Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Mrs. Wrench's New RC Ride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Mrs. Wrench's New RC Ride

Hey All; So we added a new rig to the fleet not to long ago. Here is how it all came about. So a forum was having a Fund Raiser for the Troops in the War zones and did a support the troops Sticker drive. Buy some decals/stickers and you get an entry into a raffle for some way kool donated prizes. Everything from a dual brushless Clod to a kustom snow plow. So I purchased some decal to help support the troops never expecting to win anything just to do a good deed. So after the drive is up and the drawing was done I get an email asking for my shipping addess and letting me know I will need to pay the shipping costs. So I asked what did I win???? Turns out I won a Kustom PTI Goliath MT 1/10 conversion complete RTR with a 2cell Lipo Battery and a Tactic 2.4ghz radio setup. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Way................... Yes you won.
So onto the next part of the story. My lovely wife has always been my biggest supporter of my hobby and even buys me Hobby gifts for B-days and holidays so I feel so blessed. Well every once in a while she will ask to play with my RC's and I proceed to tell her home much $$$ I have into them and time and effort and hours of building and customizing them. So guilt,guilt,guilt she usually walks away saying it is all good and sometimes when I am testing stuff in the driveway I'll let her run the sticks so I can score some video and pics. Well as a surprise I decided to prep this rig with a 2 cell Lipo cut-off and a 55 turn crawler motor and a gearing change and give it to my wife for her first RC car ever. It is all hers to run and wreck if she likes. And mine to fix and modify to her likings.lol I still get the workload.Funtimes ahead I can see.Should be plenty knowing woman drivers.lol So here are the pics of the rig I gave to her. Enjoy.L8R,Wrench.

WrenchHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

ahh, this is a breath of fresh air in an almost dead forum. very nice rig. i like the way the electronics are mounted. though the first thing that caught my eye were the wheel wideners. care to share what they are? anyway, great rig and thanks for posting....
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

REALLY digging that paint job! Congratulations!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
REALLY digging that paint job! Congratulations!

x2

run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #5

That's a beastie chasis, simple looking and functional. nice rig. is it a shelf queen??lol
stoneface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

No Sir. I think it was before I got it. Wife has been putting it throufh it's paces.lol
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

another great addition to the family wrench.

glad to hear ms. wrench has one to toy around with now. how`s she liking it so far?
fordtoys88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

So far she is real happy with it. She is still learning to drive it. But she is working on it. I just showed her how to charge the Lipo. Also came home from work last week and she was doing figure 8's in the driveway gettting used to the new radio. Will see if I can get some vid of her squeazing some trigger.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Good to see you got the wife involved now to! or is it nice of you to sacrafice one of your rides?
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Good to see you got the wife involved now to! or is it nice of you to sacrafice one of your rides?

It is all good. It was a rig I won in a raffle anyways. So I didn't create it and pour large amounts of time and $$ into it. I have a Roll Bar set and some BillsCustomRClighting.com LEDs for a surprise for her.Also CowRC sent her a set of CowGirly decals.Thanks Heath she was so happy to have them addressed to her.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thats awesome and what nice hubby My wife on the other hand hates this hobby with a passion lol. Need to see some clips of her running it around
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

i actually think my ex girlfriend left me after i bought my scx10

GOOD RIDANCE

maybe my next one will be more into it?
zackxj is offline   Reply With Quote