Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: bigboy setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #1

Default bigboy setup

I recently bought a goliath on ebay but it hasnt come yet. it is heavily modified and streched, with a tamiya teu101bk esc and an integy 65t motor and some kind of gear reduction. What I'm looking to do is use a Mamba Monster esc i have already, question is what motor should i run with that much esc, i have plenty of 2s and 3s batteries to use and being that i can switch to a brushed or brushless motor, plus have full control of my BEC, it should make for a good setup. Also Was wondering what i can do to make my pti a 4ws, looks as simple as mounting a rear servo, getting some linkage, and putting a "Y" connector in my receiver at the steering port. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!
meadowstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: bigboy setup

Unless you replace the entire transmission with something like an axial tranny, you can't run very powerful motors; the tranny (or lack thereof) will just blow up. And the gears in the axles can't take much power either unless you can get your hands on a set of the metal ring/pinions. Were you planning on using it as a crawler or a general basher?

As for 4WS, that's pretty much like you said: fab up a servo mount, get some linkages and REVERSING Y-harness and you're set.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #3

Default Re: bigboy setup

no as a crawler... it came today, may just steal the axles from it, and buy a losi comp crawler chassis and links, cause this thing looks like junk... thanks for the help
meadowstj is offline   Reply With Quote