Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Metal Gears on fleabay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Metal Gears on fleabay

Was thinking about resurecting my PTI axles for a scale build... Found these online.

Hard Steel Differential Ring Gear Team Associated TC3 TC4 NTC3 Nitro Diff | eBay

hmmmm....
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Metal Gears on fleabay

Terrible gears!

They do not have an involute profile on their gear teeth!! They have simple flat face which will make noise, friction and heat. They will also consume more battery power.
And the worst part is the price!..what a way of looting the public.

Shortcut in manufacturing method but a big mouth to ask money!!!
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs down Re: Metal Gears on fleabay

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Willis View Post
Was thinking about resurecting my PTI axles for a scale build... Found these online.

Hard Steel Differential Ring Gear Team Associated TC3 TC4 NTC3 Nitro Diff | eBay

hmmmm....
I got into it with rcdamper really bad on eBay where the eBay staff had to get involved. I told the seller if these are certified GPM steel CVD's I needed on a go-fast HPI build I would take them along with a whole bunch of other GPM parts. If it does not say GPM on the packaging it is a copy sold at the same pricing.

If you must order across the pond especially for scale Tamiya, HPI, and some other Japanese mfg companies for your kit go with asiatees.com they clearly state GPM. MUCH MORE DEALS TOO! Also offer FREE one year warranty.

Rcdamper I bought some upgrades from them before on a few Tamiya 4wd 1/10 buggies. Quality is junk at the same price and look as the stock pictures of many GPM products.

There's a reason why his eBay feedback last time I checked was only 91%.

I even purchased a set of basic adjustable alloy shocks from rcdamper years back for my old Factory Team TC3...after one lap 2 shocks had already began leaking.

Don't waste your time working with this seller. I had to report him to eBay to cancel my $400 order in upgrades and it took him a month to do it and 4 emails and 5 eBay messages.

It's simple...he was trying to force me into a sale with no proof of the exact manufacturer I was looking for. Then no replies obviously raises red flags with eBay. Finally he backed off...will never work with this scammer again.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Metal Gears on fleabay - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Metal Gears" Equals "Pot Metal Gears" Robb Duratrax Cliff Climber 18 05-20-2009 07:09 PM
Metal Gears vltchkr Duratrax Cliff Climber 6 12-01-2008 08:58 PM
Metal gears Mike Poulson General Crawlers 60 10-20-2008 02:46 AM
metal gears igotnylint General Crawlers 13 03-22-2007 07:02 AM