ever dealt with.

It's good to see PTI reopening. They had some good ideas, but need to refine them and put them together in a more comprehensive package.

And it's good to see PTI staying open so hopefully people don't have to lose their jobs.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They have the best customer support I've ever dealt with.

that they do..as did PTI..whenever i had a problem i'd call and get the parts. hell, they rarely charged me! now the difference between PTI and Horizon(as far as the micro goes) is that PTI ALWAYS sent me good parts.

anyway i just hope that when they re-open that the goliath will be on their roster. if it is, then some of the axial guys will be eating their words. LOL j/k

does anyone who know who in fact did purchase PTI?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I suggest the first thing they do is pump out more of the 1/18 Jeep bodies for the MRC guys. Those seemed to be popular.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Default Well Check Them Out!

They have all the other crawlers on the market to learn from, so that should help them bring better products to the public.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
I suggest the first thing they do is pump out more of the 1/18 Jeep bodies for the MRC guys. Those seemed to be popular.
Yeah me to. I used mine for a good month after finally giving it up. The body posts holes ripped all the way through to the fenders, when it would be upside down you could just see the body buckle, it needs to be a higher grade of lexan!
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

my first crawler was a pti or should i say crawler , best thing i ever done was got rid of it! enough said!
jon1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I'll say this, it is a very steep uphill climb (rock crawler pun fully intended) to break into the RC industry as a new company, especially a small one.

Comparing PTI to Horizon is like comparing a fruit stand on the side of the road to Walmart. They both sell fruit but have completely different sets of business metrics by which they have to operate.

Owning a cottage industry business myself in this arena, I have a soft spot for companies like PTI and I want them to succeed. I also know from having completely rebuilt my goliath into a custom crawler though that they did have some quality issues they needed to address in the parts and design.

I'm watching with interest, if I had to bet, I wouldn't bet on them coming back with a line of vehicle kits, it certianly wasn't their forte.
pbarsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #15
rik
RCC Addict

man, i obviously cant read. i could SWEAR the web page says "late march". maybe they spell march like this,,, A-P-R-I-L....???? are there any English teachers on here that can verify the correct spelling of march?

sorry, i just have no tolerance for being d-cked around....if you say late march, then i expect late march...if there is a doubt in your mind of when you will open, then say "check back soon" or something of that nature....or you should over estimate the date of your opening.. if you think it's gonna be late march, then post "late april" or "early june". that way if you do open early, your company looks even better... i have a feeling that this whole thing may be a "dud". though i hope not...

then again, i have a feeling that i may be one of the last to own one of these. anyone else still rockin the PTI? (pun intended)

ok, rant is over... cheers!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

i still drive mine when i get a chance.
fordtoys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
man, i obviously cant read. i could SWEAR the web page says "late march". maybe they spell march like this,,, A-P-R-I-L....???? are there any English teachers on here that can verify the correct spelling of march?

sorry, i just have no tolerance for being d-cked around....if you say late march, then i expect late march...if there is a doubt in your mind of when you will open, then say "check back soon" or something of that nature....or you should over estimate the date of your opening.. if you think it's gonna be late march, then post "late april" or "early june". that way if you do open early, your company looks even better... i have a feeling that this whole thing may be a "dud". though i hope not...

then again, i have a feeling that i may be one of the last to own one of these. anyone else still rockin the PTI? (pun intended)

ok, rant is over... cheers!!

I'm betting that the "sale" was completed but whoever bought them is still trying to figure out what to do with them.
pbarsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #18
K_B
I wanna be Dave

I can't say I'm surprised. I expected this to happen. No expectations; no disappointments
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
No expectations; no disappointments
LOL... i could swear i have read this before....

oh well, the wait continues~
Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

i must admit, that when they first came out, i wanted one. got it, modded, and it did do ok. never broke a ring/pinion, improved the links,and added a gd600.
now i just want the remnants gone. yeah, i have it listed in the f/s forum, but the axles are in good shape. i surfaced the axle housing halves , and it pinched the bearings, and i didn't even have to shim the bevel gears to keep proper backlash. for plastic gears, it held fine.
the cvd's suck. tmaxx sliders worked out great. i replaced the dogbones w/hpi sn's,and the input shafts w/ tc3's. if anyone wants what is left, lets deal.
doomdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote